The Goa Police is the law enforcement agency of Goa state. Goa Police will be under the direct control of Home Affairs Department and the department will be headed by the Director General of Police (DGP). Goa Police Department conducts competitive examination for recruitment of eligible candidates to various posts in Goa Police Department. Punjab police, Chattisgarh Police, Jharkhand Police, Madhya Pradesh police, Maharashtra Police, Rajasthan police etc., are other popular police service exams.
Live & Upcoming Goa Police Jobs 2019 – 20
|Post Date||Notification Details||Vacancies/Qualification||Last Date||More Details|
- 5 years of relaxations SC/ST or children of freedom fighters or sportsperson
- 3 years of relaxations for OBC candidates
- 10 years of relaxation for SC/ST sportsperson
- 8 years of relaxation for OBC sportsperson
- 10 years of relaxation for candidates with disability
- 15 years of relaxation for SC/ST candidates with disability
- 13 years of relaxation for OBC candidates with disability
- Height –
- For Men – 168 cms
- For Women – 160 cms
- For Ex-Servicemen – 167 cms
- Weight –
- For women – 45 kgs
- Chest For Men
- Normal – 80 cms
- Expanded – 85 cms
Goa Police department releases advertisements related to the recruitment of various position in Goa Police Department on its official website ‘http://www.goapolice.gov.in/’. Goa Forest and Goa PSC are other important state government recruitment notifications released in the state. For updated information regarding this exam candidates should visit the website Drona.in.
Aspiring candidates can apply for the advertised posts by submitting an ‘Application Form’ in the prescribed format.
- Candidates should procure the Application Form from the Goa Police Welfare Society, Administration Block.
- The application form should be filled carefully with all the details asked for.
- The completely filled application form should be submitted as per the information provided in the notification.
The mode of selection in Goa Police Department is conducted in two consecutive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode.
Candidates who applied for the Goa Police Department will be called for Document Verification Process. In this process, the verification of original documents will be done.
Candidates who qualify the Document Verification process have to attend the Written Examination.
Physical Standard Test
Candidates must qualify the physical endurance tests conducted by the department and the candidates must have the physical standards prescribed in the notification.
The candidates who clear the written examination will be called for interview, and the candidates must attend the interview conducted by the department.
It is the first stage of Goa Police Department recruitment process. Candidates are called in for verification of original certificates. The documents for verification’s are –
- Birth Certificate
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Employment Registration Card
Candidates who qualify the first stage i.e. Document Verification have to attend a Written Examination. The question paper will be of objective type with 4 sections. Each section carries 25 marks. The questions are asked from the below given topics.
- General Knowledge
- General English
- Logical Reasoning
Physical Standard/Efficiency Test
- For Male Candidates
- Height : 168 cms
- Chest : Normal 80 cms and expanded to 5 cms
- One Mile Race in 6 minutes and 30 seconds
- Long Jump : 3.30 Meters
- High Jump : 1.05 Meters
- For Female Candidates
- Height : 160 cms
- Weight Should not be less than 45 Kg
- 800 Meters Run in 4 Minutes
- Long Jump : 2.70 Meters
- High Jump : 0.90 Meters
Candidates who qualify in the written test and the physical endurance/standard test must attend interview. The interview boards selects the candidates based on their attitude and suitability to the job.
Syllabus for Scientific Assistant Toxicology Chemistry & Narcotics Goa Police Dept
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Polity
- Environmental Studies
- Science & Technology
- IT & Space
- Antonyms & Synonyms
Correction of Sentences
Fill in the Blanks
- Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time, Work, & Distance
- Problems on Ages
- H.C.F. & L.C.M
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Visual Memory
- Clocks & Calendars
- Number Series
- Decision Making
- Non-Verbal Series
- Problem Solving