Punjab Police is responsible for law enforcement in the State of Punjab, India. Maintenance of Law and Order, constitutional enforcement, prevention and detection of crime is the main mission of Punjab Police. Suresh Arora is the current chief of Punjab Police. The department advertises job related notifications from time to time based on the vacant posts in the department. The other important state police service notifications are Assam Police SI Jobs
, Chattisgarh Police, Meghalaya Police, Haryana Police, HP Police, etc.
|S. No.||Post Name||Age Limit (in Years)||Educational Qualification||Pay scale||Grade Pay|
|1||Sub Inspector Of Police (PSI)||18 – 25||Candidates must possess Graduation or its equivalent from a UGC recognised University. It is mandatory for each candidate to have qualified the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory/elective subjects from a recognised education board/University.||Rs. 10300-34800||Rs. 460|
- For Candidates who belong to SC/ST and other Backward Classes will be given 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Three years plus the number of years of service rendered in the Indian Defence Forces will be given relaxation for Ex-Servicemen which is in accordance with the Punjab Govt. instructions issued vide No.G-S-R-11/Const./Arts, 309, 234 & 318/82 dated 02.02.1982.
- Government Employees of Punjab Govt., Central Govt. or any other State Govt., the upper age limit is up to 33 years.
- In terms of Physical Measurement Test, Physical Screening Test and Medical Examination, there will be no relaxation for such candidates.
Punjab Police department is responsible for making available all the notifications pertaining to all the jobs under Punjab Police category. The other important state government posts recruitment notifications released in the state are Punjab Civil Service Combined Competitive Examination, Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PSTET), etc. Aspirants are advised to visit Drona to keep track of the latest notifications and updates.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- The Application Form shall only be available online on the website, www.punjabpolicerecruitment.in.
- A unique Registration ID and Password will be generated after filling the First Page of the registration form. After the unique Registration ID is generated, the candidate is supposed to fill the application form and deposit the fee using online payment gateway or payment of fee at the Bank.
- Any Master/Visa Credit/Debit Card or net banking can be used to pay the fee. Candidates can pay the fee through bank challan as well.
- Those candidates who are already employed with the government can also apply for the recruitment after getting the NOC from the Head of Department/Office concerned. However, if the NOC is not available at the time of filling up of the Application Form, then the candidate shall have to give a declaration to the effect that he/she shall produce the same in original at the time of-Interview.
- Application form needs to be filled up and submitted online. The form must be complete in all respects. Besides, a scanned copy of recent passport size photograph, signature and age relaxation certificate must also be uploaded by the candidate in the online Application.
- A single candidate is not allowed to submit multiple applications. They are liable to be rejected.
Recruitment is done in three stages and the candidates are required to pass all the three to qualify for the applied position. Following are the stages of the selection process:
This test is intended to screen the substance Abuse (Drug Addiction) in the candidate. It also includes Physical Screening Test (PST) and Physical Measurement Test).
A written test will be held to gauge the candidate’s’ knowledge and thinking ability pertaining to various domains. Good grip on Current affairs and general knowledge is necessary to crack these tests. The written test will be followed by an interview. The maximum marks for the test will be 100.
At last, an interview will be held that will qualify the candidate for the aspired position.
Physical Efficiency Test
For Male Candidates (except Ex-Servicemen)
- In a single chance, candidates are bound to perform 1600 Meters Race in 6 minutes and 30 seconds
- Candidates need to perform a Long Jump of 3.80 Meters in 3 chances
- Candidates need to perform a High Jump of 1.15 Meters in 3 chances
For Male Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)
- In a single chance, candidates need to perform a 1400 Metres Walk/Run in 9 minutes
- Candidates need to perform 10 Sit-ups in 2 minutes.
- Candidates of age upto and including 35 years
For Candidates of age more than 35 years
- In a single chance, candidates are bound to perform 1400 Metres Walk/Run in 12 minutes.
- Candidates need to perform 10 Sit-ups in 3 minutes
For Female Candidates (except Ex-Servicewomen)
- In a single chance, candidates need to perform 800 Meters Race in 4 minutes and 30 seconds only
- Candidates need to perform a Long Jump of 3.25 Metres in 3 chances
- Candidates need to perform a High Jump of 1 Metre in 3 chance
For Female Candidates (Ex-Servicewomen)
- In a single chance, candidates must perform 800 Metres run/walk in 8 minutes
Candidates who are able to qualify the Physical Standard Test shall be screened for height and only those candidates who are found having a requisite height will be considered for the written test.
Candidates who qualify the Physical trials (SAT, PST and PMT) will be shortlisted for the written test, which will be of 100 marks. The Examination will include Objective type questions and the candidates should mark their responses on the OMR sheet.
The examination will cover the following areas:
- General Knowledge/Awareness on current National and International issues including knowledge about India and Punjab in particular
- Mathematical ability
- Information Technology and its applications
- Numerical Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical ability
- General Mental ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
Candidates will be called for an interview on the basis of the merit in the written examination. There will be 15 marks for the interview.
Following are the links that will direct you to the syllabus:
- Click here
- Click here
- Click here
Preparation Strategy/Tips and Tricks
- Previous Papers
- Solved Papers