The Himachal Pradesh Forest department recruits candidates in different departments for the proper functioning and maintenance of the forests. Some posts are Forest guard and Multi Purpose Workers. Currently, there are more than 450 vacancies under Himachal Pradesh Forest Departments. Other important State government job notifications released in the state are HP Administrative Combined Competitive Examination, HP Police, HP Teacher Eligibility Test, etc.
|S. No.||Posts||Age limit||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|1.||Forest Guard||18 – 30 years||Must pass HSC or equivalent||Rs. 5,910 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,000|
|2.||Multi Purpose Worker||18 – 45 years||Must pass class 8th||Rs. 6,200||–|
The upper age relaxations can be given as –
- 5 years of relaxations for SC candidates.
- 5 years of relaxations for ST candidates.
- 5 years of relaxations for PH candidates.
- For Male candidates
- Height – Not less than 165 cms
- Chest (normal) -79 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 79+5 cms
- For Female candidates
- Height – Not less than 150 cm
- Chest (normal) – 74 cms
Aspirants are advised to stay connected to Drona for regular updates on the notifications related to the Himachal Pradesh Forest Department examinations. Other important state forest service notifications in the country are Rajasthan Forest, Manipur Forest, Haryana Forest, Tripura Forest, Uttarakhand Forest, Goa Forest, etc. However, the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Forest department i.e. ‘http://hpforest.nic.in/’ is responsible for updating notifications.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
Eligible candidates can apply online for the advertised posts by submitting an ‘Online application form’ which is already notified by the department.
- Log on to the Official site i.e. ‘hpforest.nic.in/’
- Choose the desired advertisement on the home page.
- Click on ‘Apply online’ and fill the details carefully.
- Click on the link “Submit application”.
- Take the print out of the application form.
- Attach the essential certificates along with the application form and post it to the address of the forest department.
The mode of selection is conducted in three consecutive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode and so on.
- STEP 1 – Written Examination
- STEP 2 – Physical test
- STEP 3 – Interview
The first stage of selection procedure in Himachal Pradesh Forest Department examination is Written Examination. There is 1 paper at this stage. The paper is of objective type with a total of 100 marks.
The candidates should match up to the specifications mentioned in point 3.1. And there are another physical efficiency tests that need to be qualified by the candidates are running, high jump, and long jump.
Interview is the last stage of recruitment process in Himachal Pradesh Forest Department.
For the selection of deserving candidates from all the candidates, the Haryana Forest Department conducts the examination in three consecutive steps.
It is the first stage of Haryana Forest Department examination. There is 1 paper at this stage. The paper is of objective type with 100 questions and a total of 100 marks. The time duration is 2 hours. The questions are asked from following subjects –
- General Knowledge
|Candidates||100 Mtrs Running||High Jump||Long Jump||800 Meters Running||400 Meters Running|
|Male||14 Seconds||1.25 Mtrs||4 Mtrs||2 Min 45 Seconds||–|
|Female||17 Seconds||70 cms||2.50 Mtrs||–||2 Min 15 Seconds|
It is the last stage of Himachal Pradesh Forest Department examination. The candidates selected for the written examination must attend the Interview. Interviews are taken for reviewing the selected candidate’s personality.
Syllabus for Written exam is given as
Syllabus for Himachal Pradesh Forest Services – Click Here
Syllabus for Himachal Pradesh Forest Range Officer – Click Here
- H.C.F. & L.C.M
- Profit & Loss
- Problems on Ages
- Time, Work & Distance
- Number Systems
- Numericals on Trains
- Ratio & Proportion
- Data Interpretation
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Geography & Natural Resources
- Indian History & National Movement
- Indian Constitution & Civilization
- Indian Polity & Economy
- Current Events – Regional, National & International
- Art & Culture
- Science & Technology
- Infrastructural Development
The main thing to focus during the examination is the ‘preparation method’. Clearing this exam depends on ‘how well you have prepared’ for the exam. Despite having Knowledge on the subjects few candidates fail to score well, this is because of the lack of preparations. One must have a proper plan to follow up while preparing for the examinations. Few tips on how to crack such examinations are:
How to prepare for exam
- Pen down your daily routine and stick to the schedule.
- Give yourself enough time to study.
- Make notes on what you have studied.
- Highlights the important points to revise the during examination.
- Practice the previous papers and model papers.
- Be aware of the current happenings in the world.
- Watch News for updates on current affairs.
Himachal Pradesh Forest Guard Sample A – Click Here
Himachal Pradesh Forest Guard Sample B – Click Here
Himachal Pradesh Forest Guard Sample C – Click Here
- General Knowledge – GBK Publications
- For GK read all the Himachal Pradesh academic books from 6th Class to 10th Class
- Reasoning and Arithmetic by ‘ R.S Agrawal’
- Mental Ability Reasoning – Vijeta Competitions
- Academic book of Mathematics (Class 6th-10th level)