Nagaland is a mountainous state and is called as Switzerland of east. Nagaland population consists of mainly 14 tribes. Education is very important to understand the importance of their culture and their association with nature. Nagaland Public Service Commission conducts a common education service exam to recruit various teaching and research associated posts for the state-run government colleges and universities. The commission ensures the selection of high qualified and proficient candidates to various teaching posts. Similar Government jobs recruitment notification is given in Orissa state i.e., Orissa JL.
Various positions such as Assistant professors, Lecturers, Research associates, etc. are recruited through this exam. The important posts that are frequently notified are given below.
- Assistant Professor under Higher Education Department
- Research Associate (RA) under SCERT
- Lecturer under SCERT
- Lecturers under DIETS
- TRA under SCERT
- Technicians/Statisticians under DIETS
- Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) under School Education
The minimum age for all the posts will be 21 years, while the upper age limit is 30.
For Assistant Professor
- Master’s Degree from a recognized University with at least 55% marks
- Should have cleared of National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by SLET/UGC/ SET.
- However, candidates with Ph.D. are exempted from the requirement of qualifying NET/SLET/SET.
For Research Associate, Lecturers, TRA, Technicians/Statisticians under DIETS and Post Graduate Teachers (PGT), candidates must possess a minimum of 50% marks during their Master’s Degree in the relevant subject.
The candidates belonging to certain categories are given relaxation in minimum eligible qualification marks and reservation
Five percent of minimum qualifying marks are given relaxation for SC/ST and PwD Candidates.
- About 3% of the vacant posts are reserved for Physically challenged persons.
- Eighty percent of the vacant posts in the notification are reserved for the Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland, such as-
- a) Any Naga Tribe
- b) Kuki
- c) Garo
- d) Mikir
- e) Kachari
Among that 80% of posts, 25% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging to-
- a) Konyak
- b) Phom
- c) Sangtam
- d) Yimchunger
- e) Chang
- f) Khiamniungan
Further, 12% of the vacant posts are reserved for the candidates belonging to-
- a) Chakhesang
- b) Pochury
- c) Zeliang
- d) Sumis of Kiphire District
- Ten years in the upper age limit is relaxed for PwD candidates.
- Five years of upper age limit relaxation is given for SC/ST Candidates
- Maximum 5 years of relaxation is given to the candidates serving in a government job.
Nagaland Civil Service Exam, Nagaland Combined technical service exam, Nagaland Police, etc., are other government job notifications released in the state. Drona provides all the essential study material and complete guidance to qualify these competitive exams.
- Current notifications
- Upcoming notifications
- Previous notifications
How to apply
There will be two stages in the selection process and are listed below
- Written examination
- Interview/ Viva-voce
First candidates need to clear the written examination. Then the candidates need to appear, interview/viva voce. The candidates will be selected for the notified posts based on their performance in the written exam and interview.
Syllabus for Educational Services Exam – Click Here
Pattern For Educational Services Exam – Click Here
Anthropology Paper – Click Here
General English GK Paper – Click Here