Karnataka Postal Circle PSA Syllabus 2019
Are you searching for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Syllabus? If yes, sit back and feel free because you are on the correct page. Here we have provided complete details of syllabus of written for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants from Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs). So, the applied contenders of Karnataka Postal Assistants Recruitment 2019 can easily get an idea about exam syllabus by referring this entire page.
Karnataka Postal PSA Exam Syllabus 2019 Details
- Name of the Recruitment: Karnataka Postal Circle
- Total No. of Posts: Various
- Name of the Post: Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants
- Starting date of the Application Process: 07th June 2019
- Last date for Submission of Application: 28th July 2019
- Exam Date: 14th July 2019
- Category: Syllabus
- Selection Process: Written Examination
- Application Mode: ONLINE
- Apply for more Latest Central Govt Jobs
- Official Website: https://karnatakapost.gov.in/
Selection Process for Sorting/Postal Assistant Posts 2019
Usually, the team of Karnataka Postal Circle is going to be hired the applied candidates by the written examination. The written exam will be conducted in three papers i.e., Paper I, Paper II & Paper III. The paper will be done continuously in paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 3 will be conducted separately on the same day. Only those candidates qualify in paper 1, paper 2 and paper 3 shall be considered for final selection and their merit list shall be drawn in order of marks secured in paper 1. Look at more Karnataka Govt Jobs 2019.
Karnataka Postal PSA Exam Pattern 2019
The written examination consists of paper 1, paper 2 and paper 3.
- Paper I will be the competitive type.
- Paper II and Paper III will be qualifying type.
- The type of questions in the form of multiple choice questions and subjective.
- For Paper I carries maximum marks is 100 in 2 parts.
- For Paper II carries 30 marks.
- For Paper III carries 25 marks.
- Duration of a time period for paper 1 is 120 minutes.
- Duration of a time period for paper 2 is 45 minutes.
- Duration of a time period for paper 3 is 15 minutes.
- The question paper will be in Hindi and English as well as in the local language.
Karnataka Postal Circle PSA Syllabus 2019
Syllabus for postal assistant /sorting assistant limited departmental competitive examination is given below.
Paper I – Part A
- Post Office Guide Part I (except telegraphic money order)
- Post Office Guide Part III (except British and Irish postal order)
- Basic terminologies related to IT Modernisation project of the department of posts
- Products and services Mails, Banking & Remittances, Insurance, Stamps and Business
- Postal Manual Volume VI – part 1
- Postal Manual Volume VI – part III
- Updates SB orders issued by Directorate
- Postal Manual Volume VII
- Foreign Post Manual
- Indian Geography
- General Knowledge
- Indian Culture & Freedom Struggle
- Basic Arithmetic
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Unitary Method
Reasoning and Analytical Ability (Non-Verbal/Pictorial)
- Number series
- Blood relations
- Puzzle test
- Machine input
- Decision making
- Sitting arrangement
- Sequential output tracing
- Direction sense test
- Logical Venn diagram
- Alphabet test
- Alpha-numerical sequence puzzle
- Mathematical operations
- Numbers, ranking & time sequence test
- Logical sequence test
- Arithmetical operations
- Inserting the missing characters
- Data Sufficiency
- Eligibility test
- Assertion and reason
- Situation reaction test
- Verification of truth of the statement
- Translation from English to local language multiple choice questions.
- Translation from local language to English Multiple Choice questions.
- Letter writing in local language
- Paragraph /Short essay in the local language of 80 to 100 words.
- Data Entry Skill Test
- Skill test of data entry for 15 minutes on a computer on the same day.
Cut off Marks for Karnataka Postal Circle Recruitment 2019
The minimum qualifying marks subject to reservation policy of the government. Cut off marks is mentioned based on category wise. The list is as follows
- For SC/ST – 33% in each paper
- For OBC – 37 % in each paper
- For Others – 40 % in each paper
You May Also Like