The Haryana Forest Development Corporation Limited was established on 7th December 1989. The Haryana Forest department recruits candidates in different departments for the proper functioning and maintenance of the forests. Some posts are Deputy Ranger, Foresters, Forest guard, etc. Currently, there are more than 300 vacancies under Haryana Forest Departments. Other popular forest service exams are HP Forest, Orissa Forest, Gujarat Forest, WB Forest, Tripura Forest, Uttarakhand Forest, etc.
|S. No.||Posts||Age limit||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|1,||Deputy Ranger||17 – 42 years||Must pass Intermediate in science or its equivalent||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 3,600|
|2.||Forester||17 – 42 years||Must pass Intermediate or its equivalent||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|3.||Wild Life Guard||17 – 42 years||Must pass Matric/Higher secondary or its equivalent||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,000|
|4.||Restorer||17 – 42 years||Must pass matric or its equivalent||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 1,900|
|5.||Draftsman||17 – 42 years||Diploma in Architecture Assistantship, or National Trade Certificate in Draftsman (Civil)||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 3,600|
|6.||Mining Inspector||17 – 42 years||B.Sc in geology or diploma in mining||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 3,600|
|7.||Forest Guard||17 – 40 years||Must pass Matriculation or its equivalent||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,000|
The upper age relaxations can be given as –
- 5 years of relaxations for SC/BC candidates.
- 3 years of relaxations for Ex-servicemen.
- 10 years of relaxations for general PHC candidates.
- 15 years of relaxations for SC/BC PHC candidates.
- The upper age limit for the widow, legally separated woman, divorced, deserted woman and unmarried woman is 47 years.
- For Male candidates
- Height – Not less than 168 cms
- Chest (normal) -79 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 79+5 cms
- For Female candidates
- Height – Not less than 155 cm
- Chest (normal) – 74 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 74+5 cms
‘http://haryanaforest.gov.in/en-us/ is the official website of Haryana Forest Department. Other important government job notifications released by the state government are Haryana Police, Haryana Teachers, Haryana Civil Services, etc. Candidates can download the advertisement once the notifications are released or visit Drona for all information related to Haryana Forest Department examinations.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
Eligible candidates can apply online for the advertised posts by submitting an ‘Online application form’ which is already provided by the department.
- Log on to the website i.e. ‘haryanaforest.gov.in’
- Choose the desired advertisement on the home page.
- Click on ‘Apply online’ and fill the details carefully.
- Click on the link ‘Submit’.
- Take the print out of the application form.
- Attach the fee payments DD or IPO and other essential certificates and post it to the address of the forest department.
The mode of selection is conducted in three consecutive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode and so on.
- STEP 1 – Written Examination
- STEP 2 – Physical test
- STEP 3 – Interview
The first stage of selection procedure in Haryana Forest Department examination is Written Examination. There are 2 sections in this stage, one is compulsory section and other is optional section. Both the section consists of 2 papers.
The candidates should match up to the specifications mentioned in point 3.1. And there is one more physical efficiency test that needs to be qualified by the candidates is walking.
The Interview is the last stage of recruitment process.
For the selection of deserving candidates from all the candidates, the Haryana Forest Department conducts the examination in three consecutive steps.
It is the first stage of Haryana Forest Department examination. It consists of two sections. One is compulsory section and another one is optional section. Compulsory papers consist of two objective type paper carrying 100 marks each. In the optional section, candidates should choose two subjects from the list of optional subjects.
- Compulsory Section
- General Knowledge
- General English
- Optional Section
- Agriculture Engineering
- Forest Management
- Forest Utilisation
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Veterinary Sciences
- For Male candidates – 25kms walk to complete in 4 hours
- For Female candidates – 14kms walk to complete in 4 hours
It is the last stage of Haryana Forest Department examination. The candidates selected for the written examination must attend the Interview. Interviews are taken for reviewing the selected candidate’s personality.
Syllabus for Written exam is given as –
- International & National Organizations
- Books & Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Five Year Plans & Budget
- Important Days
- News – Financial & Economic
- Awards & Honors
- Correction of Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
The main thing to focus during the examination is the ‘preparation method’. Clearing this exam depends on ‘how well you have prepared’ for the exam. Despite having Knowledge on the subjects few candidates fail to score well, this is because of the lack of preparations. One must have a proper plan to follow up while preparing for the examinations. Few tips on how to crack such examinations are:
How to prepare for exam
- Pen down your daily routine and stick to the schedule.
- Give yourself enough time to study.
- Make notes on what you have studied.
- Highlights the important points to revise during the examination.
- Practice the previous papers and model papers.
- Be aware of the current happenings in the world.
- Watch News for updates on current affairs.
- Indian history and culture by – VK Agnihotri
- Indian history and culture by – BSL Hanumantha Rao
- Indian Economy by – Ramesh Singh
- India’s Struggle for Independence – by Bipin Chandra
- Currently happening and important events
- Indian Society – S P Dhubey