Apart from this notification, other important notifications released by UPSC are engineering services, civil services, Forest service, NDA and Naval academy exams, combined geo scientist and geologist exam, Economic services, and Special class railway apprentice (SCRA).
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) recruits eligible candidates for the vacant posts of medical officers in various departments of central government through Combined Medical Services Examination examination to select eligible candidates. RRB also recruits eligible candidates for paramedical services. SSC is also another big employer of government posts. Drona provides essential information to the aspiring candidates to crack these exams easily.
Positions and Eligibility
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||Candidates must be must not have attained the age of 32 years||Candidate must have passed the written and practical exams of M.B.B.S. degree.|
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services|
|General Duty Medical Officer Grade-II in Municipal Corporation of East Delhi, North Delhi, and South Delhi|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council|
- (i) Five years relaxation for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe.
- (ii) Three years for OBC candidates.
- (iii) Five years for candidates domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during 1st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989.
- (iv) Maximum three years for Defence Services personnel disabled in operations such as hostilities with a foreign country or in a disturbed area.
- (v) Up To five years for Ex-servicemen including ECOs/SSCOs and Commissioned Officers.
- (vi) Up to five years for ECOs/SSCOs who have completed five years Military Service.
- (vii) Up to ten years in the case of deaf-mute, blind, and Orthopaedically disabled candidates.
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply online through website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Complete details for filling the online application form will be given in the official notification.
The Selection process comprises two stages first, written examination and upon qualifying this written examination, candidates need to attend a personality test or interview. The written exam will be computer based.
The Examination consists of two papers, and each paper carries 250 marks. Two hours of duration will be given to complete the exam.
Detailed exam pattern is given in the below tables
|S.No||Subjects||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|1||General Ability||30 questions||250 Marks|
|2||General Medicine||70 questions|
|S. No||Subjects||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|1||Surgery||40 questions||250 Marks|
|2||Gynecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|3||Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
Candidates who get qualified the written exam will be called for the interview by the UPSC board.
For detailed syllabus click the below link