It is hereby informed that the Group-I (Mains) examinations (Notification No.27/2018), which are scheduled to be held from 04.02.2020 to 16.02.2020 (7 Sessions), are postponed on administrative grounds. The revised dates will be announced on 27.01.2020
APPSC Mains Revised Exam Dates:
- APPSC Group 1 (Adv 27/2018 ) Mains Exam Date: 04th February 2020 to 16th February 2020
APPSC Group 1 Notification 2020 will be released soon. Check Andhra Pradesh PSC Group I Vacancy, eligibility, selection process, salary, important dates, application process, etc here. Willing and suitable contenders can apply for APPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020 before the last date to avoid the server issues.
ఏపీపీఎస్సీ గ్రూప్ – I ఎగ్జామినేషన్ నోటిఫికేషన్ 2020
In the upcoming days, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission is going to release APPSC Group I Notification 2020 to fill various vacancies in its organization. Soon after the official notification is released, the application forms will be invited from the eligible candidates through online. Job seekers of AP state can grab this excellent opportunity and apply for Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 1 Jobs at the earliest.
In this article, you will get the details related to APPSC Group 1 Exam 2020 like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, salary, important dates, etc.
APPSC Group I Notification 2020 – Overview
- Organization Name: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
- Name Of The Posts: Group 1 Posts (Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendents, District Fire Officer, Deputy Collectors, Commercial Tax Officer, and other)
- Total Number Of Vacancies: Various
- Category: State Govt Jobs
- Sarkari Naukri 2020
- Starting Date To Apply: Update soon
- Last Date To Apply: Update soon
- Exam Date: Update soon
- Job Location: Andhra Pradesh
- Official Website: psc.ap.gov.in
- Check AP Govt Jobs here
APPSC Group I Services Posts
Every year, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission releases APPSC Group 1 Notification to recruit staff for various vacancies. Likewise, this year also, Group I APPSC Notification 2020 will be released to fill the following positions:
What are the posts under Group 1 APPSC?
- Deputy Collectors in AP Civil Services
- Assistant Commissioner of State Tax in AP State Tax Service
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Civil) Category-2 in AP Police Service
- District Social Welfare Officer in AP Social Welfare Service
- District BC Welfare Officer in AP BC Welfare Service
- District Panchayat Officers in AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-II in AP Municipal Administration Services
- Administrative Officer/Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade. II in AP Medical and health (Admin) Services
- Assistant Audit Officer in AP State Audit Service
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) in AP Jail Service
- Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendents in AP Excise Service
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer in AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service
- District Registrars in AP Registration Service
- District Employment Officer in AP Employment Exchange Service
- Deputy Registrars in AP Cooperative Service
- District Tribal Welfare Officers in AP Tribal Welfare Service
Other APPSC Exams:
Eligibility Criteria For APPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020
The two important parameters which applicants have to possess in order to get eligible for APPSC Group 1 Jobs are shared below.
What is the age limit for Group 1 APPSC?
Post-wise age criteria is as follows:
- Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendent in A.P. Excise Service: 18–26 years
- District Fire Officers in A.P. Fire Service: 21–26 years
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) in A.P. Jail Service: 18-28 years
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Civil) Cat-2 in A.P. Police Service: 21–28 years
- For all other posts: 18-42 years
Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as follows:
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates
- 13 years for PWD+OBC candidates
- 15 years for PWD+SC/ST candidates
What is the Qualification for Group 1 APPSC?
Candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply for APPSC Recruitment 2020
APPSC Group I Selection Process
To filter the eligible and talented candidates for APPSC Group 1 posts, the officials will conduct the following selection process:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview/Oral Test
Candidates who have cleared the prelims exam are eligible to appear for mains exam.
Andhra Pradesh Group-I Services Posts Salary
Selected candidates for APPSC Group I posts will get an attractive pay scale as per the norms of the conducting organization. Post-wise salary details are as follows:
How much salary will I get in APPSC Group 1?
- District Employment Officer, AP Employment Exchange Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Deputy Registrar, AP Cooperative Service: Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450/-
- District Tribal Welfare Officer, AP Tribal Welfare Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450/-
- District Panchayat Officer, AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450/-
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-II, AP Municipal Administration Services: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Administrative Officer/Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade-II, AP Medical and Health (Administration) Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Assistant Audit Officer, AP State Audit Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-2), AP Police Service: Rs. 40, 270 – 93, 780/-
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men), AP Jail Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450
- District Fire Officer, AP Fire Service: Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450/-
- District Social Welfare Officer, AP Social Welfare Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450/-
- District BC Welfare Officer, AP BC Welfare Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450/-
- Assistant Treasury Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer, AP Treasury and Accounts Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Regional Transport Officer (RTO), AP Transport Service: Rs 37,100 – 91,450/-
- Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendent, AP Excise Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- Deputy Collector, Andhra Pradesh Civil Service: Rs. 40, 270 – 93, 780/-
- Assistant Commissioner, AP State Tax Service: Rs. 40, 270 – 93, 780/-
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer, AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service: Rs 35,120 – 87,130/-
- District Registrar, AP Registration Service: Rs. 37,100 – 91,450/-
APPSC Group 1 Application Process
Are you willing to apply for APPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020? If yes, follow these simple steps provided below at the time of filling the APPSC Group I Application form.
