A.P. Police Jobs 2020 – 21 నోటిఫికేషన్: 13, 057 new police jobs notification is going to be released soon. Candidates looking for Police Jobs can use this opportunity and start preparing for latest & upcoming police recruitment in A.P.
Live & Upcoming Police Recruitment Notifications in A.P.
|Post Date||Notification Details||Vacancies/Qualification||Last Date||More Details|
|21.10.2019||AP Police Constable Recruitment 2020||Various/ 12th Pass||Update Soon||More Details|
|21.10.2019||AP Police SI, Constable Recruitment 2020||Various/ 12th Pass||Update Soon||More Details|
|21.10.2019||APSLPRB Assistant Public Prosecutor Recruitment 2019||50/ Degree||31.10.2019||More Details|
|21.10.2019||AP Police Firemen, Dirver & Operators Recruitment||38/ 10th Pass||21.02.2019||More Details|
Andhra Pradesh Police Notifications 2020
In the upcoming days, the A.P. Police department is going to fill 13,591 vacancies. Moreover, 98% of these vacancies are for constable posts. It means that A.P. Police Constable Recruitment 2020 notification is going to issue for 11,356 vacancies. The remaining 340 vacancies are for the sub-inspector posts.
appolice.gov.in Police Recruitment 2020 – Overview
- Name of the Board: Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Name of the Posts: Constable, Driver, SI, A.S.I., and other posts
- Job Category: Govt Jobs in India
- Number of Vacancies: 7,740 posts
- Application Mode: Online
- Sarkari Naukri 2020
- Job Location: Andhra Pradesh
- Official website: www.appolice.gov.in or http://slprb.ap.gov.in/
- Check A.P. Govt Jobs here
Andhra Pradesh Police Recruitment Board (AP SLPRB) come into existence in 10-09-1985. SLPRB, A.P. will release the timely recruitment notifications for the direct recruitment of non-gazetted posts in their department including Station Fire Officers and Firemen in the A.P. Fire and Emergency Services Department, Sub-Inspectors and Constables in Special Protection Force, Deputy Jailor, Assistant Matron and Warder (Male/ Female) in the Prisons Department and Additional Public Prosecutors, Grade-II and Assistant Public Prosecutors in A.P. State Prosecution Services.
Types of Police Jobs in A.P.
Candidates can check the vacancies that are release under Central investigation and intelligence institutions, central defence agencies, state police agencies list here.
Defence Central Agencies List:
- Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- Railway Protection Force (R.P.F.)
- Border Security Force (B.S.F.)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- National Security Guards (N.S.G.)
- Special Protection Group (S.P.G.)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (S.S.B.)
Central Investigation and Intelligence Institutions:
- Central Bureau of Investigations (C.B.I.)
- Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)
- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (D.R.I.)
- Indian Income-tax Department (IID)
- National Investigation Agency (N.I.A.)
- Narcotics Control Bureau (N.C.B.)
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
State Police Agencies List:
- Division wise Police Department
- State Armed Police Forces
- Criminal Investigation Department (CB-CID)
- Metropolitan Police
- Traffic Police
APSLPRB releases various notifications to fill the following vacancies in their department.
Total no of vacancies: 7,740 posts
- Inspector of Police
- Sub-Inspector of Police (S.I.)
- Assistant Police Sub Inspector (A.S.I.)
- Head Police Constable
- Senior Police Constable
- Police Constable
- Director-General of Police (D.G.P.)
- Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
- Inspector-General of Police (I.G.)
- Deputy Inspector General of Police (D.I.G.)
- Senior Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police (S.P.)
- Additional Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (A.S.P.)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (D.S.P.)
- Station Fire Officers
- Deputy Jailor
- Assistant Matron
- Warder (Male/Female)
- Home Guard
- Dog handlers
- Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector
- Additional Public Prosecutors Grade-II
- Assistant Public Prosecutors, etc
A.P. Police Department releases notifications to fill the vacancies in various districts like
- East Godavari
- West Godavari
- SPSR Nellore
What is the Eligibility for Police Jobs in Andhra Pradesh?
Want to become a Police Officer? The first thing you need to do before applying is to check whether your profile suits the requirements of the job.
- Andhra Pradesh Police Jobs Age Limit
- The lower age limit of the contenders should be 18 years while the maximum age limit varies from post to post. Once the official A.P. Police Recruitment 2020 Notification is released, check the detailed age criteria in it.
