The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) is the largest corporation in India operating 44 NTPC Stations across the country. NTPC has planned to enhance its capacity to 1,28,000MW from the current 47228 MW by 2032. Drona provides useful information about PSUs in India. The power corporation invites application from engineering graduates to apply for trainee executive positions.
Aspirants with engineering degrees who have qualified GATE in the corresponding year are eligible to apply for the position. The engineering stream comprises Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electronics, Civil, Computer Science & Information Technology, etc.
Applicants should have engineering with minimum 65% marks according to the respective discipline and specialization. Candidates should have applied for GATE in the corresponding year, GATE score plays a crucial role in the recruitment. NTPC also recruits eligible ITI candidates through NTPC ITI trainee jobs recruitment notification. Other PSUs like GAIL, BSNL, SAIL, FCI, etc., also recruits eligible engineering candidates into various positions.
SC/ST and Pwd can apply even if they secure 60 percent marks in their respective qualifying examinations.
|Electrical||Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/Electrical, Instrumentation & Control/Power Systems & High Voltage/Power Electronics/Power Engineering||Upper Age Limit is 27 years.|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical & Automation/ Power Engineering/ Production Engg/ Thermal Engg/ Industrial Engg/ Production & Industrial Engg|
|Electronics||Electronics Engg/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics|
|Instrumentation||Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg/ Instrumentation & Control Engg|
|Computer Science & IT||Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology|
|SC / ST||Five years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||Ten years|
|PwD belonging to OBC||Thirteen years|
|PwD belonging to SC / ST||Fifteen years|
- Current Notifications
- Upcoming Notifications
- Previous Notifications
- Before applying for the NTPC Engineering positions, candidates must apply for GATE corresponding year exam.
- As it is mandatory to enter GATE registration number with the online application of NTPC.
- After procuring registration number candidates must fill NTPC online application form.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Check thoroughly before final submission.
- Take the print of online application and send it to the address given in the notification.
The selection process involves below four stages.
- Based on Graduate Aptitude Test score.
- Online Aptitude Test.
- Group Discussion.
- Personal Interview
- Candidates applying for engineering executives positions should simultaneously apply for GATE as its score is imperative for candidates to apply for the exam.
- Score obtained in the GATE examination will be considered for inviting the candidates for online aptitude test.
- Based on the performance in the aptitude test, candidates will be shortlisted for group discussion and interview.
- Selected candidates will undergo training in various units of NTPC for one year.
- Posting will be given to the candidates based on their overall performance including training period.
- Selected candidates will be given salary of Rs. 24900- 3%-50500 at the Basic pay of Rs, 24900/- during training.