BCG-TiE Reported that India’s Internet economy would Double
- According to a report by BCG-TiE India’s Internet economy will double to $250 billion.
- As per this report, the E-commerce sector and financial services sector will play a key role in driving to this
The projections are
- Internet economy- $40-$50 billion
- e-commerce products – $45-$50 billion
- Government and private infrastructure – $50-$60 billion
- Connectivity – $45-$55 billion
- Devices – $30-$40 billion
- Digital media and advertising – $5-$8 billion
- By 2020, Mobile Internet users in India will double from 391 million to 650 million.
- The report also predicted that the data usage in India would increase 10-14 times by 2020.
- The report also predicted that in India by 2020 the average data consumption by a user would reach to 7-10 GB per user per month.
India is the Second-Most Preferred Market in Asia (excluding Japan)
- According to Credit Suisse’s survey,India is the second-most preferred market in Asia (excluding Japan).
- This survey was conducted March 27 and March 30 2017 at Credit Suisse’s 20th Asia investment conference.
- As per the survey report,Chinese stocks that are listed in Hong Kong ranks first and are the most preferred.
- According to the survey, the stocks listed on the mainland of China are the third-most preferred stocks.
- And, the markets of Malaysia, Pakistan, and Australia are the least preferred markets.
- According to the survey majority of the people opined that the Asia Pacific index would increase to more than 10 per cent in 2017
- Investors felt that the US markets are risky due to the trade policies, geopolitical risks in the current scenario.