- What is the Qualification for Police Jobs in A.P.?
- Candidates should have passed 10th Class or Intermediate/ 12th/ SSLC from a recognized board or institution to apply for Andhra Pradesh Police Jobs.
Andhra Pradesh Police Selection Process Details
The selection is the process of picking or choosing the right candidate for a particular post in A.P. Police Jobs; the authorities will conduct the following selection rounds.
- Written Examination, i.e., Preliminary and Mains Exam
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Measurement Test (P.M.T.)
- Physical Efficiency Test (P.E.T.)
- Medical Standard Test
- Personal Interview
- Documents Verification
Physical Standard Test Details
- For SI, SCT SI, R.S.I., and Fire Officer posts:
- Male candidates
- Height: Not less than 167.6 cm
- Chest: Not less than 86. 3 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 centimetres.
- Female candidates
- Height: Not less than 152.5 cm
- Weight: Not less than 40 kgs
- Male candidates
- Deputy Jailor and other Posts
- Female candidates:
- Height: Not less than 153 cm
- Weight: Not less than 45.5 kgs
- Male candidates:
- Height: Not less than 168 cm
- Chest: Not less than 87 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
- Female candidates:
Physical Efficiency Test (P.E.T.) Details
- 100 meters run
- General: 15 seconds
- Ex-servicemen: 16.50 seconds
- Women: 18 seconds
- Long Jump
- General: 03.80 meters
- Ex-servicemen: 03.65 meters
- Women: 2.75 meters
- 1600 meters run
- General: 08 minutes
- Ex-servicemen: 09 minutes 30 seconds
- Women: 10 minutes 30 seconds
Physical Measurement Test (P.M.T.) Details
For Scheduled Tribes (S.T.s) and Aboriginal Tribes in the Agency areas of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, and West Godavari districts
- Men candidates
- Height: Not less than 160 cms
- Chest: Not less than 80 cms (with a minimum expansion of 3 cms)
- Women candidates
- Height: Not less than 150 cms
- Weight: Not less than 38 Kgs
- For remaining categories:
- For Men candidates
- Height: Not less than 167.6 cms
- Weight: N/A
- Chest: Not less than 86.3 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms
- For Women candidates
- Height: Not less than 152.5 cms
- Weight: Not less than 40 Kgs
- Chest: N/A
- For Men candidates
- EyesightDistant Vision: Right eye – 6/6, Left eye – 6/6
- Near Vision: Right eye – 0/5 (Snellen), Left eye – 0/5 (Snellen)
- Each eye should have a full field of vision
- Candidates with color blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eye or lids of either eye will be disqualified
A.P. Police Salary Details
- A.P. Police Salary will be different for different posts. The starting pay scale and grade pay for different posts are as follows:
- Constable Posts: Rs. 5,020-20,200/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 2,000/-
- Sub Inspector Posts: Rs. 9,300-34,800/- + GP of Rs. 4,200/-
- Deputy Superintendent of Police: Rs. 9,300-34,800/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-
- Home Guard Posts: Rs. 1,500-6,000/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 500/-
If you are a new one and do not know how to apply for A.P. Police Recruitment 2020. Do not get panic; we are here to help you. Applicants can follow these simple steps provided below at the time of filling the Andhra Pradesh Police Application Form 2020.
How to Apply for A.P. Police Recruitment 2020?
- Log on to the A.P. Police official portal, i.e., www.appolice.gov.in or http://slprb.ap.gov.in/
- On the home page, find the related A.P. Police advertisement link
- Read the details provided in the official A.P. Police Recruitment 2020 Notification
- Ensure the eligibility criteria
- If eligible, hit the “Apply Online.”
- Enter all the details in the A.P. Police application form
- Pay the fee
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents
- Verify all the details and take a print out of the application form
- Keep the hard copy of the A.P. Police Application form for future reference
Andhra Pradesh Police Application Fee Details
- General/O.B.C. candidates have to pay the exam fee as prescribed by the officials.
- SC/ST candidates exempted from the payment of application fee
- Candidates have to pay the online fee mode using a credit card or debit card or net banking, etc. or offline mode through Demand draft.
