Indian Oil Corporation Limited ( IOCL) is the largest oil corporation ranked in the Fortune 500 global list. It is the largest business enterprise in India with a turnover of Rs 3,99,601 crore. The globally acclaimed company recruits qualified engineers through stringent recruitment procedures. IOCL invites eligible candidates who have qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), recruits them as Graduate Engineers. The successful candidates will be given a stipend for one year, based on their performance, they will be absorbed into IOCL. Eligible engineering candidates are recruited by other PSUs like NTPC, SAIL, GAIL,etc.
|Engineering Discipline||Educational Qualification||Age Limit||Gate Score|
|| 26 years.
( Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ST, OBC, People with Disabilities (PwD) as per the government relaxation policies. )
|Candidates who have valid GATE score in the current year are only eligible to apply for the respective position.|
|Computer Science & Information Technology|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering|
|Polymer Science and Engineering|
- Reservation policy is applicable to different categories as per the government rules.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer ) and SC/ST candidates, 3 years and 5 years of age relaxation is applicable respectively.
- 10 years for PWD candidates, 5 years for persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- Five years for Ex-servicemen.
- Qualifying degree examination marks to SC/ST/PWD category candidates is relaxed to 55%.
- Candidates should applying for Graduate engineers positions should simultaneously apply for GATE in the corresponding year.
- As candidates are supposed to enter GATE registration number in the online application.
- Interested candidates must log on to http://gate.iitr.ernet.in and download admit card of GATE to apply for this position.
- Candidates after procuring registration number should visit the official website of IOCL www.iocl.com.
- Candidate should navigate to the online application, fill up all the necessary details and take the print for posting it to the IOCL.
- Applicants must paste similar photographs for both GATE and IOCL such that no mis-match should take place during the next stage of recruitment process.
- For the application of IOCL Apprentice technicians similar application procedure is followed.
- Valid GATE score of corresponding year is mandatory, previous year’s score is not valid for current application. Then followed by
- Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT)
- Personal Interview (PI) for assessing candidate’s knowledge, skills and personality.
Candidates in respective disciplines should write GATE score as mentioned in the below table.
|Engineering discipline||Corresponding GATE|
|Civil Engineering (Excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering etc.)||Civil Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering (Including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Oil/ Paint Technology/Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc.)||Chemical Engineering|
|Computer Science & Information Technology (Excluding Information & Communication Technology etc)||Computer Science & Information Technology|
|Electrical Engineering (Including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/Telecommunication Engineering/Power Engineering etc.)||Electrical Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (Including Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering but excluding Electrical & Electronics Engineering)||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering etc.)||Instrumentation Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering (Excluding Automation/Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engg & Technology, Mining & Machinery, Marine Engineering etc.)||Mechanical Engineering|
|Metallurgical Engineering (Including Mineral/ Material Sciences)||Metallurgical Engineering|
|Polymer Science and Engineering (including Polymer Science & Engineering/ Petro-chemical Engineering/ Plastic Technology but excluding Oil/Paint/ Surfactant/ Ceramics and Rubber Technology)||Engineering Sciences|
Service Bond: Successful General candidates must sign the bond worth Rs. 3,00 000 bond and Rs. 50,000 bond for SC/ST and OBC candidates, for serving three years in IOCL.
Nature of Job:
- Successful candidates will be posted in Refineries, Pipelines, Business Development, corporate operations and subsidiaries of Indian Oil Corporation.
- Based on their performance engineers will be placed in process, production, inspection, power plant etc.,
- Engineers will play crucial role in the operations, research and development of new products of the corporation.