Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination for filling of officers in administrative services and other allied branch within the states. Currently, there are 25 vacant posts under Himachal Pradesh Services Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination. Haryana Civil Services, Gujarat Civil Services, Nagaland Civil Service Exam,etc., are the other popular state administrative service exams in the country.
|S. No.||Posts||Age limit||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|1.||Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Class-I Gazetted||21 – 35 years||Must have Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 5,400|
|2.||Himachal Pradesh Police Services Class-I Gazetted||21 – 35 years||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 5,400|
|3.||Block Development Officer Class-I Gazetted||21 – 35 years||Rs. 10,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,000|
|4.||Tehsildar Class I||21 – 35 years||Rs. 10,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,000|
|5.||District Treasury Officer||21 – 35 years||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 5,400|
|6.||Excise and Taxation Officer||21 – 35 years||Rs. 10,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,000|
- 5 years of relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
- 5 years of relaxation for OBC/PH candidates.
- 5 years of relaxation for Ex-Servicemen candidates of Himachal Pradesh.
- 5 years of relaxation for children/grandchildren of freedom fighters of Himachal Pradesh.
Other government job notifications released in the state are HP Forest, HP Police, HP Teacher Eligibility Test, etc. Advertisements related to the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examinations are displayed on the website ‘hppsc.hp.gov.in’. Although candidates are advised to Drona for every information regarding the examinations.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- Log on to the official site ‘www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/’
- Click on apply online.
- Choose the desired notification.
- Enter academic and personal details.
- Upload your scanned signature and photograph.
- Make the fee payments.
- Submit the online application.
- Take the printout of application form for future references.
Selection process for Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination is done in three steps –
- Step 1 – Preliminary Examination
- Step 2 – Main Examination
- Step 3 – Interview
Step 1 (Preliminary Examination)
The Preliminary Examination is the first stage of the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination. Preliminary Examination is a paper of objective type.
Step 2 (Main Examination)
The Main Examination is the second stage of Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination. The Main examination is a paper of subjective type.
Step 3 (Interview)
The Interview is the last stage of the selection procedure in Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Examination.
It is an objective type paper. It consists of 2 papers of 200 marks each and time duration is 2 hours each.
- Paper I – General Studies
- Paper II – Aptitude Test
Selected candidates are then advised to download the application form. No call letters will be sent for Main Examination. The question is asked from the subject selected by the candidates. It is a subjective type of paper.
After qualifying both prelims and main examination, candidates are then called for the last screening process i.e Interview.
The question are asked from the following papers –
- Paper I – General Studies
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio-economic development of state Himachal Pradesh
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Physical, social, and economic geography of India as well as the world
- Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, and Rights issues
- Sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, and social sector initiatives
- General problems on environmental ecology, climate change and biodiversity.
- General science.
- Paper II – Aptitude Test
- Communication skills
- Reasoning & analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Mental ability
- Basic numeracy (Class X level),
- Data interpretation Class X level)
- English Language (Class X level)
- Practice the previous papers and model papers
- Be aware of the current happenings in the world
- Watch News for updates on current affairs
- Choose your paper for the main exam and read it thoroughly
Himachal Pradesh Aptitude Test Hindi Paper – Click Here
Himachal Pradesh Prelims General Studies Exam Paper I – Click Here
Himachal Pradesh Prelims Aptitude Test Exam Paper II – Click Here
HPAS-Main Exam Animal Husbandry Veterinary Sciences Paper II – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Anthropology Paper I – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Anthropology Paper II – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Botany Paper I – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Botany Paper II – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Commerce Accountancy Paper II – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Economics Paper I – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Economics Paper II – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Electrical Engineering Paper I – Click Here
HPAS Main Exam Electrical Engineering Paper II – Click Here
- General Studies & General Knowledge – GBK Publications
- For GK read all the AP academic books from 6th Class to 10th Class
- Reasoning and Arithmetic by ‘ R.S Agrawal’
- Mental Ability Reasoning – Vijeta Competitions
- Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams by – Pratiyogita Kiran
- Quantitative Aptitude book for All Competitive Examination by – Abhuit Guha