Our page Drona.in is a pool of resources where you can find the Latest and Upcoming IOCL job opportunities. We assure you that none of the IOCL job alerts get missed out here. So, aspirants who want to get employed in a prestigious organization like IOCL with a high pay scale can go through the entire article.
Latest Govt Jobs in IOCL 2019 – 20
We have shared here the IOCL Recruitment 2019 Notifications for both freshers and experienced candidates. Keep visiting IOCL page frequently to get the recent as well as forthcoming Indian Oil Corporation Limited job notifications. The largest corporation has the total market share of 35 percent in refining and 71 percent in downstream pipeline capacity in the country. IOCL has eight refineries across India, Guwahati Refinery, Bongaigaon Refinery, Mathura Refinery and Panipat refinery is at expansion stage.
IOCL which is a Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) reaches every corner of India, with a comprehensive network of 45,000 customer touch-points through its various petroleum products. The points comprise over 25,000 diesel and petrol stations throughout India. In rural areas IOCL had set up Kisan Seva Kendras, emulating the model of modernizing infrastructure, 55 cities are fully automated across the nation.
Live Updates of IOCL Jobs 2019 – 20
|30.10.2019||IOCL Junior Engineer Assistant Recruitment 2019|
Indian Oil Corporation of India employs over 34,000 people, out of which women comprise 2643 (7.8%). The 14,981 people are employed in IOCL as officers. Indian Oil Corporation with its most efficient workforce provides valuable service to the people. These jobs comes under government jobs and the eligible candidates are recruited through a competitive examination.
www iocl com Vacancy
IOCL is one of the top most leading public sector undertakings and it recruits eligible candidates for various levels of posts across more than 600 locations in India including refineries, pipelines division, terminals, marketing units like LPG bottling plants, retail/ consumer/ lubricants sales, bulk storage terminals, aviation fuel stations, and at the R&D center at the entry-level.
List of Jobs in IOCL 2020
The job vacancies in IOCL are as follows:
- Trade Apprentices
- Technician Apprentices
- Graduate Apprentices
- Junior Engineering Assistant-IV
- Consultants (Geologists, Geophysicist, Reservoir Engineer)
- Engineer/ Officers
- Graduate Engineer
- Research Officers
- Law officer
- Assistant Law Manager
- Assistant Officers, etc
IOCL recruits officers at the junior-most level of the management hierarchy (A-Grade). It offers a great career opportunities to final year engineering and MBA students, IT professionals, chartered accountants, first division professional degree holders and post-graduates from relevant disciplines by recruiting them for engineer trainees, lab officers, medical officers, management trainees, accounts officers, system officers, communications officers, scientists, etc.
IOCL 2020 GATE
IOCL recruits the candidates through GATE 2020 scorecard. Candidates who have completed Graduation in disciplines like Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering can apply for the IOCL recruitment through GATE 2020. Applicants will be recruited as a Graduate Engineer and Officers based on the basis of their GATE 2020 score and performance in the interview.
About IOCL Recruitment 2020
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is an Indian state-owned oil and gas corporation with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Founded in 1959, it’s one among the seven Maharatna companies of India, apart from Coal India Limited, NTPC, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL).
Indian Oil and its subsidiaries account for 31% share in refining capacity, 49% share in the petroleum products market, and 67% downstream sector pipelines capacity in India. It is mainly controlled by the Government of India which owns approximately 79% shares in the company. It has also planned to expand its business operations abroad through its overseas establishments in Sri Lanka, Mauritius, UAE, Singapore, USA, Myanmar, and Bangladesh.
The R&D Centre of Indian Oil is India’s foremost commercial center of research excellence in the areas of engine testing, materials sciences, lubricants, oil refining, fuel additives, and environmental sciences. Being empowered with the ‘Maharatna’ status, the vision of Indian Oil is to be:
- The energy for India’s rise
- Taking the lead to fuel India’s energy needs
- The energy at the doorstep, services at a click
- Advanced R&D, to be future-ready
- Synergy beyond energy
- Fuelling India’s green energy quest
- Sustaining responsible growth
- Globally admired company
IOCL Recruitment 2020
IOCL selects the candidates either through open selection i.e. by advertising in the leading newspapers including Employment Newspaper or campus recruitments too. The recruiters visit the IITs, NITs and other reputed technical institutes of the country for recruiting final-year engineering students, and prominent business management institutes for final year MBA students. They also recruit chartered accountants from various centers of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for IOCL vacancies.