How To Apply For APPSC Group I Recruitment 2020?
- Open the official site i.e, www.psc.ap.gov.in
- On the homepage, you can find the “Latest news/notifications” section
- Find and hit the related advertisement you are willing to apply
- Before applying, you have to complete the APPSC One-Time-Profile-Registration (OTPR)
- On the right side on the APPSC homepage, hit the OTPR link
- Enter the following details in application form:
- Aadhaar Details
- Basic Details
- Address Details
- Educational Qualifications
- Upload Photo and Signature
- Review the entered information carefully and hit “Submit”
- On the successful submission, the OTPR Reference Id will be generated and displayed on a screen
- Log in using this reference Id and password
- After log in, hit the “Online Application Submission” available on the APPSC homepage
- Then, hit “Fee Payment”
- Verify the details and fill the application with the required data
- Submit the APPSC Group 1 application form and complete the application fee payment process
- After the fee payment is successful, the payment reference id will be generated
- Choose the APPSC exam centres, post preferences, etc and hit “Submit”
- Take a print out of the application and keep the hard copy for future reference or correspondence
APPSC Gr 1 Application Fee Details
- Applicants have to pay Rs. 250/- towards the application fee and Rs. 120/- towards the examination fee
- SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from the payment of the examination fee
- There are two modes of fee payment – Online or Offline
- Online: Using a credit card, debit card or net banking, etc
- Offline: Through a SBI bank challan/demand draft
- They have to pay the application fee using any of the modes
AP Group I Syllabus
Syllabus plays an important role during the preparation for any competitive exam. So, you have to download the APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for both Prelims and Mains examination here.
Andhra Pradesh Prelims Group I Exam Syllabus
- General Studies and Mental Ability
APPSC Mains Group 1 Syllabus
- General English
- Section-I: Reading Comprehension
- Section-II: Functional Grammar
- Section-III: Vocabulary Usage
- Section-IV: Composition
- Paper I: General Essay on contemporary themes and issues of regional, national and international importance
- Paper II: History, Culture, and Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh, An Overview of Indian Constitution
- Paper III: Planning in Indian and Indian Economy, Land Reforms and Social changes in Andhra Pradesh after Independence, Andhra Pradesh Economy and its strengths and Weakness
- Paper IV: Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India, Ecology, Natural Resources, and Environmental Issues
- Paper V: Data Interpretation and Problem Solving
Andhra Pradesh Group 1 Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who are going to appear for the written exam have to check the APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern for both prelims and mains exam provided in the below sections.
APPSC Group I Screening Test Pattern
- APPSC Group I exam comprises the questions related to General Studies and Mental Ability
- The exam paper contains 150 objective type questions carrying 150 marks
- 2 ½ hours is the time duration for the APPSC Group 1 exam
- There is negative marking i.e, 1/3rd of the allotted marks is deducted
APPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern
- APPSC Group 1 Main exam consists of five exam papers – I, II, III, IV, V and General English paper
- Each paper carries 150 marks i.e, 750 marks
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer
psc.ap.gov.in Group 1 Previous Papers
APPSC Group 1 Previous Question Papers will help you in scoring good marks in the preliminary and mains exam. Previous papers provides you an overview of the exam paper that you have to face during the exam.
By practicing APPSC Group I Old Papers, you can understand the type of questions asked in the exam, topics/subjects involved in the exam, difficulty level of the exam, total marks allotted for each section, duration of the exam, etc. So, before appearing for the exam, candidates have to practice the sample papers or take a mock test to feel the experience of the written exam.
What are the Good Books for APPSC Group 1 Exam?
We all know that there are many books, but you have little time. So, you have to choose only a few books for better preparation. We have shared here some of the APPSC Group 1 preparation books.
