PSTET 2019 – 20: Punjab TET Notification 2019 Pdf download link is available here. Check PSTET 2019 important dates, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, subjects, application procedure, etc. here. Eligible individuals can fill and submit the application form on or before the end date.
Punjab TET Recruitment Notification 2019
Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has released Punjab TET Notification 2019 to conduct the Teacher Eligibility Test in Punjab to recruit the candidates for Teacher posts. Punjab TET Exam 2019 is going to be conducted on tentative dates at the prescribed exam centres. The Online Application process to be held in November 2019.
Job seekers who wish to get a Teacher Job in Punjab State can grab this chance and apply for Punjab TET Recruitment 2019 on or before the last date.
PSEB Punjab TET 2019 Notification – Brief Information
- Punjab TET Online Registration Link is Open – Link Updated Below
- Name of the Conducting Organization: Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)
- Exam Name: Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test (Punjab TET)
- Total Vacancies: Various
- Name of the Posts: Primary Teachers – Classes I To V and Secondary Teachers – Classes VI To VIII
- Punjab TET Notification release date: 1st November 2019 (tentative)
- Starting date to fill online application: 03.11.2019
- Closing Date to apply online: 03.12.2019 (extended)
- Online Correction in the Punjab TET Application Form: 04.12.2019
- Release of Punjab TET Admit Card 2019: 16.12.2019
- PSTET 2019 Exam Date: 22nd December 2019
- Job Category: Latest Government Jobs
- Mode Of Application: Online Mode
- Selection Process: Written Exam and Interview
- Job Location: Punjab
- Official website: http://www.pseb.ac.in/
- Also, get Punjab Govt Jobs here.
Punjab PSEB Teacher Eligibility Test 2019
The Punjab Department of School Education is responsible for conducting the PSTET or Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. PSTET is the minimum qualification required in Punjab for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Government teacher for Classes I to VIII. It is mandatory for teaching jobs. The Punjab TET is conducted both by the PSEB under the supervision of the State Council of Educational Research & Training, Punjab (SCERT).
The Punjab TET is conducted as 2 different papers for the aspirants wishing to join as teachers in Punjab Government Schools.
- Paper I: For the recruitment of teachers from Classes I to V
- Paper-II: For the recruitment of teachers from Classes VI to VIII
Eligible contenders apply for the PSTET through the official website of the Punjab School Education Board.
Punjab TET Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- For Primary Teachers (Classes I to V: Paper I)
- Applying individuals must have possessed Class 12th (or it is equivalent) or appearing in the final year of Diploma (2 years) in Elementary Education
- Applying individuals need to secure minimum 50% marks in class 12th (or its equivalent examination) and or appearing in the final year of Bachelor degree (4 years) in Elementary Education
- For Secondary Teachers (Classes VI To VIII: Paper-II)
- Applying individuals must have possessed graduation (or it is equivalent) or final year of Diploma (2 years) in elementary education.
- Applying individuals need to obtain minimum 55% marks in class 12th (or its equivalent examination) and or appearing in 1 year of Bachelor degree in B.Ed
Punjab TET Selection Process
The officials of Punjab School Education Board will conduct the following selection rounds to recruit the eligible and capable candidates.
- Written Exam
Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test 2019 Application Process
Contenders who satisfy the eligibility conditions can fill and submit the online application form before the end date. The application procedure of filling the online application form is given below for your convenience.
How to Apply for PSTET Recruitment 2019 Online?
To apply for the PSTET (Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test 2019), all the aspirants must and should have to follow the below-given steps.
- Open the official portal of the Punjab State Education Board (PSEB), i.e., http://www.pseb.ac.in
- On the PSEB home page, you can check the ‘Latest News’ section
- You will be redirected to the login page by clicking on it
- Read the PSTET 2019 notification carefully before applying
- Later, you have to click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Fill in the required details (Applicant’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Email ID, Contact Number, Date of Birth, Category, Subcategory, Gender, Nationality, Address, etc.)
- Later, scan and upload the required documents
- Pay application fee (if any)
- Next, you have to check your details
- Submit the details you entered.
- Now download the filled PSTET Application Form 2019
- Take a hard copy of the Punjab TET Application Form 2019
Aspirants have to pay the application/ examination fee through online payment mode only.
