|Name of the Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Total Number of Posts||Various|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Type||Bank Job|
|Work Location||Pan India|
|Selection Process||Written test and interview|
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
A Clerk acts as a single window operator and the point of contact to the customer. They have to resolve all the queries for the customers over the phone or through mails. It also includes responsibilities of data entry work and solving various loan processes too. A bank clerk also performs back-office works. Here is the complete list of IBPS Clerk Job Profile.
IBPS Clerk Roles & Responsibilities
- Check out the below which are representing the mandatory responsibilities of the clerk position.
- Verifying the documents and proofs submitted by the customers for applying for various loans.
- Demand Drafts (DDs), providing information about bank account opening for the customers, cash receipts, Passbook,etc.
- Answering the various issues of the customers related to banking.
- Providing guidance to customers relating to various banking activities.
- Passbook updation and entering the details of if any correction i.e, name change or address change etc.
- Managing the cash deposits and withdrawals and Single Window Operations. Answering the calls.
- Attending treasury works
- Miscellaneous tasks
- Maintaining the documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
What is the Work Profile of an IBPS Bank Clerk?
A Bank clerk will be either assigned to a branch office or Regional/Zonal/Head office as per the requirements. Find out various jobs duties performed by a bank clerk in a branch.
- Responsible for handling cash and loans. Employees are also responsible for the cash balance in the branch.
- Handling the accountant and providing the required information to the higher authority when required.
- Helping and guiding the customer with their transactions in the bank.
- Single Window Operator (SWO) is usually assigned a counter. Who helps customers by resolving their requests like balance enquiry, statement updating.
- Assisting them with opening of new accounts, opening fixed deposits, modifying account information and many more.
- Preparing the monthly balance sheets of checking account customers.
- Crediting pensions to government pensioners
- Prepare and record all deposits and payments into the bank’s computer systems.
With all above provided information candidates look for the available details of job duties for the IBPS Clerk. Prepare themselves for the examination with all their factors.