Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) conducts Combined Civil Services Examination for recruiting suitable candidates into State government posts. The selected candidates will be inducted into Jharkhand Administrative Services, Jharkhand Police Services, Jharkhand Education Services, Jharkhand Finance Services and other state services. The Commission is responsible for releasing recruitment notifications, exam dates, syllabus and results. Similar recruitment notifications released by other states are Gujarat Civil Services, Haryana Civil Services, WB Civil Service Executive Exam, Nagaland Civil Service Exam, etc.
|1||Jharkhand Administrative Services||Graduation or Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|2||Jharkhand Finance Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|3||Jharkhand Educational Services class II||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|4||Jharkhand Cooperative Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|5||Jharkhand Social Security Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|6||Jharkhand Information Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|7||Jharkhand Police Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
|8||Jharkhand Planning Services||35 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800|
Age relaxation is applicable as per the government rules. Five years of age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates and three years for EBC/BC applicants.
- Log on to the official website ‘http://www.jpsc.gov.in/’
- Click on the online application.
- Enter academic and personal details.
- Upload your scanned signature and photograph.
- Make the fee payments.
- Submit the online application.
- Take the printout of application form for future references.
Jharkhand Public Service Commission conducts recruitment process in three successive stages. Drona provides complete guidance for the aspirants to clear this exam.
- Preliminary Examination – Objective type
- Main Examination – Written Examination.
JPSC Preliminary Examination – Objective Type
|Paper – I||General Studies||200||Two Hours|
|Paper – II||Aptitude||200||Two Hours|
For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be negated from your score.
JPSC Mains Examination – Descriptive
|Paper -I||General Hindi & English||100||3 Hours|
|Paper -II||Language & Literature||150||3 Hours|
|Paper -III||Social Sciences||200||3 Hours|
|Paper -IV||Indian Polity & Governance||200||3 Hours|
|Paper -V||Indian Economy||200||3 Hours|
|Paper -VI||General Science||200||3 Hours|
The last stage of recruitment carries 200 marks. Qualified candidates of mains examination will be called for interview, based on the overall performance the commission declares the final result.
Syllabus For Jharkhand Combined Civil Services Examination
Syllabus for Jharkhand Assistant Engineer Examination
- General Studies I
- Indian History and Indian National Movement
- Geography – India and World
- India -Polity and Economy
- Jharkhand – History, Geography, Economy, and Culture
- General Studies II
- General Science
- General Mental Ability
- Current Events of State, National and International Importance
The questions are asked from following categories-
Paper I – General Hindi
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Detection
- Translation of Sentences
- Plural Forms
Paper II – General Studies I
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- Current events of National and International Importance
- Statistical Analysis, graphs and Venn diagrams
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy and Geography of India
- The Role of Impact of Science and technology in the development of India
Paper III – General Studies II
- Environmental Studies
- Academic books of Hindi (Class 6th to Class 10th level)
- Mental Ability Reasoning – Vijeta Competitions
- General Studies & General Knowledge – GBK Publications
- For GK read all the Jharkhand academic books from 6th Class to 10th Class
- Indian Economy by – Ramesh Singh
- India’s Struggle for Independence – by Bipin Chandra
- Indian Society – S P Dhubey
- Indian history and culture by – BSL Hanumantha Rao