Related Police Jobs in AP
Exam Pattern of A.P. Police Jobs 2020
- The authorities are planning to conduct the A.P. Police written exam in the forthcoming months. Meanwhile, candidates can download the A.P. Police Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020 and start your preparation as early as possible to get better marks.
- A.P. Police Prelims Exam Pattern is as follows:
- Candidates are required to appear for the Preliminary Written Test in one paper consisting of 200 questions for 200 marks
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- The questions in the written exam will be objective in nature
- A.P. Police Question paper will set in Telugu, English, and Urdu languages
- Applicants have to answer the questions in an O.M.R. answer sheet using Blue/ black ballpoint pen
- The minimum marks that applicants have to secure to qualify in the Preliminary written test are 40% for O.C.s, 35% for B.C.s and 30% for S.C.s/S.T.s/ Ex. Servicemen
A.P. Police Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Paper-I (Objective Type): Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning/ Mental Ability Reasoning
- Paper-II (Objective Type): General Studies
- Andhra Pradesh Police Mains Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The paper I and II are subjective in nature
- Paper III and IV comprise objective type multiple choice questions
- The duration of the exam is three hours for each paper
A.P. Police Mains Exam Pattern
- Paper-I English (Descriptive example)
- Paper-II Telugu (Descriptive type)
- Paper-III (Objective): Arithmetic and Reasoning
- Paper-IV (Objective): General Studies
Download slprb.ap.gov.in Police Syllabus 2020
By looking into A.P. Police Syllabus 2020, candidates can understand the topics covered in it. A.P. Police Syllabus includes the following subjects or issues.
- General English
- General Science
- History of India
- Indian Culture
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Geography, Polity, and Economics
- Current events of national and international importance
- Test of Reasoning/ Mental Ability
- General Knowledge
- General Awareness
- General English
Other Related Govt Jobs 2020
slprb.ap.gov.in Police Previous Question Papers
Previous Question Papers are the ultimate preparation tool for any exam. So, everyone mostly recommends solving Previous Papers. All of us know that “Practice Makes Man Perfect” means that Previous Papers play an important role during the preparation for any govt jobs or any competitive exam or any other exam.
If you solve more A.P. Police Previous Papers, we will get familiarize with the type and nature of the questions asked in the written exam, marking scheme, the time allotted for each section, to know your weak areas, etc. Solving more A.P. Police Question Papers will help you in managing your time as well as accuracy during the exam.
Andhra Pradesh Police Reference Books
Along with the A.P. Police Previous Papers, candidates can get the reference books here.
Arithmetic, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Completely Revised Edition by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning – R.S. Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R.S. Aggarwal
- AP Sub-Inspectors Preliminary Written Test – English Medium – Vijeta Competitions
- A.P. Sub Inspector of Police General Studies – Telugu Medium – Sri Anu Publications
- Andhra Pradesh Police Constables Study Package for Preliminary and Final Written Exam – English Medium – Annapurna Publications
- Andhra Pradesh Police Constable Study Package – Telugu Medium – Annapurna Publications
- General Knowledge Current Affairs & General Awareness – English Medium – R.K. Publications
- A.P. Police Constable Preliminary Written Exam (Telugu medium) – Vijeta Competitions
- Current Affairs Bit Bank by Success Key Publications
- General Knowledge Current Affairs & General Awareness – English Medium – R.K. Publications
- General Science-Science & Technology by Sri Sai Publications
- Read Telugu academic books from 6th Class to 10th Class
- Bharata Ardhika Vyavastha Objective Questions by Vivana Publications
- Bharatha Desa Charithra by Srinandan Publications
- Descriptive General English by Arihant Publisher
- General English for All Competitive Examinations by S.C. Gupta (Author)
- General English by A.K. Thakur
AP Police Hall Tickets 2020
The officials will release the A.P. Police Admit Card 2020 a few days before the written exam. Without A.P. Police admit card, candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall. So, candidates have to enter the registration number and hall ticket to download A.P. Police Hall Ticket 2020.
Andhra Pradesh Police Admit Card 2020 consists of the details such as applicant’s name, registration number, exam date and time, exam centre, etc. So, candidates have to keep the A.P. Police Hall Ticket 2020 safely till the completion of the entire recruitment process.
Andhra Pradesh Police Results 2020
A.P. Police Results 2020 shows the performance of the candidates in the written exam. To check A.P. Police Results 2020, candidates have to enter the registration number, date of birth, etc. in the ‘Applicant Login’ page. After reviewing the A.P. Police Result 2020, candidates have to download and keep it safe until the end of the recruitment process.
