The important role of the Manipur Forest Department is to conserve the forests and the natural resources of the forests in the state. The forest department also aims to create awareness on the sustainable utilization of forest resources by the people living in the state. This department is headed by ‘The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests.’ Other important forest state forest service notifications are Meghalaya forest, Haryana Forest, HP Forest, Orissa Forest, etc. All important updates on vacancies, results, exam dates, recruitment, etc. are are updated on our website ‘Drona’.
The important positions in the department that are usually given recruitment notifications are listed below along with the educational qualifications and pay scale.
|Post Name||Age Limit (in years)||Educational Qualification||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Deputy Ranger||21 – 38||Any Graduate||Rs. 9300-34800||Rs. 4800|
|Forester||21 – 38||Matriculate with science in 12th or B.sc degree in forest||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs. 2400|
|Forest Guard||21 – 38||Matriculate or HSLC Pass||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs. 1800|
- For male candidates the required minimum height is 163 cm and the chest measurement should be 84 cm. The chest expansion should measure up to 5 cm on inspiration. For ST male candidates, the minimum height should be 152 cm.
- For a female candidate, the height measurement should come up to 150 cm and the chest should measure up to 79 cm. The chest expansion should be 5cm. For a tribal female candidate, the norms are relaxed and the minimum height should is only 145 cm.
SC/ST and OBC candidates will be given age relaxation of 5 years and 3 years respectively. For SC/ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 250/-.
The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Other important state government job notifications are Manipur CSE, Manipur Police,
Manipur TET etc. All the information regarding the exams regarding the exams are updated here. Aspirants can also visit ‘Drona’ for all regular notifications updates.
- Log on to the official website, i.e., www.manipurforest.gov.in.
- Click on the recruitment notification and download application form.
- Fill all the details and enclose all the required documents along with photo and send to the prescribed address.
The selection process is a four-staged process. The examination process is the same for the all the posts in Manipur Forest Department.
It is the first stage of the selection process. It involves two written tests to check the subject knowledge of the candidates. Those who clear this, will proceed for the next step.
This is done to check the prescribed physical standards and the physical fitness of the candidate.
A walking test is done to check the physical efficiency of the candidate. A good physical fitness is a must for this job.
To test the candidate’s personality, presence of mind and knowledge.
There are two papers conducted for 200 marks each. Each exam lasts for 2 hours of duration.
- General Knowledge
- English (Class 10th level)
- Mathematics (Class 10th level)
Paper II- (Optional subject)
Candidates can choose any ‘one’ subject from the following list
- Computer Application/ Science
- Environmental Science
- Engineering from the given streams –
- Veterinary Science
The required syllabus of Manipur Forest Department examinations is provided here. Candidates can download the syllabus from the links given below.
Following links would redirect you to the written examination Syllabus
Syllabus for Manipur Deputy Forest Ranger – Click Here