Kerala Forest is one of the oldest administrative departments of Kerala state with its headquarters located in Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The department is responsible for General Administration including Recruitment and Establishment related matters, Biodiversity Conservation, Forest Protection, Wildlife Management and Research, etc. In addition to that, the department also takes responsibility for the Forest Development, Social Forestry, Forest Vigilance and Evaluation, Eco-development and Tribal Welfare, Planning and Research etc. Other important state forest recruitment notifications issued by other states are Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Assam, Meghalaya, Tamil Nadu, etc. Useful information to crack these exams can found on this Drona website.
Kerala Forest Dept Positions
|S.No||Post Name||Age Limit (in years)||Educational Qualification||Pay Scale|
|1||Conservation Biologist (CB)||19 – 32||Post Graduation degree in Biological Sciences or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Social Work or Sociology or Developmental studies||Rs. 25,000|
|2||Sociologist||19 – 32||Post Graduation degree in Biological Sciences or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Social Work or Sociology or Developmental studies||Rs. 25,000|
|3||Forest Guard||19 – 39||Must have passed SSLC Examination or its equivalent ||Rs. 10,480 – 18,300|
|4||Range Forest Officer||19 – 28||Graduation in Science or Engineering||Rs. 20,740 – 36,140|
|5||Ecologist||19 – 32||Master’s degree in Wildlife Sciences or Environmental Sciences or Forestry|
|6||Ecotourism Officer||19 – 32||Masters in Tourism Administration||Rs. 25,000|
|7||Beat Forest Officer||19 – 30||Must be 12th pass or its Equivalent||Rs. 10,480 – 18,300|
For Male Candidates
- Height – 168 cms
- Chest Normal – 81 cms
- Chest expansion – 5 cms
For Female Candidates
For Forests Range Officers
- Both the male and female candidates must possess the Medical Standards as prescribed below.
- Ear: Hearing should be perfect
- Eye: Must be certified to possess visual standards specified below without glasses
- (a) Distant vision 6/6 Snellen
- (b) Near vision 0.5 Snellen
- (c) Colour vision – Normal
- (d) Night Blindness – Nil
- Muscles and Joints – No paralysis and all joints with free movements
- Nervous system – Perfectly normal and should be free from any infectious diseases
- (i) The upper age limit prescribed shall be raised by five years in the case of candidates belonging to any of the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and by three years in the case of candidates belonging to any of the Other Backward Classes.
- (ii) For retrenched employees the maximum period of relaxation will be five years.
- (iii) The maximum age limit prescribed for Defence Forces, Ex-GREF Personnel, Reservists, Retired Defence Service Personnel, Disembodied Territorial Army Personnel, N.C.C. Cadet Instructors etc., will be as per the rules and regulation of the state government.
All Notifications related to the Kerala Forest Department examinations are displayed on the official website of the Kerala Forest department i.e. ‘http://www.forest.kerala.gov.in/’. Aspirants are advised to visit ‘Drona’ for regular notification updates. The other important notifications given by this Kerala government are Kerala Police, etc.
- Current Notifications
- Upcoming Notifications
- Previous Notifications
- Candidates must register their details through ‘One Time Registration’ link in the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in.
- The uploaded photo will be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading and the uploaded photographs must be as per the instructions given.
- Registered candidates have to log in to the website by using their User ID and password.
- No application fee is required.
- Before the final submission of the application, candidates must ensure correctness of the information.
- Candidates can take a printout of the application for future reference and should quote the User-ID for further communications with the commission.
For Range Forest Officer
The first stage of the induction comprises screening test. The candidates need to qualify the below mentioned test to get selected for the job.
- Physical Measurement
- Walking Test
- Descriptive Test
Candidates need to appear for a written examination conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission on the following subjects.
- Core Subjects
- (1) General Knowledge 100 marks
- (2) English (Essay and Precis writing etc) 100 marks
- Optional Subjects 200 marks each
- (3) Any two subjects out of the following Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Application/Computer Science, Engineering (Agricultural/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical) Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science, Zoology. (The standard of these subjects shall be of Bachelor’s Degree).
Note: No candidate shall be allowed to take more than one subject of the following groups
- (i) Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science
- (ii) Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- (iii) Computer Application/Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- (iv) Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering
- (v) Mathematics and Statistics
Note: Optional subjects selected for examination should be specifically noted on the application, if not, the application will be summarily rejected.
Male candidates must pass a walking test covering a distance of 25 (twenty-five) kilometres within four hours on foot and women candidates must cover 16 (sixteen) km on foot within 4 hours. This test will be arranged by the Kerala Public Service Commission.
Those candidates who are qualified in the written examination will be required to attend an interview at the time and place fixed by the Commission.
Physical Efficiency Test
A health certificate should also be produced and the events that are to be qualified by the candidates are given below.
For Male Candidates
- 100 meters run - 14 seconds
- High Jump - 132.2.cm
- Long Jump - 457.2 cm
- Putting the shot of 7264 grams - 609.6 cm
- Throwing the cricket ball - 6096 cm
- Rope climbing (only with hands) - 365.80 cm
- Pull-ups or chin - 8 times
- 1500 meters run - 5 minutes & 44 seconds
For Female Candidates
- 100 meters run - 17 Seconds
- High Jump - 106 cm
- Long Jump - 305 cm
- Putting the shot of 4000 grams - 400 cm
- 200 meters run - 36 seconds
- Throwing the throw ball - 1400 cm
- Shuttle race (2500 cm x 400 cm) - 26 seconds
- Pull ups or chinning - 8 times
- Skipping (One minute - 80 times
- Differently Abled candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
- The selected candidates will be sent by the Department before a Medical Board to issue a health certificate and to certify that the candidate is fit to take strenuous, outdoor work in the Forest Department for onward transmission to the Director, Forestry Education, Government of India, Dehradun
The entire syllabus related to the Kerala Forest Department examinations are provided here. Candidates can download the syllabus from the links given below.
Written Examination Click here
Preparation and Strategies
- Kerala Forest Beat Officer Paper – Click Here
- Kerala Forest Range Officer English Paper – Click Here
- Kerala Forest Range Officer GK Paper – Click Here
- Kerala Kerala PSC Forest Guard Exam Solved Paper – Click Here