A.P. Police Document Verification Process
Job aspirants who have cleared all the selection rounds are eligible to appear for the document verification process. At the time of looking for the A.P. Police document verification process, candidates have to carry the following documents.
- N.C.C. certificate
- Discharge certificate (Required only for Ex-serviceman )
- Sports certificate
- 10th/ HSC or matriculation/ Graduation certificate
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Date of Birth certificate
- Address proof/ Residence certificate
- Employment registration certificate
- Physically Handicapped certificate (If required)
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.’s)
- How do the A.P. Police release the notifications?
- Ans. The officials will release the official notifications on its official portal, i.e., www.slprb.ap.gov.in
- What is the eligibility for A.P. Police jobs?
- Ans. The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum limit varies according to the post you are willing to apply.
- What are the selection processes involved in the A.P. Police Recruitment 2020?
- Ans. Written Test, P.E.T., P.M.T., Interview, Document Verification, Medical Test
- How is the merit list prepared for any exam?
- Ans. Based on the marks scored in the written test, the merit list prepared. It contains the names of the candidates in the order of marks obtained by them. If two or more candidates secure the same targets, Date of Birth (D.O.B.) will consider, given higher merit.
- What are the various reservations provided for the recruitment?
- Ans. Reservations provided to the social categories like backward classes (B.C.), Scheduled Castes (S.C.), and Scheduled Tribes (S.T.). All these reservations will give to the candidates who are the natives of A.P. state.
- In addition to the above reservations, women, home guards, National Cadet Corps (N.C.C.), Children of Jail Personnel (C.J.P.), Police Executive (PE), Children of Police Personnel (C.P.P.), Meritorious Sports Person (M.S.P.), Police Ministerial (PM) also get the reservation for various posts with different quota horizontally.
- How are the vacancies calculated under the horizontal reservation?
- Ans. APSLPRB follows the principle of horizontal reservation on a compartmental basis. APSLPRB means that the ticket distributed among the categories, i.e. O.C., BC, SC, S.T. as per the percentage fixed for the horizontal reservation categories like Women, Home Guard, N.C.C., M.S.P., etc.
- Out of total vacancies notified, how are the jobs calculated under different categories?
- Ans. To maintain uniformity and continuity in the calculation of vacancies under O.C., BC, SC, S.T. categories, a 100 point roster is followed as per Rule-22 of A.P. State and Subordinate Service Rules,1996. From the starting to the end roster point, the number of vacancies under each category calculated.
- What are backlog vacancies?
- Ans. The vacancies under B.C., SC, S.T. categories that are not fill up in previous recruitment are called as backlog vacancies and filled as such in the next recruitment.
- What is the reservation for local candidates?
- Ans. As per the A.P. Public Employment Act, 1975 and subsequent amendment rules, all the posts divided into three categories:
- State cadre
- District cadre
- Zonal cadre (Range cadre)
For the district cadre, only 20% of the posts are available to all candidates as per their merit. The remaining 80% of the posts will be filled only by local candidates (of the district).
For the range cadre, only 30% of the posts are available to all candidates as per their merit. The remaining 70% of the posts will fill by local candidates (of the range) only.
For state cadre posts, all notified vacancies filled up as per hundred roster points (as per Rule-22 of A.P. State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996). The social reservations are given to the candidates who are natives of A.P.
“A.P. Police Recruitment” page is designed for the sake of candidates who have a passion for joining Police jobs. On this page, we have provided a job opportunities for those candidates who want to kick start their career in the Police Department. Candidates who wish to work in the Police department can check the Latest and Upcoming A.P. Police Notifications 2020 here.
Andhra Pradesh State Level Police Recruitment Board (AP SLPRB) is responsible for the police recruitment process across the A.P. State. This board releases Andhra Pradesh Police Recruitment 2020 Notifications and conducts various selection rounds such as written exams, physical tests, medical tests, interviews, etc. for selecting the eligible aspirants.
We have created the “A.P. Police Recruitment” page for the convenience purpose of the Police job aspirants in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Bookmark our Drona. In page by pressing CTRL+D or follow our site regularly to get the Latest and Upcoming A.P. Police Notifications 2020.