Two districts of Assam were separated and formed into a new state Meghalaya having semi autonomous status in April 1970. The State was then declared as a full-fledged State in January 1972. The State is blessed with dense forests and rivers which makes the region one of the most beautiful States in the North-eastern region of India. The total forest area in the state is 1,027.20 sq. Km and is controlled by the State Forest Department. The department recruits human resource for multiple tasks that are being carried out for conservation and maintenance of the forests. The other important government job notifications are Meghalaya Police, Meghalaya PSC All Posts, Meghalaya PSC Civil Services, etc. Drona provides all the required information for the preparation of forest service exam.
|S.No||Position||Educational Qualification||Age||Pay Band|
|1||Assistant Conservator of Forest under Forests & Environment Department||The candidate MUST possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science or Engineering of any recognised University.||20 to 27 years||17,000-470-20290-EB-560-25330-760-33690/-|
|2||Forest Rangers under the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests & Head Forest Force, Meghalaya||The candidate MUST possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science or Engineering of any recognised University.||18-27||14100-350-16550-EB-460-20690-620-27510/-|
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will have a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- For Ex-Servicemen, the maximum age limit shall be 37 years irrespective of their caste.
- A candidate must be a permanent resident of Meghalaya.
Candidates belonging to the category of Schedule Tribes will have the following height standards. Male Candidate MUST have 152 Cm height and Female Candidate MUST have 145 Cms
State of Domicile
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
Application procedure will be notified in the official notification.
For Range Forest Officer
The selection of right candidates will be done in three consecutive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode and so on.
- STEP 1 – Written Examination
- STEP 2 – Viva Voce
- STEP 3 – Walking Test
The first stage of the selection procedure in Meghalaya Forest Department is Written Examination. There are 2 papers (Prelims and Mains) in this section. A thorough understanding of the General Knowledge, Current affairs and other relevant subjects is must for this exam.
Interview/ Viva Voce
Candidates qualified in written exam have to attend the Interview.
Physical/ Medical Test
Walking test will be conducted to test the physical fitness.
|Compulsory Subject||General Knowledge||100 Marks|
|Optional subjects||Any two subjects prescribed in the Entrance Test and Training Rules 2004, for Range Forest Officers.||200 marks (each)|
List of Optional Subjects
- Computer Applications / Computer Science
- Engineering (Agriculture / Chemical / Civil / Computer / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
- Environmental Sciences
- Veterinary Science
No candidate will be allowed to take more than one subject from a group given below.
- Group 1: Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science.
- Group 2: Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Group 3: Computer Applications / Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Group 4: Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering
- Group 5: Mathematics and Statistics
Maximum marks for the Personal Interview/ Viva-voce are 75.
Candidates are also required to pass a physical test which includes a 25 kms walk (for males) to be completed in 4 hours and 16 kms (for females) to be completed in 4 hours. The successful candidates need to undergo a medical examination conducted by the District Medical & Health Officer, Shillong.
Syllabus for Meghalaya Asst Conservator of Forest – Click Here