UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Exam Notification 2020 – Overview
- Board Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Name of the Posts: Civil services posts
- Total Number of Vacancies: Various
- Govt Jobs in India
- Apply online starting date: 12th February 2020
- UPSC Civil Services Apply Online closing date: 3rd March 2020
- UPSC IAS Prelims Exam date: 31st May 2020
- UPSC IAS Mains Exam date: 18th September 2020
- Official portal: www.upsc.gov.in
- Application mode: Online
- Check Central Government Jobs here
UPSC IAS Online Application Form 2020
Union Public Service Commission has made all the arrangements to release the UPSC IAS Notification 2020 on its official portal. Soon, after the official release, the officials will invite the application forms via online. The UPSC Recruitment Online Application form 2020 for the CSE exam will be available from 12th February 2020 up to 3rd March 2020.
Candidates who are willing to apply for UPSC IAS Recruitment 2020 can register at www.upsc.gov.in using your roll number, date of birth, educational details, email-ID etc. Check the full information regarding the UPSC Civil Services Apply Online link, Online registration dates, step by step process to fill the application form, application fee, FAQs, etc from the below sections of the page.
UPSC CSE Online Registration Dates
- Availability of official UPSC CSE Notification 2020: 12th February 2020
- Starting date to fill the application form: 12th February 2020
- Last date to fill the UPSC Detailed Application form: 3rd March 2020
- Availability of admit card for prelims exam: 9th May 2020
- UPSC CSE Prelims Exam date: 31st May 2020
- UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam date: 18th September 2020
Documents Required To Fill UPSC DAF Application Form 2020
Candidates have to get ready with the following documents before filling the UPSC Application form 2020:
- An active Email Id
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- Medical certificate, if required
- Category certificate, if required
- Scanned signature and photograph
Specifications of the scanned photograph and signature
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format
- The digital size of the file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and
- Resolution: 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum
- The bit depth of the image file should be 24 bit
- Scanned signature should be in JPG format
- The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB
- Resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum
- The bit depth of the image file should be 24 bit
Photo ID Proof:
- Photo identity card document should be only in PDF format
- The digital size of the PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB
Union PSC IAS 2020 Registration Process
UPSC IAS application form 2020 will be available on its official portal i.e, www.upsc.gov.in. Candidates who have met the eligibility criteria have to get ready with the documents required at the time of filling the UPSC Online registration form. The step by step procedure to UPSC Civil Services Apply Online are shared below:
Step-1: Online Registration
- Go to the official portal i.e, www.upsc.gov.in
- On the home page, hit the “UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020” under Examinations section
- Now, register yourself using the 6-digit roll number, date of birth, educational details, Email-Id, etc
- Enter the captcha and hit the “Submit” button
- A username and password will be sent to your registered Email-ID
- Keep it safe for future reference
Step-2: Fill Detailed Application Form (DAF)
- After the successful registration as shown in step 1, you have again login with 6-digit username and password to fill the UPSC Detailed Application Form (DAF)
- Enter all the details like personal, parental, employment information, etc correctly
- After filling details, save each module
- After the completion of filling all the modules, you can make the changes if required before the final submission
- No changes are allowed after the final submission of the UPSC DAF form
- Cross-verify all the details and hit the “Submit” button
Step-3: Uploading the Documents
You need to upload the following documents at the time of filling the UPSC DAF application form 2020:
- Certificate related to proof of age
- Educational qualification certificates
- Caste certificate, if required
- PH certificate if applicable
- Photo identity proof
- Scanned copies of the signature and passport size photograph
Step-4: Fee Payment
- You have to pay the fee online or offline mode
- For online fee payment, you can use credit card/debit card/Rupay card or Internet Banking Services
- For offline fee payment, you have to download the e-challan and pay the fee in cash at SBI bank branches on the next day itself
UPSC Civil Services Application Fee Details
Candidates have to pay the fee online using a credit card, debit card, etc or offline using SBI e-challan.
For General/EWS/OBC candidates:
- Prelims Exam Fee: Rs. 100/-
- Mains Exam: Rs. 200/-
Female/SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from the fee payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time is given to the candidates to apply online for UPSC CSE Recruitment 2020?
Ans. You will get 15 days or 2 weeks to apply for UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2020.
2. How can I access the site to fill the UPSC IAS Online application form 2020?
Ans. Log on to https://upsconline.nic.in/ to access the home page of the UPSC online application.
3. When can I submit the UPSC online application for a particular exam?
Ans. You have to apply for UPSC Jobs when it is notified by the commission.
4. Can I apply any time during the year for a particular UPSC exam?
Ans. No, you have to apply for UPSC exam in a particular period of time as specified in the official notification
5. I have a problem while filling the Name and Address fields. What should I do?
Ans. Due to some reasons, special characters are not allowed in the name and address fields. You can retry after deleting them.
6. What should I do if my name is more than a space limit of 30 characters?
Ans. When you enter your name (more than 30 characters) in the name column, it automatically displays to facilitate the abbreviate name. Now, you can abbreviate your name within 30 characters and fill it in the name column.
7. Can I change the Date of Birth after having submitted the UPSC IAS online application?
Ans. No, it is not possible, once you have submitted the UPSC IAS application form.
Other Related Links