UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts a competitive examination to select eligible candidates for the vacant posts in central armed police forces viz, BSF (Border Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) and SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal). Similar recruitment is also done by Railways for filling the vacant RRB constable posts . Other important recruitment done by UPSC are UPSC CISF, civil services, combined defence services, combined medical services, combined geo scientist and geologist exam, Economic services, NDA and Naval academy exams, engineering services, forest service and Special class railway apprentice (SCRA).
Positions and Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for different positions is given in the below table.
|BSF (Border Security Force)||20-25||Any Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University|
|CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)|
|ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police)|
|SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal)|
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Chest (unexpanded)||81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)||(Not applicable)|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
|Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye (corrected vision)|
|Near Vision||N6 (corrected)||N9 (corrected)|
- (i) 5 years for Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- (ii) Three years for OBC candidates (Other Backward Classes).
- (iii) Five years for Civilian Central Government Servants as per the instruction given by the govt.
- (iv) Five years for the candidates who had domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989.
SSC also provides similar type of types of reservation for the central government job recruitments.
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply online through website.
- The application has two part, i.e., part I registration and Part II application.
- Detailed application procedure will be notified in the advertisement.
- Drona provides detailed information on this application procedure.
The Selection process consists of a written examination, and upon qualifying the written examination, candidates need to qualify physical efficiency test. Upon qualifying in the physical efficiency tests, candidates need to attend an interview. Selection will be based on the overall merit in written exam, physical efficiency test and interview.
The Examination consists of two papers and the first paper the questions will be from General intelligence and general ability, carrying 250 marks, and second paper will be from general studies carrying 200 marks. The first paper will be having multiple choice questions and the second paper will be of descriptive type.
|Paper- I (Objective)||General Ability and Intelligence||250 Marks||2 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 Marks||3 hours|
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
|a||100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|b||800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|c||Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|d||Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||No|
Candidates who get qualified in both the written exam and physical efficiency test will be selected for the interview by the UPSC board.
For detailed syllabus click the below link
- UPSC Central Armed Police Forces General Ability Intelligence Paper
- UPSC Central Armed Police Forces General Studies Eassy Comprehension Paper
- UPSC Central Armed Police Forces General Ability and Intelligence Paper
- UPSC Central Armed Police Forces General Studies Essay and Comprehension Paper
- Weekly Magazines/Newspapers
- Monthly Magazines
- Daily Newspapers
- Reference Links to get access to online resources
Tips and Tricks