Tripura is the third-smallest state having geographical area of 10,491 km2. The scheduled tribes are 30% of the Tripura’s population. As per the legal classification around 60% of the geographical area is covered by the forest but as per FSI the forest cover is only 21.23%. Conservation of forest especially in trans border area is one of the serious problems, as the forest degradation rate is alarming.
Tripura Forest Department handles the task of managing Forest & Wildlife Resources in the state of Tripura. The main motto of the Department is the “ecological stability and socio-economic security of the people of the state”. The important objectives of the forest Department are given below
- Prevention of degradation of forests resources & improving their quality.
- Maintaining ecological restoration.
- Restoring degraded forest land.
- Creation of livelihood opportunities by sustainable use of wildlife, forests, & biodiversity resources.
The department recruits group A gazetted officers for the department.
The candidate applying, must be a citizen of India as per the definition given in part-II of the constitution
- A candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least one of the following subjects- Agriculture, Botany, Engineering (Agriculture/ Civil/ Chemical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical), Geology, Physics, Statistics, Horticulture/Mathematics, Forestry, Zoology or Honours, from a recognized university (Or)
A Certificate holder from one of the Government Forest Ranger College provided that he/she should be sponsored by State/Union Territories.
- Knowledge in Bengali is Desirable
- In some exceptional cases, the Commission may allow a candidate to the competitive examination who has passed the qualifying examination conducted by the foreign institutions or Universities having the standard equivalent to the standard of the recognized Universities.
- Candidates below 21 years and more than 37 years of age are not eligible
|Without expansion 84 cm, after expansion 89 cm
Without expansion 79 cm, after expansion 84 cm
The relaxations for different categories are listed in the below table.
|SC/ ST/ Govt servants||5|
|Physical measurements for ST (Height)|
- Current notifications
- Upcoming notifications
- Previous notifications
How to Apply
- Candidates should procure the application form the commission directly or through post by paying requisite fee amount.
- The candidates need to fill the form with the details asked for and should post it to the prescribed address along with the requisite documents.
The selection process consists of two parts namely written and personally test. First candidates need to qualify in the Written Examination then the Personally Test. The Written Examination will carry 700 marks and personality Test will carry 100 marks. Drona provides all the needed information to crack the exam.
- (a) Physical Measurement
- (c) Written Examination
- (d) Interview/Viva-voce
First, the candidate should have the required criteria of height and other physical standards. Once the candidates clear the written examination, the interview will be the last step in the selection process. Based on the performance in written exam and interview, candidates are selected for the post.
Candidates should attend written exam. The exam is for 700 marks and the questions will be given form
- General English – 100 marks
- General Knowledge – 100 marks
- Bengali or alternative English – 100 marks
- Option 1
- Paper 1 – 100
- Paper 2 – 100
- Option 2
- Paper 1 – 100
- Paper 2 – 100
The questions asked in the examination may be set in short essay type and short answer type/objective type. First three papers standard will be of higher secondary school and optional paper standard will be of bachelor’s degree standard. The optional papers need to be answered in English or Bengali. The qualifying marks for the preliminary examination will be decided by the commission.
The number of candidates called for interview will be based on the number of vacant posts and ratio will be usually 3:1. The interview boards assess the attitude, Mental strength, and personality of the candidates for their suitability to the job. The interview/personality test carries 100 marks.