IOCL Recruitment through Gate 2019 – 20
IOCL 2020 Gate Recruitment will be done mostly for Engineers (in the disciplines like Civil, Chemical, Electrical, and Mechanical). At present, 2000+ companies offering jobs on the basis of GATE Score. The recruitment of the candidates for the below-mentioned positions will be through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Graduate Engineers to recruit them as Engineers/Officers and engagement as GAE (Graduate Apprentice Engineers)
- Post Graduate Engineers to recruit them as Research Officers in the Research and Development Centre of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Post Graduates in Chemistry with minimum 2 years of relevant experience as Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division of IOCL
The shortlisting of candidates for further selection rounds like Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) and Personal Interviews (PI)) will be based on the GATE score and PSU cut off. Each PSU recruiting through GATE will set its own selection process and eligibility criteria.
IOCL GATE Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants must have passed a bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology (full-time regular courses)
- For M.Tech candidates: Candidates pursuing their M.Tech are also eligible to apply; however, their graduation should be in the specified disciplines only. They are also required to apply and qualify in GATE 2020 in the specified GATE paper for each discipline
- For Integrated ME/M.Tech candidates: Candidates who have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech are also eligible to apply. During the time of selection and interview, candidates have to produce both BE/ B.Tech and ME/ M.Tech degree certificates.
- Candidates who have completed or pursuing their graduation in combined/integrated disciplines/interdisciplinary subjects like Mechatronics/Robotics etc will not be considered eligible.
- General and OBC (NCL) category candidates must have to score at least 65% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination, whereas for SC/ST and PwD candidates, a minimum of 55% aggregate marks are required.
IOCL Latest News 2020
Recently, IOCL has released the notification to fill 2000+ vacancies to fill Technician Apprentice, Trade Apprentice, Data entry operator (DEO), and other vacancies. IOCL has various refineries across India. Check the full details here:
IOCL Refineries Division
- IOCL Barauni Refinery
- Gujarat Refinery
- IOCL Haldia Refinery
- IOCL Mathura Refinery
- Guwahati Refinery
- IOCL Panipat Refinery
- IOCL Bongaigaon Refinery
- Paradip Refinery
IOCL Pipelines Division
- IOCL Eastern Region
- Western Region
- IOCL Northern Region
- IOCL Southern Region
- South Eastern Region
- IOCL Assam Oil Division
IOCL Requirements 2019 – 20
- If you are passionate to work in IOCL, check whether your profile suits the requirements needed for the job or not.
- The academic/ educational qualification varies post to post. Candidates should have completed 10th/ 12th/ITI/ Diploma/ B.E or B.Btech/ M.E or M.Tech from any recognized institute/ board/ university. The educational qualification details for the respective post will be mentioned in the official notification.
- The minimum age limit of the applicants should be 18 years and the maximum age limit may vary. Refer the official IOCL notification to know the age relaxations in the upper limit.
The two modes to apply for IOCL Recruitment 2020 are as follows:
- Online mode
- Offline mode
How to Apply Online?
If the officials have asked you to submit the application form online, candidates have to follow the below guidelines:
- Log on to the IOCL official site i.e, https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx
- Find and click on the related IOCL advertisement link
- Read the full details provided in the IOCL Recruitment Notification
- Ensure the eligibility criteria
- If eligible, hit the “Apply Online” link
- Fill all the appropriate details such as personal, academic or qualification information, etc in the required fields
- Pay the fee online using credit cards/ debit cards/ net banking, etc
- Upload the scanned copy of the photo and signature as per the specifications
- Cross-check all the filled information before the final submission
- Finally, hit the “Submit” button and take a print out of the application form
- Keep the hard copy of the IOCL application form for future reference
How to Apply Offline?