- General English for All Competitive Examinations by S.C. Gupta
- Indian Heritage and Culture by J.K. Chopra
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh by Vijeta Competitions
- Indian Economy by Prabhanjana Publications
- Drishti Current Affairs Magazines
- Current Affairs monthly magazine by Arihant Publisher
- Quantitative Aptitude (Both Verbal and Non-Verbal) by R.S. Agarwal
- Statistical Methods by S.P. Gupta – Sultan Chand and Sons
- Read weekly magazines, daily newspapers, monthly magazines
APPSC Group I Hall Tickets
The officials will release the APPSC Group 1 Prelims Admit card for the candidates who have registered successfully. After the completion of prelims exam, the authorities will issue APPSC Group I Mains Hall tickets for the qualified candidates in prelims.
Admit card is mandatory to enter exam hall. Candidates who are appearing for the written exam have to download the APPSC Group 1 Hall ticket separately for prelims and mains at official portal.
APPSC Group 1 Exam Centers
APPSC Group I Preliminary exam will be held in the following centres:
AP Group 1 Mains exam will be held in the following centers:
How To Prepare For APPSC Group 1 Exam?
Preparation for the highly competitive exams like APPSC is very difficult. But with a proper planning it is possible i.e, you can achieve your goals. We have provided some tips for APPSC Group 1 exam preparation:
- Download the APPSC Group 1 Syllabus and exam pattern
- Make a proper study plan according to syllabus and pattern by covering each topic and subject
- Take a full length mock tests and watch online video lessons/lectures by the experienced faculty
- Solve the APPSC Group 1 previous papers to understand your strength and weak areas and focus more on them
- Maintain a short notes during preparation which is very useful for the last-minute revision
- Be confident and attempt the exam with full efforts
Andhra Pradesh PSC Gr-I Exam Date
The officials will announce the APPSC Group 1 prelims and mains exam date on its official portal. You have to check the exam dates carefully and appear for the written exam with the admit card.
APPSC Group 1 Answer Key
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has released APPSC Group 1 Answer key separately for prelims and mains exam. Candidates who have appeared for the exam have to download the key and cross-check your answers with the help of it to estimate your score.
Andhra Pradesh Gr-I Cut Off Marks
Cut off is the minimum mark that applicants have to score in order to get qualified in the written exam. APPSC Group 1 Cut off marks will be calculated by the officials based on the following factors:
- Total number of vacancies available
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- Category of the candidate
- The difficulty level of the exam paper, etc
APPSC Group 1 Results
The officials will announce the APPSC Gr-1 Results at psc.ap.gov.in. Candidates who have appeared for the written exam have to check the APPSC Group I Result by entering their valid user Id and password. After downloading, keep it safe till the completion of the recruitment.
Other Related Links
- APPSC Group 1 Prelims Hall Tickets
- APPSC Group 1 Mains Hall Tickets
- AP Group I Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Andhra Pradesh Group 1 Previous Papers
- APPSC Group I Books
- AP Group 1 Results
Frequently Asked Questions Related To APPSC Group 1
1. Is APPSC Group 1 exam conducted every year?
Ans. Yes, APPSC Group I exam is conducted every year to fill various vacancies.2
2. How can I apply for APPSC Group 1 2020?
Ans. Refer to the APPSC group 1 Application Process provided on this page.
3. Can Telangana students write APPSC Group 1?
Ans. Applicants must be a citizen of India and have to possess all the eligibility conditions like age limit, qualification, etc as mentioned in the official APPSC Group 1 Notification.
4. What are the best ways to prepare for the APPSC Group 1 examination?
Ans. The best ways to prepare for APPSC Group I Exam:
- Once you have a clear idea of APPSC syllabus Group 1, you can sort out a few books which help you in your preparation
- Practice more APPSC Group I previous papers
- Reading Telugu/English newspapers daily, current affairs monthly magazines, etc
- Do not forget to revise during the last few days of the exam
5. How are APPSC Group 1 posts allotted according to reservations?
Ans. Refer to the related advertisement notification to know the reservations for APPSC Group 1 posts.
6. Am I eligible for APPSC group 1 services being a final year btech student?
Ans. Yes, candidates in the final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply for APPSC exams.
7. What is the expected cut off marks for APPSC Group 1 screening test? Or What is the qualifying marks for Group 1?
Ans. The APPSC Group I cut off marks are as follows:
- OC candidates: 96 marks (40%)
- BC candidates: 84 marks (35%)
- SC/ST/PH candidates: 72 marks (30%)
8. Can I expect the APPSC Group 1 notification for 2020? Or When can the notification of the APPSC Group 1 be expected?
Ans. Yes, we can expect the APPSC Group 1 Notification at the end of 2019 or at the beginning of the year 2020.
9. Can I apply for both APPSC Group 1 and Group 2 exam?
Ans. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility norms as mentioned in the official notification are eligible to apply for both APPSC Group 1 and 2 exam.