National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) initiated a new regulation for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in schools under Government, unaided and aided categories. The council had made the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by state boards compulsory for the aspiring candidates. WBSSC or West Bengal School Service Commission will conduct recruitment drive to fill up the vacant posts in the schools of West Bengal. Other popular TET exams in the country are Arunachal Pradesh TET, ASSAM TET Secondary and Higher Secondary, Manipur TET, HP Teacher Eligibility Test, Tripura TET, Madhya Pradesh TET, etc. Drona provides needed guidance and study material prepared by subject experts to qualify these government job exams.
Primary teachers, upper primary teachers and other staff related to schools will be recruited by the board.
- Bachelor’s degree pass with a two year Diploma degree in Elementary Education (Or)
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks with one year Bachelor degree in Education (B.Ed.) (Or)
- A pass in Graduation with a minimum of 45% marks and one year bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed), as per NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) (Or)
- Candidates must have passed Senior Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and should have passed four year Bachelor degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) (Or)
- A pass in Senior Secondary level or its equivalent level exam with a minimum of 50% marks and 4 year BA/B.Sc. Ed or B.A.Ed./B.Sc. Ed. (Or)
- Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and 1 year B.Ed. (Special Education) and Must have passed Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines of NCTE.
- Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education recognized by NCTE, for the purpose of this recruitment.
- However, when there is a tie between the candidates having Diploma in special Education and B.Ed Special Education, the degree recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) will be given preference.
Candidates must not be below 20 years of age and the upper age limit will be 40 years. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- SC/ST – 5
- OBC – 3
- PwD – 8
Five percent marks will be given relaxation to the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
Along with this notification other important ones in the Bengal state are WB Civil Service Executive Exam, WB SSC, WB Forest, WB Police, etc. Along with the subject knowledge candidates must have good knowledge on current affairs and GK to crack WB TET.
- Current Notifications Click here
- Upcoming Notifications Click here
- Previous Notifications Click here
Candidates must need to go through the notification carefully and after ensuring their eligibility, they should visit the official website of the West Bengal School Service Commission.
- Then the candidates need to fill their educational information and other details
- After which the candidates need to print the generated Bank Challan (Cash Challan).
- Candidates can pay the requisite fee either offline mode or online modes such as from credit/debit card and net banking.
- Candidates can apply online at SAHAJ TATHYA MITRA KENDRA also
- Candidates needs to upload scanned copies of full signature and recent pass port size photos as per the guidelines given in the notification before submitting the application form.
Selection of candidates to the teachers post (except Physical Education & Work Education) will be made category wise on the basis of merit. The marks obtained in TET, Academic examinations, Professional qualifications and the marks obtained in personality test conducted by the West Bengal School Service Commission will be given weightage. The weightage of marks is listed in the below table.
|1||TET weightage||40 marks|
|2||Academic qualifications including professional qualifications||50 marks|
|3||Personality Test||10 marks|
The Central Commission will verify the genuineness and validity of TET Certificate, academic and professional qualification certificates of the candidates and allot the marks based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
Interview/ Personality Test
The candidates having good scores will be called for interview and the interview board will assess the personality and attitude of candidates in the perspective of their suitability to the job.
- West Bengal Lecturer English Syllabus
- West Bengal Lecturer Geography Screening Test Syllabus
- West Bengal Lecturer History Screening Test Syllabus
- West Bengal Lecturer Mathematics Screening Test Syllabus
- West Bengal Lecturer Screening Test Syllabus
- West Bengal Lecturer Foundation Course Screening Test Syllabus