Uttar Pradesh PSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2019 – Overview
|Name of the Board||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Job Role||Sub Registrar, Labour Enforcement Officer, District Audit Officer Senior Lecturer, and other|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number Of Vacant posts||364 posts|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Examination, Mains Test and Personality Test|
|Job Category||UP State Govt Jobs|
|Name of the category||Exam Syllabus|
|Work Location||Uttar Pradesh|
|Prelims Exam Date||15th December 2019|
UPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2019
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission PCS Exam Syllabus 2019 PDF is available here. The UPPSC will conduct the written test for Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services, Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF)/ Range Forest Officer (RFO) posts in the coming days. Those contenders who have applied for the UPPSC PCS Preliminary Examination can get the complete details about the syllabus here.
UPPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus and Uttar Pradesh PCS Prelims Exam Pattern is provided for both papers I and II. Hence, job seekers can check out this article to get detailed uppsc.up.nic.in Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Prelims Exam Syllabus 2019. Furthermore, candidates can get complete information about the UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2019 from our page.
UPPSC PCS Prelims Selection Procedure
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is recruiting the eligible candidates for 364 job vacancies by conducting the following selection rounds.
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Mains Exam
- Viva-voce (Personality Test)
Uttar Pradesh PCS Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
UPPSC Forest Range Officer Preliminary Test Pattern 2019 is provided here. Candidates can get marking strategy, weightage of subjects, names of the subjects, exam structure from UPPSC PCS Paper Pattern 2019. You can also know the total number of questions, marks, type questions, and exam period details.
- The preliminary written exam contains objective type and multiple-choice questions.
- The examination will consist of two compulsory papers.
- Both the papers will be of 200 marks each and two hours time duration.
- Paper I and Paper II contain 150 nad 100 questions respectively.
- The timing of Paper 1 is from 9:30 am to 11:30 am and Paper 2 is from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Paper-II of the preliminary exam has qualifying marks are 33%.
Download UPPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus PDF
General Studies I
- Current events of national and international Importance
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General Science
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- History of India & Indian National Movement
General Studies II
- General Hindi up to Class X level
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General English up to Class X level
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- General mental ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level – Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and Irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their Interrelationship
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interests
- Work and Time
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M., and H.C.F. of polynomials and their Interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic Equations
- Set Theory:- Set, null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram
- Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area
- Volume and surface area of a sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube
- Collection of data
- Classification of data
- frequency distribution
- cumulative frequency
- Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon
- cumulative frequency curves (ogives)
- Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic Mean, Median, and Mode
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Words meanings
- Vocabulary & Usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks