Current Notification & Important Dates
|For Official Notification and Further Details Click Here||TNPSC College Librarian & District Library Officer Notification|
|Total Number of Positions||33 posts|
|Starting Date of Online Application||21st November 2017|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||20th December 2017|
|Direct Link to Apply||Tamil Nadu PSC Librarians Application|
Tamil Nadu PSC has released notification to fill up 33 vacant posts of College Librarian, District Library Officer, Assistant Librarian & Information Officer posts. Recently it also has released Tamil Nadu PSC Group IV Recruitment 2017 Notification for 9351 VAO and Assistants. So, contenders who eligible may apply for the posts through online mode. For more details you may log on to official site of Tamil Nadu http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
Total number of vacancies: 33 posts.
Vacancy Name: College Librarian, District Library Officer, Assistant Librarian & Information Officer
Discipline Wise Vacancy Details
- College Librarian in Government Arts and Science Colleges-21 vacancies
- District Library Officer-09 Vacancies
- Assistant Librarian and Information Officer for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department-03 Vacancies
TNPSC Eligibility Criteria
- For College Librarian the qualification is master’s degree in library science or information science or documentation science or an equivalent professional degree. Applicants must pass National Eligibility Test (NET) or other accredited test like State Level Eligibility Test (SET).
- For District Library Officer the minimum qualification is master’s degree in arts and science, library science and should have experience more than 3 years in any of the libraries in a supervisory cadre.
- For Assistant Librarian and Information Officer the minimum qualification is master’s degree of a university recognized by university grants commission.
Candidates belonging to general category the age limit for College Librarian and District Librarian Officer posts should be below 35 years.
Candidates belonging to general category the age limit for Assistant Librarian and Information officer posts the age should be below 30 years.
TNPSC Librarian Salary
- For College Librarian post the pay scale is in between Rs.15600-39100+grade pay of Rs.6000/-
- For District Librarian Post the pay scale is in between Rs.15600-39100/- and grade pay of Rs.5400/-
- For Assistant Librarian and Information Officer post the pay scale is in between Rs.9300-34800/- + grade pay of Rs.4700/-
TNPSC Selection Process
Candidates have to attend written test. Those who qualified in written exam will have oral test.
Candidates may apply for the posts through online mode.
- Starting date of application process is 21.11.2017.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 20.12.2017.
- Last date for payment of fee is 22.12.2017.
- Date of written exam is 24.02.2018 (FN & AN).
The registration fee for applicants is Rs.150/-
The examination fee for applicants is Rs.200/-
How to Apply Online
- Go to official site http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Click on the required notification.
- Read the notification carefully.
- Fill the details in the application form.
- Upload all necessary documents, photographs and signature.
- Click on the submit button.
- Take printout for future use.
Candidates need to attend written exam for 500 marks. Paper 1 carrying 300 marks and duration of exam is 3 hours, paper 2 is of 200 marks and duration is 2 hours. The interview is for 70 marks. Minimum qualifying marks for SCs, STs, BCs is 171 marks, for others the qualifying marks are 228.
Paper-1 Library and Information Science (PG Degree Standard)
Unit-1: Information and Communication
Unit-2: Management of Information Centres
Unit-3: Knowledge Organization
Unit-4: Information Sources
Unit-5: Information System, Products and Services
Unit-6: Information Storage and Retrieval
Unit-7: Research Methods
Unit-8: Information Technology (IT) and Library Automation
Unit-9: Digital Libraries
Unit-10: Quantitative Techniques and Informetrics
Paper-II General Studies (Degree Standard)
Unit-1: General Science
- a) Physics
- b) Chemistry
- c) Botany
- d) Zoology
Unit-2: Current Events
- a) History
- b) Political Science
- c) Geography
- d) Economics
- e) Science
Unit-4: History and Culture of India
Unit-5: Indian Polity
Unit-6: Indian Economy
Unit-7: Indian National Movement
Unit-8: Aptitude and Mental Ability Tests
Multiple Choice Questions in Library Information Science Book
TNPSC Library & Information Science Books
Current Affairs Yearly 2017 Books
General Knowledge 2018 Books
Quick General Knowledge 2018 with Current Affairs Update Book
Latest Govt Jobs