The forest department is well organised with qualified personnel. Telangana Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment drives for all the vacant positions in the department. Candidates interested to apply for the positions must go through the official website of TSPSC for the recruitment notifications. Other popular state forest service notifications are TN Forest, Chhattisgarh Forest, Karnataka Forest, Kerala Forest, Orissa Forest, Madhya Pradesh Forest, etc.
The important positions that are usually given recruitment notification are given below along with the eligibility criteria and payscale.
|Post Name||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale|
|Forest Range Officers (FRO)||Graduation or equivalent in disciplines such as Agriculture/Botany/Chemistry/
Computer/Applications/Computer Science/Engineering/Environmental Science/Forestry/Geology
/Horticulture/Mathematics/Physics/ Statistics/Veterinary Science/Zoology
|Rs. 15,280 – 40,510|
|Forest Section Officers||Graduation in Botany/Forestry / Horticulture/ Zoology/ Physics / Chemistry/ Mathematics/Statistics/
|Rs. 10,020 – 29,200|
|Forest Beat Officers||Intermediate pass or its equivalent||Rs. 7,960 – 23,650|
|Assistant Beat Officers||10th pass or its equivalent||Rs. 7,520 – 22,430|
|Thanadars||10th pass or its equivalent||Rs. 7,100 – 21,250|
|Bungalow Watchers||10th pass or its equivalent||Rs. 6,700 – 20,100|
|Technical Assistant||Must have trade certificate of draftsman (civil) trade or its equivalent||Rs. 94,60 – 27,700|
Note: The age limit should be 18-36 years for the above mentioned posts.
- Three years for Retrenched employees in the State Census Department with a minimum service of 6 months.
- Five years for Telangana State Government Employees.
- Three years for Ex-servicemen.
- Three years for N.C.C Instructors.
- Five years for SC/ST and BC candidates.
- Ten years for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates.
- Eighty percent of the posts are reserved for local candidates and 20% for non-locals in each district.
- SC/ST, BC reservations are given as per the vacancies available.
- There is reservation for Women as per general rules.
- Reservation for Physically Disabled is subjected to the eligibility of the respective posts.
Other government job notifications released in the state are TS TET, TS Police,etc. Aspiring Candidates can visit website Drona to know the updated information about the examination such as eligibility, date of examination, examination pattern, etc.
Current Notifications click here
Upcoming Notifications click here
Previous Notifications click here
- Log on to the official website tspsc.gov.in.
- Click on ‘One Time Profile Registration (OTPR)’ button on the displayed page and choose ‘Direct Recruitment’ or ‘Departmental Test’.
- Click on New Registration and an online application form will be displayed
- Enter your Aadhar card number and all the other details
- Upload your passport photograph and signature.
- Select on the type of notification and click submit.
- An ID and Password will be generated immediately.
- Candidates are advised to save the ID and Password for future references
The prospective applicants will be selected based on performance in the following selection process.
The selection procedure includes:
- Written Examination.
- Physical Measurements.
- Certificate Verification.
- Medical Examination and Walking Tests ( 25 km in 4 hours ).
The below mentioned physical standards for the posts of Forest Section Officer, Forest Beat Officer, Assistant Beat Officer, Bungalow Watcher and Thanedar.
- Height – 163 Cms and above.
- Chest – 79 Cms on expansion.
Candidates must walk 25 Kilometers in 4 hours.
- Height – 150 Cms and above.
- Chest – 74 cms on expansion.
Candidates must walk 16 Kilometers in 4 hours.
The written exam will be having three papers and the pattern the topics covered, marks allotted, etc., are given in the below table.
|Paper||Subject||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|I||Essay Writing in English / Hindi / Urdu||One Hour||20|
|II||General Knowledge||90 Minutes||100|
|III||General Mathematics||90 Minutes||100|
The detailed syllabus pertaining to Telangana State Forest Department examinations are provided here. The following links can be used to download syllabus.
Following links would redirect you to the written examination Syllabus
Understanding Selection Procedure: The preparation strategy involves understanding the selection procedure of an examination. All the government jobs have written exam, followed by an interview. When it comes to Forest and Police Department tests, physical standards also play a crucial role in the selection of the candidates. Candidates must focus on all aspects of examination from day one till the end of the preparation.
Focus only on one Exam: Some people get over excited with the preparation. If you are interested in Forest Department Jobs, prepare for it. Do not mix up with other exams. Students apply for various jobs, even if the syllabus matches slightly with the other exams. Nothing wrong in doing that, but sticking to the goals is more important than deviation. So, stay focused on one goal.
Research: Lot of students compete in the examination, you need to have the edge over them. A thorough research on subjects, employment procedures, the interview makes you stay ahead of other competitors. You must work on skills, to improve your areas where there is enough scope to do so.
Preparing you for the job: A good preparation makes a person ready for the job, not just for the examination. If the candidate is honest with the preparation, it shows that his moves are realistic and only right approach can give you right results. Your quick response to the surroundings, emotional intelligence, consistency also plays a crucial role in the interview.
TS Forest Department Exam Resources
- Click Here
- Click Here
- Click Here
Tips and Tricks
Make sure you are done with your preparation before hand so that you can calm down on the day of exam. The following tips could be useful:
For Written Examination
- Maintain your cool as well as your confidence.
- Carry your hall ticket and other essentials.
- Check the details mentioned on the answer paper.
- Always attempt the easy questions first.
- A good presence of mind is needed throughout the exam.
- Recheck your Answer sheet before coming out of the examination hall.
Interviews, generally tests candidate’s overall personality, decision making ability and the presence of mind. The following tips will help you
- Make sure to reach the venue in advance.
- Wear formals only and make sure you look smart .
- Walk in confidently in the interview room.
- Maintain the correct body language, gestures, and postures while interacting.
- Be alert.
- A good presence of mind will be of a great help.
- Maintain proper eye contact with the interview panel.
- Be polite and humble throughout the interview.