If officials have asked you to submit the application form offline, candidates need to follow the simple steps provided below:
- Visit the official portal i.e, https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx
- Search for the relevant advertisement link
- Download IOCL notification and go through the instructions/ guidelines provided in it
- Check the eligibility
- Then, download the IOCL online application form
- Enter the complete details in the application form including personal information, educational qualification, work experience, etc
- Application fee can be paid by generating e-challan/demand draft
- Send the www.iocl.com application form along with self- attested copies of their documents to the following address
- HR Manager, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), New Delhi
List of Documents to Apply for IOCL Jobs
- 10th class mark sheet issued by State/ Central Board or Date of Birth certificate issued by the authorized authority
- XIIth class mark sheet (if applicable)
- Final/ Provisional Diploma / ITI/ Sub Officers Course Certificate
- Final/ Provisional Diploma /ITI/Sub Officers Course equivalency Certificate
- Mark sheets of all semesters/ years of Diploma/ ITI/ Sub Officers Course
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC only)
- No Objection Certificate from employer (candidate presently employed in State / Central Govt, PSU, Govt organization)
- Service certificates and discharge certificate (applicable to ex-servicemen only)
- Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) certificate
- Apart from the above documents, candidates may submit any relevant documents with respect to various criteria mentioned in our detailed Advertisement
Selection Process of Indian Oil Corporation Limited
The selection of the candidates for IOCL jobs involves the following stages.
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT)
- Technical Interview
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Skill Test/ Proficiency Test/ Physical Test
- Medical Examination
- Based on GATE Score
The basic pay scale is approximately Rs. 24, 000/- per month. Besides the salary, various allowances or benefits granted to the IOCL employees include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation, medical facilities, productivity/ performance-linked incentive, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees’ pension scheme, leave encashment, house building advance, conveyance advance, leave travel concession / LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, children’s education allowance, etc, as per the company rules.
How to Prepare for IOCL Vacancies?
“If you have tried hard and failed, congratulations because most of the students do not even try” So, contenders can start preparation as early as possible. The way you prepare for the IOCL vacancies will make you stand out from the crowd. Here, we have provided simple tips which will be very helpful while preparing for IOCL vacancies.
- Evaluate the syllabus and exam pattern
- Know the selection process
- Prepare a time table, which includes the topics in each subject
- Gather all the preparation material like related note-books, textbooks, online materials, etc
- Prepare revision notes daily during preparation for the exam
- Solve IOCL previous year question papers and take mock tests
- Analyze the weak areas/ subjects/ topics and work on that portions
- Be confident and do not get nervous on the day of the exam
IOCL Interview Questions
- The questions asked in the IOCL interview process are related to the company, personal life, educational qualification, work experience, aims, goals, hobbies, etc.
Personal Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself or Introduce yourself
- Briefly describe the project that you have done in your training period?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What are your present hobbies and interests?
- How do you manage time in college between studies and extracurricular activities?
- What is your greatest weakness?
The questions related to the company are provided below:
- What do you know about IOCL?
Ans. IOCL is the largest commercial enterprise in India and the leading company in the Fortune Global 500 listing. IOCL operates one of Asia’s largest pipelines, refineries, marketing infrastructure and owns some of the most trusted brands like INDANE and SERVO.
- Where is the location of the company headquartered?
Ans. The company headquarters is situated in New Delhi, India.
- When IOCL company was established?
Ans. This company was established in 1959.
- Under which the Ministry Of Central Government this company function?
Ans. IOCL works under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the central government.
- What are the manufacturing units of this company?
Ans. IOCL has various refineries across India. They are as follows:
- Digboi Refinery
- Guwahati Refinery
- Barauni Refinery
- Gujarat Refinery
- Haldia Refinery
- Mathura Refinery
- Panipat Refinery
- Paradip Refinery
- Who are the competitors of this company?
Ans. Indian Oil Corporation has two major competitors like Bharat Petroleum Ltd and Hindustan Petroleum Ltd. Both are state-controlled, like Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). There are two private competitors such as Reliance Industries and Essar Oil.
