Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a Constitutional Body and is responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the state Government (GoM) by recruiting suitable candidates in various Government posts. In order to recruit the officers in the Maharashtra Civil Service (Executive Branch), MPSC conducts the Maharashtra Government Jobs 2019 Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination. Other important PSC notification are APPSC, TSPSC, KSPSC, TNPSC, etc.
|Class-I||S.No||Posts||Age||Educational Qualification||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|1||Deputy Collector||19-33||Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|2||Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP)||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|3||Assistant Commissioner Sales Tax||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|4||Deputy Registrar Co-operative Societies||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|5||Deputy Chief Executive Officer||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|6||Superintendent State Excise Dptt. Block||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|7||Development Officer (BDO||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|8||Finance, Audit & Accounts Service||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|9||Chief Officer, Nagar Palika / Nagar Parishad||15,600-39,100||5,400|
|Class-II||1||Block Development Officer (BDO)||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|2||Chief Officer, Nagar-Palika / Nagar Parishad||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|3||Mantralaya Section Officer||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|4||Sub-registrar Cooperative Societies||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|5||Taluka Inspector of Land Records(TILR)||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|6||Deputy Superintendent State Excise Department||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|7||Finance, Audit & Accounts Service||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|8||Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO)||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
|9||Nayab Tahasildar||9,300 – 34,800||4,400|
State of Domicile
The candidate must be an Indian citizen
Candidates who belong to the SC/ST/OBC will be given the age relaxations and reservations as per rules and regulations of the State Government.
MPSC is responsible for all notifications pertaining to state services. The aspirants should keep visiting ‘Drona’ to stay updated. Other important recruitment notifications released by the state government are Maharastra TET and Maharashtra Police.
- Visit www.mpsc.gov.in and navigate to the link mentioning “State Service Preliminary Examination Advertisement” which is given in the section RECENT NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS and should go through the notification.
- Candidates are advised to fill the online Application Form carefully.
- Scanned copies of passport size photographs, as per the guidelines must be uploaded.
- After the payment of requisite fee, the application should be submitted
- Candidates need to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
The selection of the eligible candidates will be done in 3 successive steps. Candidates need to pass all the three stages to qualify for the civil services. The three stages of the induction are as follows:
The Preliminary Examination is conducted to screen the candidates who can then be shortlisted for the next level, i.e. the Main Exam. This exam requires one to have profound knowledge of the general knowledge and current affairs.
Candidates qualified in the preliminary exam are required to attend the mains examination.
Stage 3 (Interview)
After successfully qualifying the Prelims and Main exams, the candidates are then shortlisted for the interview which is the last stage of the selection procedure.
It consists of 2 papers which contain multiple choice questions. Each Paper carries 200 Marks and time duration for each paper will be 2 hours.
- Current affairs of state, national and international importance
- History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement
- Maharashtra, India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World
- Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability Decision – making and problem – solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (Class X level)
- Marathi and English Language Comprehension skills (Class X/XII level)
There will be a total 6 Papers, out of which first 4 papers are of objective type carrying 150 marks each and rest 2 papers are of descriptive type carrying 100 marks each.
The questions are asked from the following categories:
- Paper I – History & Geography
- Paper II – Indian constitution & Law, Politics
- Paper III – Human Resource Development and Human Rights
- Paper IV – Economics and Science & Technology
- Paper V – Marathi
- Paper VI – English
Interview carries a maximum of 250 marks. The interview board members will test the attitude and personality of the candidates and assess their suitability for the post.
Following are the links that would redirect you to the Prelims Syllabus
Syllabus for Maharashtra State Services Preliminary Examination – Click Here
Following are the links that would redirect you to the Mains Syllabus
Maharashtra State Services English Main Examination – Click Here
Maharashtra State Services GS Main Examination Paper I – Click Here
Maharashtra State Services Marathi Main Examination – Click Here