The police system of Kerala is one of the oldest and the system has been prevalent even in 200 AD during Sanghom Period. At present, most of the senior officers of the force belong to the Indian Police Service (IPS). The main responsibilities of the State Police Department are provision and maintenance of law and order. The Police Headquarters, located at Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), is the main controlling office of the force. The department issues notifications pertaining to the requirement of human resource in all the branches across the State. Other popular state government police service notifications are Gujarat police, Rajasthan police, Tamil Nadu police, Orissa police, etc. The employment notifications are advertised from time to time and candidates are advised to stay connected with Drona for most updated information.
|S. No.||Post Name||Age Limit (in Years)||Educational Qualification||Pay Scale|
|1||Police Constables||18 – 28||Must have passed S.S.L.C or its equivalent||Rs. 10,480 – 18,300|
|2||Sub Inspector of Police||18 – 28||Must have Bachelor’s degree||Rs. 16,980-31,360|
|General Category||ST Category|
|168 cm (Male) 158 cm (Female)||160 cm (Male) 150 cm (Female)|
|81 cm without expansion and 86 with expansion||5 cm relaxation|
Age relaxations are applicable for reserved categories as per the rules of the Kerala Government.
Kerala Police department is responsible for making available all the notifications pertaining to all the jobs under Kerala Police category. Aspirants are advised to visit Drona to keep track on the updates related to notifications. Other important notifications released by the State government Kerala Forest, Kerala LDC, Kerala TET, etc.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- Candidates need to visit Kerala police official website and should navigate to notification link.
- The candidates will have to fill the online application form with all the details carefully.
- Scanned copies of recent passport size photos and signature needs to be uploaded
- The candidates will have to click on the submit button and should take a printout of the form.
Recruitment is done in three stages and the candidates are required to pass all the stages in order to qualify for the applied position. Following are the stages of the selection process:
- Written test
- Physical measurement test
- Physical efficiency test
- Written examination
- Document Verification
Candidates will have to appear for a written examination to be conducted by Kerala Police Department. It is an objective type question paper. It has 3 sections:
- General Knowledge
- General English
- Simple Arithmetic & Mental Ability
Physical Efficiency Test
The following event will be conducted to the candidates to test their physical fitness that is required for the job.
- 100 Meters run
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Putting the shot of 7264 Grams
- Throwing the Cricket Ball
- Rope Climbing (Only Hands)
- Pull Ups or Chinning
- 1500 Meters run
Physical Efficiency Test:
- 100 Meter Run in 17 Seconds.
- Height Jump: 1.06 Metres.
- Long Jump: 3.05 Metres.
- Putting the Shot (4 Kg): 4.88 Metres.
- 200 Metres Run: 36 Seconds.
- Throwing the Throw Ball: 14 Metres.
- Shuttle Race: 26 Seconds.
- Skipping: 80 times.
Brief syllabus for the written examination is given below.
- Scientific developments
- Non-renewable energy sources
- Environment problems
- Scientific facts
- Sports – current affairs related to these fields
- Mineral sources
- Rivers and river projects
- Geography of India
- Sree Narayana Guru
- Kerala renaissance and leaders like Ayyankali
- Economical and industrial achievements
- Historical and Geographical importance
- Basic facts about Kerala
- Adverbs and position of adverbs
- Articles – definite and indefinite
- Uses of primary and model auxiliaries
- Tag questions
- Infinitive and genders
- Tenses in conditional sentences
- The use of correlatives
- Direct and indirect speech
- Active and passive voice
- Correction of sentences
Simple Arithmetic & Mental Ability
- Profit and loss
- Clerical ability
- Family relations
- Time and work
- Time and angles
- The Odd man out
- Calendar and date
- Time and distance
- Laws of exponents
- Ratio and proportion
- Coding and decoding
- Numbers and basic operations
- Fraction and decimal numbers
- Simple and compound interest
- Problems on Mathematical signs
- Analogy – word, alphabet, number
- Time in a clock and its reflection
Preparation Strategy/Tips and Tricks
Kerala PSC Women Police Constable Exam Paper – Click Here
Kerala Female Police Constable Solved Paper – Click Here