- What are the products or services offered by IOCL company?
Ans: Indian Oil’s business interests overlap the entire hydrocarbon value-chain, including exploration, refining, pipeline transportation, and marketing of petroleum products, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and petrochemicals. Also, Indian Oil has ventured into alternative energy and globalization of downstream operations and it offers Fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals.
- Who is the current MD and Chairman of this company?
Ans. Sanjiv Singh is the chairman and Shri B. Ashok is the Managing Director of IOCL.
Careers Opportunities/Growth in IOC Limited
IOCL offers a world of opportunities for final year engineering, Management, and CA students, IT professionals, first division professional degree holders and post-graduates in the relevant disciplines. The career growth in the IOCL company depends up on the performance of the individual and their contribution towards the company. As your career ladder goes up, your salary also increases and you have to take more responsibilities.
IOCL Previous Year Question Paper
Getting a government job has become a dream for every aspirant and everyone is struggling to get it. So, one should plan accordingly to prepare for the exam.
In every exam, IOCL Apprentice question paper plays an effective role for the candidates to crack the written exam. By solving the IOCL Question papers, candidates can understand the exam pattern, marking scheme, time management, topics covered in the exam, time allotted for each section, etc.
IOCL Admit Card
- IOCL Admit card is a mandatory document to appear for the written exam. Without IOCL Apprentice Admit Card, no one is allowed to enter the examination hall. So, applicants have to download the IOCL hall ticket/ call letter from its official portal before attending the exam. After downloading, check the details printed on it. If you come across any errors on it, report the officials for corrections.
- IOCL Trade Apprentice Exam Syllabus plays an important role during the exam preparation. In today’s world, the competition level is very high, so candidates have to prepare for the exam with utmost care and have a glance at IOCL Apprentice Exam Syllabus to know the topics/ subjects covered in the exam.
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitutions
- Fill in the blanks
- Comprehension passage
- Shuffling of sentence parts, etc
- Similarities and Differences
- Problem Solving
- Space Visualization
- Visual Memory
- Decision Making
- Relationship Concepts
- Discriminating Observation
- Figure Classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Inserting The Missing Character
- Eligibility Test
- Number, Ranking, and Time Sequence
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Puzzle Test
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Sufficiency
- Situation Reaction Test
- Alphabet Test
- Coding and Decoding
- Statements and Conclusions
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Logical Venn Diagrams
Aptitude and Numerical Ability
- Problems on Ages
- Problems on Trains
- Profit and Loss
- Compound Interest
- Time and Discount
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Surds and Indices
- Volume and Surface Area
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Data Interpretation
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and Proportion etc
- Economic Scene.
- Indian Constitution
- General Polity
- Scientific Research
- Current Events – International & National etc
- Science and technology
- Indian history and culture
- Indian polity
- India-economy and geography of India
- Current events
- General mental ability
- Electronics Devices
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Control Systems
- Network Analysis
- Power Systems.
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Instrumentation
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Electrical Machines
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Power System Analysis & Control
- Switch Gear and Protection etc
- Theory of Machines
- Automobile Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Industrial Engineering & Management etc
- Manufacturing Technology
- Heat Engines
- The Strength of Materials
- Process Calculations and Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Plant Design and Economics
- Chemical Technology
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Optical Instrumentation
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Control Systems and Process Control
- Systems and Communications
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Mechanical Measurement
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Number Systems
- Decimals and Fractions
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- the Relationship between Numbers
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Laws of motion
- Thermal properties of matter
- Units and measurements
- Kinetic theory
- Work, energy, and power
- Wave optics
- Mechanical properties of solids
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Mechanical properties of fluids
- Systems of particles and rotational motion
- Electric charges and fields
- Moving charges and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance
- Magnetism and Matter
- Current electricity
- Alternating current
- Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Electromagnetic waves
- Semiconductor electronics
- Communication systems
- s – block elements
- P- block elements : group 14 (carbon family)
- Organic chemistry: some basic principles and techniques and hydrocarbons
- Surface chemistry
- Chemical equilibrium and acids-bases
- Hydrogen and its Compounds
- Atomic structure
- D and f block elements & coordination compounds
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Solid-state: States of the matter: gasses and liquids
- Electrochemistry and chemical kinetics
- General principles of metallurgy
- Organic compounds containing c, h, and o
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemistry of Representative Elements
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Transition Elements Including Lanthanides
- Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-II
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-III
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I
- Coordination Chemistry and Organometallics
- Molecules of Life
- The officials will issue the IOCL Sarkari Result on its official portal. Candidates have to be ready with login details such as application number, date of birth, etc to check IOCL Result 2020. The authorities will release the IOCL Interview Result separately. After checking your IOCL Apprentice Result status, keep it safe for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do you want to join IOCL?
