Under the provisions given in Article 320 of the Constitution of India, Manipur Public Service Commission conducts exams to recruit the civil servants in various departments of the state. A Combined Competitive Examination is held for recruiting the candidates into Manipur Civil Services. The updated information regarding notifications such as recruitment, vacancies, exam dates, application availability, results, etc. can be accessed on our website ‘Drona’ at any time.
The important positions that are usually notified by the commission, along with their pay scale are given in the below table.
|Post Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Manipur Civil Service-Grade-II||Rs. 9,300- 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|Manipur Police Service-Grade-II||Rs. 9,300- 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|Sub Deputy Collector||Rs. 9300 – 34,800||Rs. 4,400|
|Manipur Secretariat Service/Section Officer||Rs. 9,300- 34,800||Rs. 4,400|
|Election Officer||Rs. 9,300- 34,800||Rs. 4,400|
- Candidates must posses Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Candidates must be able to speak Manipuri or any other Manipuri tribal language.
- Age limit: 21 to 35 years.
- The male candidate should have a height of 163 cms with a chest girth of 84 cms in normal state and 84+5 cms in expanded state.
- The female candidate should have a minimum height of 150 cms with a chest girth of 79 cms in normal state and 5 cms in expanded state.
- The following categories are given relaxations on these norms – Scheduled Tribes and races such as Garhwalis, Assamese, Bhutanese, Gorkhas, Kumoanis, Mizo, Ladakhese, Nepalese, Naga, Sikkimese and Manipuris and those from Arunachal Pradesh, Lahaul and Spiti and Meghalaya. For these categories the male candidates should have 152 cms of height and female candidate should have 145cms of height.
- Walking efficiency: A male candidate should be able to walk for 25 kms in 4 hours and a female candidate should be able to walk for 16 kms in 4 hours on foot.
- The Upper age limit relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years.
- The Upper age limit for OBS is relaxed by 3 years.
- The Upper age limit relaxation is 10 years for candidates with physical disabilities.
NationalityCandidates must be a citizen of India.
The recruitment’s notifications are updated on the Manipur government website. Manipur’s State Public Service Commission is responsible for all the notifications pertaining to all jobs that fall under civil service category. The updated information regarding the notification can be accessed on the ‘Drona’ website, where in other relevant details regarding the exams are also available.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- Log on to the official site www.empsconline.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Signup’ button provided on the top right corner of the web page.
- Feed in all the details as asked.
- You will get a verification link on the id and click on it to assure verification is done.
- Upload scanned photograph, signature and other documents that have been asked for.
- Click on ‘submit’ to generate an ID and password for future use.
It has 3 successive stages, which are as follows:
This is the first stage of the exam. It has questions asked from General Studies. The overall awareness is tested in this exam.
The main exam is the detailed exam with two compulsory sections and optional section. The questions will be of descriptive type.
The interview is taken to test the overall aptitude, decision making skills, logical reasoning and the general awareness of the candidate.
It is a written exam of 300 marks to be completed in a time duration of 3 hours. The questions will be asked from the following subjects:
- General Science
- Current events of National and International importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World geography
- Indian Polity
- General Mental Ability
It comprises of two sections:
There are three papers of 300 marks each and each paper has a time duration of 3 hours.
- Paper 1 – General English
- Paper 2- Essay
- paper 3- General Studies
The following subjects are asked:
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Current National issues and topics of social relevance
- India and the World
- Indian Economy
- International Affairs & Institutions
- Developments in the field of science & technology, communications and space
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
There are 5 papers in this section, each is of 300 marks and 3 hours duration. All the Papers in this section are optional subjects chosen by the candidates, from the list given below.
List of optional subjects
- Animal Husbandry
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accounting
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science