After being separated from Mumbai on 1st May, 1960, Gujarat Police came into existence. The headquarters of Gujarat Police is in Gandhinagar, the state capital. The main objective of the state police is provision and maintenance of law and order. Gujarat Police is headed by The Director General of Police (DGP). Gujarat police department consists of four Commissioners’ offices located in Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Surat. For easy administration, the state police dept is divided into 26 police districts and a Western Railway Police. JK Police, Maharashtra Police, Punjab Police Department,Jharkhand Police,Bihar Police, Haryana Police, HP Police, etc., are other popular state police service exams.
Some of the positions under The Gujarat Police Department are Police Sub Inspector (PSI), Assistant Police Sub Inspector (ASI), Constables, Jail Sipahi, etc.
The Posts that are frequently notified by the department are
- Police Sub Inspector (PSI) Unarmed
- Assistant Police Sub Inspector (ASI) Unarmed
- Police Constable Unarmed
- Police Constable Armed
- S.R.P Constable
- Jail Sipahi
The eligibility criteria for different posts in the department such as Age Limit, Educational Qualification are summarized in the below table. The Pay Scale and grade pay of the respective positions will be as per the government norms.
|Post Name||Age Limit (in years)||Educational Qualification|
|Police Sub Inspector (PSI) Unarmed||21 – 30||Graduation or its Equivalent|
|Assistant Police Sub Inspector (ASI) Unarmed||20 – 30|
|Police Constable Unarmed||18 – 28||Must pass 10th or 12th or graduation|
|Police Constable Armed||18 – 28|
|S.R.P Constable||18 – 28|
|Jail Sipahi||18 – 28|
For Male Candidates
|Chest in cm (Normal)||Chest in cm (Expansion)|
|ST candidates of Gujarat||162||50||79||84|
|OBC candidates of Gujarat||165||50||79||84|
For Female Candidates
|Category||Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|ST candidates of Gujarat||150||40|
|OBC candidates of Gujarat||155||40|
Age relaxations and reservations will be as per the Gujarat government norms.
- Current Notifications
- Upcoming Notifications
- Previous Notifications
- Candidates must carefully go through the notification and should be ready with scanned copies of passport size photographs and full signature.
- Candidates need to visit https://ojas.gujarat.gov.in/ the official website of the department and should navigate to Apply online then should click on apply now.
- When the application form is generated, candidates have to fill the error free details.
- Then after the confirmation of the correctness of the filled details, candidates need to upload the scanned copies of photograph and Signature.
- Candidates need to recheck the details before submission and then after submission a printout of Fee Payment Challan should be taken.
- The prescribed fee should be paid as per the instructions and should keep a printout of the application for future use.
The Mode of selection is a four-step process. First, the aspiring candidates have to clear written examination followed by the physical efficiency tests. After that, candidates need to undergo medical examination and upon qualifying medical exam candidates are called for interview which will be the last step in the selection process.
The chronology of the selection process is given below
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Examination
- Personal Interview
The written test will be for 350 marks and the topics with their weightage are given below
General English (75 marks)
- Verbal Aptitude
Gujarati Language (75 Marks)
- Gujarati Grammar
General Knowledge (100 Marks)
General Laws (100 Marks)
- Indian Penal Code
- Constitution of India
- Gujarat Police Act
- Evidence Act
Physical Efficiency Test
|Female||1600||9 Minutes and 30 Seconds|
|Ex-Serviceman||2400||12 Minutes and 30 Seconds|
Syllabus for Gujarat Police Constable Examination – Click Here
Gujarat Police Jail Sepoy Paper – Click Here
Gujarati Language Supplement Paper – Click Here