West Bengal is the India’s fourth-most populous state, with more than nine crore population. Its geographical area is similar in size to Serbia. West Bengal shares its borders with Bangladesh in the east with Nepal and Bhutan in the north. Efficient staff in the state government is necessary to run the state administration smoothly. The recruitment for the vacant posts in various state government departments is made by conducting Competitive Examinations. West Bengal Public Service Commission is responsible for this whole process of recruitment of the candidates for the vacant posts in the state government departments. Other popular PSCs that recruit significant number of candidates into the government posts are APPSC, TSPSC, KSPSC, TNPSC, etc. Drona which is repository of all the required study materials provides needed guidance to the aspirants of these exams.
Many posts such as Stenographers, Scientific Assistants, Assistant Master/Mistress in Physical Education, Krishi Prayukti Sahayaks, Transport/Computer Supervisors, Technical Assistants, Pharmacists, Deputy Ranger / Forester, etc., are filled by SSC of West Bengal through competitive exams or interviews or both.
The eligibility criteria are given below
- (i) For the majority of the posts the minimum education qualification will be any graduation degree from a recognized University and for some posts, a pass in Madhyamik Examination which is conducted by West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent will be enough.
- (ii) Ability to write, read, and speak Bengali/Nepali
- (iii) The candidate’s age should not be below 18 years and must not more than 40 years
- (iv) The candidate must be a citizen of India either by birth or by registration or declaration of govt of India
- (v) The candidate must have sound physical and mental health.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for the candidates of S.C., S.T. of West Bengal, and by 3 years for the B.C-A and BC-B candidates. For the Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxed to 42 years. The claim of relaxation for government servants will be based on their continuous service in the job.
- Current notifications
- Upcoming notifications
- Previous notifications
Candidates have to visit the official website www.wbssc.gov.in and must read the notification clearly. They should fill the application form completely and should pay the requisite examination fee. The duly filled application form and the required documents should be sent to the commission. Whereas for some posts the application will be online, where the candidates needs to fill the application online and should upload scanned copies of the full signatures and passport photos. After completing the application process candidates need to take a printout of the application form for future use.
The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will prescribe the scheme and syllabus of the examination. The mode of examination may be OFFLINE or ONLINE, and the examination pattern and mode will be decided by the commission during notification.
- West Bengal SSC Group C Clerk Syllabus
- West Bengal SSC Group D Staff Syllabus
- West Bengal SSC Head Master Mistress Syllabus
- West Bengal SSC Librarian Syllabus
- West Bengal SSC Veterinary Pharmacist and LDA Surveyor Syllabus
- West Bengal Assistant Sub Inspector of Excise Recruitment Syllabus
- West Bengal Meteorological Assistant MA Syllabus
- West Bengal Stenographer Syllabus
- West Bengal Sub Inspector of Food Syllabus
- West Bengal Tailor Syllabus
- West Bengal Transport Attendant Syllabus
- West Bengal Transport Supervisor Syllabus
- WBSETCL Assistant Company Secretary Syllabus
- WBSETCL Assistant Manager Corporate Communication Syllabus
- WBSETCL Assistant Manager HR&A Syllabus
- WBSETCL Assistant Manager Syllabus
- WBSETCL Jr. Engineer(E)Gr-II1 Syllabus
- WBSETCL Jr-Executive-F-A Syllabus
- WBSETCL Office Executive & Stenographer Syllabus
- WBSETCL Pharmacist Syllabus
- WBSETCL Special Technical Assistant Syllabus
- WBSETCL Technical Support Hand Syllabus
- WBSETCL Technician Gr III Syllabus