The Forests of Goa are a part Of Western Ghats and has international popularity for its Biodiversity. Majority of the Goa forest area is located in the eastern region of the state. The Goa Forest department recruits candidates in different departments for the proper functioning and maintenance of the forests. The Forest Department aims to help the native people of Goa. Kerala Forest, Meghalaya Forest, Arunachal Pradesh Forest, Manipur Forest, Haryana Forest, etc. Drona provides guidance as well as study material required to crack these government job exams.
- 304 NABARD Asst Manager Grade A Recruitment 2020
|S. No.||Posts||Age limit||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|1.||Forest Surveyor||Below 45 years||Must pass SSCE or its equivalent with certificate of surveyor||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,800|
|2.||Forest Guard||18 – 35 years||Must pass 12th or its equivalent and should know Konkani Language||Rs. 4,440 – Rs. 7,440||Rs. 1,400|
|3.||Draughtsman||Below 45 years||Must pass SSCE or its equivalent with 2 years diploma in draughtsmanship||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 2,400|
|4.||Light Vehicle Driver||Below 45 years||Must pass middle school and should have Driving Licence||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200||Rs. 1,900|
|5.||Animal Attendant||Below 45 years||Experience in zoo maintenance with knowledge of local language||Rs. 4,440 – Rs. 7,440||Rs. 1,300|
- 5 years of relaxations for SC/ST candidates
- 5 years of relaxations for PH candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- For Male candidates
- Height – Not less than 163 cms
- Chest (normal) -79 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 79+5 cms
- For Female candidates
- Height – Not less than 150 cm
- Chest (normal) – 74 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 74+5 cms
Goa Forest department releases notifications related to the vacancies in the Goa Forest Department on its official website ‘http://www.forest.goa.gov.in/’. Goa Police, Goa PSC, etc., are other important notifications released in Goa. For a regular updates on the information regarding the notification of exams, aspirants should stay connected to Drona.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Log on to the website i.e. ‘http://www.forest.goa.gov.in/’ and Download the application form.
- Fill all the details asked in the form very carefully.
- Attach the necessary documents along with the application form in an envelope.
- Post it to the address of the forest department or the address mentioned in the notification.
The selection process consists of three successive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode.
- STEP 1 – Written Examination
- STEP 2 – Physical test
- STEP 3 – Interview
The first stage of selection procedure in Goa Forest Department examination is Written Examination. The paper is of objective type and is divided into 3 sections.
The aspiring candidates must have the physical standards mentioned in the notification. Candidates need to qualify the walking test in order to get selected for the .
Interview will be conducted to the written test and physical test qualified candidates. The department selects eminent personnel to the interview board to conduct interview.
It consists of one objective type question paper and the paper is divided into three sections and the questions will be of class Xth level. The questions will be from the below given topics.
- General Knowledge
- Konkani Language
- For Male candidates – 25 km walk to complete in 4 hours
- For Female candidates – 16 km walk to complete in 4 hours
The candidates who gets qualified in the written examination must attend the Interview. During the interview, the interview panel assess the candidate’s personality and his/her suitability to the job.
Syllabus for the subjects in written exam –
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Economic issues in India
- National news (current)
- International issues
- Scientific observations
- Indian Culture
- New inventions
- Political Science
- About India and it’s neighboring countries
- National and international current affairs
- Countries and capitals
- International Affairs
- Current Events
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Idioms & Phrases
- Error Detection