- General/ OBC
- Paper 1: 600/-
- Paper 2: 1200/-
- SC/ ST
- Paper 1: 300/-
- Paper 2: 600/-
- Paper 1: No
- Paper 2: No
- Revised Schedule Dates of PSTET
- Notification PDF 2019
- Online Application Form 2019
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
You May Also Like
- SBI Clerk 2020 Notification For 8000 Vacancies
- State Wise TET Exam Notifications
- Latest RRB Job Notifications
- Indian Army Recruitment
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I apply for Punjab TET in 2019?
Ans. You can refer to the ‘How to apply for PSTET Recruitment 2019 Online?’ section to know about the process.
- What is the qualification required for Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test?
Ans. You must have possessed a Class 12th/ Diploma/ B.Ed bachelor degree. For more details, refer to the ‘Punjab TET Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria’ section.
- When will the Punjab TET exam be held in 2020?
Ans. The Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test will be held in January/ February 2020.
- Can I apply for PSTET without BEd?
Ans. Yes, If you are a holder of 12th pass, then you can apply for PSTET 2019.
- Is the Punjab TET exam held every year?
Ans. You can follow the official website of the Punjab State Education Board (PSEB).
- Can graduates apply for Punjab TET?
Ans. Yes, Graduates can apply for Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2019.
- What is the age limit for the Punjab TET 2019?
Ans. The age limit to apply for Punjab TET is 18 to 35 years (approximately). You can refer to the official notification to get more information.
- Which book is best for the Punjab TET Exam 2019?
Ans. You can follow the below-given books to take the Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2019 – 2020.
- CTET Language I, English and Its Pedagogy- Pearson Publications
- Mathematics by R.S. Aggarwal – S. Chand
- Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal – S. Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal – S. Chand
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies – Wiley
- Is the PSTET Exam is compulsory to get a teacher job in Punjab state?
Ans. Yes, to get a teacher job in Punjab state, Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test is mandatory.
- Is B.Ed or Diploma is compulsory for Punjab TET exam?
Ans. No, it is not mandatory. You can refer to the ‘Punjab TET Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria’ section.
- Can I apply for Punjab TET after NTT?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for Punjab TET Recruitment 2019 after NTT (Nursery Teacher Training). The eligibility for Nursery Teacher Training is a 1-year diploma course is 12th with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. For more details, check the official Punjab TET Notification 2019.
- Can B Ed student apply for Punjab TET Paper 1 2019?
Ans. Yes, B Ed student apply for Punjab TET Paper 1 2019
- What is the meaning of Punjab State TET 2019?
Ans. PSTET is the minimum qualification required in Punjab for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Government teacher for Classes I to VIII.
- What is the closing date to fill the Punjab TET Application Form 2019?
Ans. You can refer to the official notification to know the last date to fill the Punjab TET Application Form 2019.
- Does Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test 2019 – 2020 have negative marking?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test 2019.
- Is the Punjab TET compulsory to get a teacher job in private schools?
Ans. As per the Punjab state government rules and regulations, Punjab TET 2019 is mandatory for all the school teachers to qualify in the Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test 2019.
- Can B.Ed 1st year students apply for Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2019?
Ans. No, being a B.Ed 1st-year student are not eligible to appear in the Punjab TET 2019 examination.
- How many times is the Punjab TET conducted in the year 2019?
Ans. The Punjab TET will be conducted only once a year.
- Are B.Tech/ Engineers eligible for Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2019?
Ans. Yes, B.Tech/ Engineers are eligible for the Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2019 – 2020.
- What is the validity of PSTET 2019 – 2020?
Ans. The Punjab State TET 2019 qualifying certificate will be valid for 5 Years only.
- What is the salary of the Punjab TET Teacher job?
Ans. You can refer to the official notification to know about the salary of the Punjab TET Teacher job.
- How can I prepare for Punjab TET 2020?
Ans. You can follow the preparation tips and previous papers mentioned in the above post.
- Is the Punjab TET exam tough?
Ans. PSTET (Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test) is the test that everyone needs to pass out if they want to be a government school teacher. However, the Punjab TET 2019 – 2020 is not very tough, but a good preparation schedule and planning can only help you to qualify it.
- What are the passing marks for the Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test?
Ans. Applied aspirants have to score a minimum of 60% marks in Punjab Teachers Eligibility Test 2019 to qualify in the examination. The SC /ST /OBC/ Differently Abled Category aspirants can have the advantage of 5% relaxation in marks.
- Can 12th pass students apply for the Punjab TET?
Ans. Yes, 12th pass students can apply for the Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test (PSTET 2019).