- Flash News: All Details for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019
- Trending: 2000+ ESIC UDC, Steno & Specialist Jobs
- Attention: Latest RRB 1.3 Lakh New Jobs
- Apply FCI 2019 Jobs – 4103 Steno, JE, Typists & Assistants
- KPTCL Recruitment 2019 Notification Released – 627 AE & AEE (HK & NHK) Jobs
- SSC Recruitment 2019 – Apply 50,000 Jobs
- TNTET 2019 Exam Notification
The Civil services examination in India had started during the rule of Britishers in India. Based on Lord Macaulay’s Report of the Select Committee civil services were introduced in 1854. Initially, the examination was conducted in London; it was not easy for the candidates as the syllabus was dominantly about European Classics. In spite of that Shri Satyendranath Tagore had cleared the examination to join the services in the year 1864. He was the brother of Shri Rabindranath Tagore, and in the next 50 years, only four people cleared the exam. For more interesting facts like this one can visit Drona website. Since 1922, Indian Civil Service Examination is being conducted in India. Firstly, it was held in Allahabad, and later it was transferred to Delhi. The Federal Public Service Commission was set up in India, and competitive examination was held for the appointment of superior police officers.The recommendations of the Lee Commission lead to some separate Public Service Commission for British-ruled territories and the Provincial States separately.
Post-independence, after the formation of Constitution of India on January 26, 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was renamed as the Union Public Service Commission. The Union Public Service Commission is the constitutional body that conducts recruitment for the national level administrative services. The Part XIV of the Constitution (Articles 315 to 323) authorizes the UPSC to conduct examination for national level services in India. The jobs recruited under these exams are central government jobs. The selected candidates will have various allowances during their tenure.
UPSC conducts national level competitive exam to select eligible candidates as medical services similar types of type of recruitment is done by Railways to recruit paramedical staff and Indian Navy to recruit medical officers. UPSC also recruits top most talents for engineering service, however RRB, Indian Navy, Indian Airforce also recruits engineers. General knowledge and current affairs play a key role in going through this exam.
The Commission members comprise a Chairman and ten members. They are appointed for by the President of India and their term is six years, or they can serve till they attain 65 years. More details can be found in the official website of UPSC.
Drona provides comprehensive information on the process of recruitment and also provides tips to crack the exams of all most all the government jobs. It provides complete information on the recruitment process of central govt jobs like Banking, Indian Postal Department, Indian Airforce, Indian Navy, Indian Army, Railways(RRB), Insurance, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Food Corporation of India, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), etc.
UPSC conducts examination for the following services:
- Civil Services Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Combined Defense Services Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- National Defense Academy Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- Indian Economic Service Examination
- Indian Statistical Service examination
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) Examination.