For the efficient and smooth functioning of the state administration, efficient staff is necessary. For the recruitment of suitable candidates to the government posts, a public service had been set up in every state. The Nagaland Public Service Commission was formed in 1965 with one Chairman and two Members. However, this composition was revised in 1985 and added one more member. Currently, the commission consists of 1(one) Chairman and 4 (four) Members. Nagaland Public Service Commission conducts a combined exam for NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services for filling the vacancies of posts in different government departments. Haryana Civil Services,Gujarat Civil Services,WB Civil Service Executive Exam, etc., are popular state administrative service exams in the country.
Vacant positions in different state government departments of Nagaland are recruited by the commission. Below listed posts will be frequently notified by the commission.
- Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- District Transport Officer
- Excise Inspector
- Secretariat Assistant
- Junior Divisional Accountant
- Senior Inspector of Cooperative Societies
- Inspector of Supply
- Inspector of Labour
- Inspector of Industries / Extension Officer
- Economic Investigator
The candidates should posses a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university as the minimum educational qualification for every post listed in Nagaland civil service category. Minimum age of the candidates should be 21 and maximum should be 30 years.
The pay scale for different posts are listed below
|Post Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Excise Inspector||Rs. 9,300 – 34,800||Rs. 4,600|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||Rs. 15,600 – 39,100||Rs. 5,400|
|District Transport Officer||Rs. 9,300 – 34,800||Rs. 4,600|
|Extra Assistant Commissioner||Rs. 15,600 – 39,100||Rs. 5,400|
|Economic Investigator||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Junior Divisional Accountant||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Inspector of Industries / Extension Officer||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Inspector of Supply||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Inspector of Labour||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Senior Inspector of Cooperative Societies||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|Secretariat Assistant||Rs. 9,300 – 34,800||Rs. 4,200|
- Five years of relaxation is given for SC/ST Candidates in their upper age limit
- Maximum 5 years of relaxation is given to the candidates serving in a government department.
- About 3% of the vacant posts are reserved for Physically challenged persons.
- 80% of the vacant posts in the notification are reserved for the Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland, such as-
- Any Naga Tribe
Among that 80% of posts, 25% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging to –
Further, 12% of the vacant posts are reserved for the candidates belonging to
- Sumis of Kiphire District
Apart form this notification, other important government job notifications for this state are Nagaland Combined Technical Examination, Nagaland Educational Services Exam, Nagaland Police, etc. Drona provides expertised guidance to the aspirants of these jobs.
- Current Notifications
- Upcoming Notifications
- Previous Notifications
There will be three stages in the selection process and are listed below
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Interview/ Viva-voce
First candidates need to clear examination which will be qualifying in nature. Then the candidates need to clear the main examination after which the candidates will become eligible for the final process in the selection, i.e., interview. The candidates are selected for the posts based on their performance in the written exam and interview.
This section consists of multiple choice questions and the question will be asked from the below-listed topics
- General Science
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability Test
- Current Affairs
This section consists of three papers of which Paper 1 and paper 3 are descriptive, while paper 2 will be of objective type. Each paper will be carrying 200 marks and three hours of time is allotted to each paper.
- a) General Essay
- b) Comprehension
- c) Grammar
- a) Modern history of India and Indian culture
- b) Current events of national and international importance
- c) Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams
- d) Basic and everyday science
- e) Nagaland in all aspects
- a) Indian polity and Public Administration
- b) Nagaland-geography, society, culture, and heritage
- c) Sensitive issues including environmental problems and Social problems
- d) Indian economy and geography
- e) Administration in Nagaland
The Interview is mainly intended to assess the personality and overall intelligence of the candidate. Interview board carefully analyses the attitude of the candidate and his overall capability to justify the position.
Syllabus for Civil Services Examination – Click Here
Nagaland Judicial Services
- Nagaland Judicial Grade I Main Exam Paper II
- Nagaland Judicial Grade I Main Exam Paper-I
- Nagaland Judicial Grade II Main Exam Paper I
- Nagaland Judicial Grade III Main Exam Paper I
- Nagaland Judicial Grade III Main Exam Paper II
- Nagaland Judicial Grade III Main Exam Paper III
- Nagaland Judicial Grade III Main Exam Paper IV