Nagaland Police is under the direct control of Government of Nagaland through Department of Home Affairs. Director General of Police (DGP) heads the Nagaland Police. The department consists of 8 organs and is listed below.
- District Executive Force (DEF)
- NAP (Nagaland Armed Police) Battalions
- Nagaland Police Tele-Communication Org. (NPTO)
- Police Training School (PTS)
- Nagaland Armed Police Training Center (NAPTC)
- Intelligence Branch
- Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL)
- Crime Branch (In the Police headquarters and in every district)
Based on the requirement and vacancies in the department, the department notifies various positions and recruit the deserving candidates from all the corners of the state. Manipur Police, Tripura Police, Sikkim Police, Mizoram Police, etc., are some of the other popular state police service exams in the country.
Some of the important positions that are frequently notified for recruitment are Sub-Inspector (SI), Assistant Sub-inspector (ASI), Constable etc.
The eligibility criteria for different posts such as age limit and Educational qualifications are summarized in the below table.
|S. No.||Name of the Post||Educational Qualification||Age Limit|
|1||Sub-Inspector||Must have passed in Class 6th / 10th / 12th/ Graduate in Arts/ Technical/ Science or its equivalent from recognized Board and University.||18-35 years|
|2||Assistant sub-inspector(ASI)||Education Class 6th/ Class 10th Passed/Class 12th/ Graduate in Arts/ Technical/ Science or its equivalent from recognized Board and University.||18-35 years|
|3||Constable||Candidate must have passed Class 6th/ Class 10th /Class 12th / Graduate in Arts/ Technical/ Science or its equivalent from recognized Board and University.||18-35 years|
Reservations and relaxations for the recruitment of the candidates will be as per the government rules.
- Current Notifications
- Upcoming Notifications
- Previous Notifications
How to apply for Nagaland Police Recruitment
- First candidates need to read the notification carefully and then the should start filling the application form online by visiting the official website
- Candidates must enter the error free details in the required fields before submission
- Candidates should upload the scanned copies of signature, photo, etc., as per the guidelines
- Online payment of requisite application fee should be made
- Finally, candidates should take a printout of filled application form for any future communication
The selection procedure consists of physical test and if the candidate qualifies the Physical test he/she needs to write an exam. Then candidates will be asked for the submission of certificates for verification and after that the candidates need to undergo a medical examination. Based on the overall merit, candidates are selected for the posts.