Ans. The best answer is “If I want to be a part of the largest public sector enterprise, a Global Fortune 500 company, with its roots spreading across every corner of India, touching people’s lives, then I do not find any other reason for looking anywhere else. The biggest R&D center in India”.
- What is IOCl ?
Ans. Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), commonly known as Indian Oil is an Indian state government-owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi. It was found in 1959. It is one among the seven maharatna companies and has around 9 refineries located at Digboi, Guwahati, Barauni, Gujarat, Haldia, Mathura, Panipat, Paradip.
- Why IOCL?
IOCL is one of the largest PSUs (Public Sector Unit) in India. It stands 119th amongst the corporations in the world. Indian Oil’s unique work culture is on the basis of trust, openness and a commitment to creativity and consultation. IOCL identifies every one of its employees as an achiever who make a difference. The experience and the knowledge gained by its people in building this organization is now sought after by other developing countries.
- How to get a job in IOCL?
Indian oil recruits engineers through campus selection and also through direct recruitment (advertising in the leading newspapers). Some times, the recruitment in IOCL takes place through GATE. Candidates have to score 50% marks depending upon the discipline. The cut off may vary based on the vacancies, reservations, etc.
- How to apply for IOCL through Gate?
Ans. Candidates have to fill the application form for IOCL Recruitment through GATE by following the simple steps shared here:
Stage 1: Registration – Enter the following details for registration
- Discipline applying for
- GATE 2020 Registration Number
- Date of Birth
Stage 2: Fill Application form for IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020
- At this stage, candidates have to enter personal, academic or educational qualification, and address, etc details
- Use GATE 2020 registration number to IOCL login
- Enter the GATE 2020 registration number and the name used during GATE registration
- Verify all the information and hit the “Submit” button
- After the submission of the application, a unique IOCL application ID/number is generated along with the submitted application form.
- Note this IOCL application number/ID carefully and keep it safe for future use
- Download the www.iocl.com application form and take a print out of it
- Paste a passport photograph (same as used in GATE 2020) on the printed application form and put the signature at the designated place
- Keep it ready for verification if selected and called for GD/GT and Interview
- Which is better IOCL or BPCL?
Ans. After getting the GATE score, candidates will get confused that which PSU is the best. In IOCL, there is a bond whereas in BPCL, there is no bond period. IOCL provides hire allowances from the first year while BPCL gives after 1 or 3 years. There may be slight differences between IOCL or BPCL.
- How to prepare for IOCL Interview?
Group Discussion (GD): Be aware of the current “hot” topics and some traditional topics like AFSPA, Article 370, Right to freedom, Monetary policy. Your moves, tone of speaking, body language, etc all are monitored
Group Task (GT): A problem is presented in front of the group where you, along with the group, have to chalk out a stepwise solution. For example, steps to establish a start-up, developing the Indian football team in 5 Years with X crore rupees. Here, don’t try to be a leader and try to summarise the entire steps and include all in the process.
Interview: The interview questions are related to both technical and HR oriented.
The common questions are as follows:
- Tell us something about yourself, college, city, etc
- Why do you want to join IOCL?
- About IOCL and how oil is extracted?
- Are you already placed somewhere else? If yes, then why leave the job?
- Slight technical concepts (brach related questions)