- Download Zone Wise FCI Admit Card – Exam Dates [31.05.2019 to 03.06.2019]
- Board Name: Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Total No.Of Vacancies: 4103
- Post Names: JE, Steno grade II, Typists, Assistant Grade II & III
- Starting Date: 23.02.2019
- Last Date: 25.03.2019
FCI Recruitment Notification Updates
The Food Corporation of India was founded under the FCI Act 1964 to achieve the objectives of the National Food Policy. The first district office was set up in Thanjavur district in Tamil Nadu; this zone is termed as the rice bowl of the State.
- The primary objectives of the Food Corporation of India are:
- Safeguarding the interests of farmers through minimum support price.
- Supplying food grains across the nation through comprehensive Public Distribution System.
- Maintain buffer stocks to ensure Food security in the country.
- Regulate market prices such that foodgrains are available to consumers at an affordable price.
FCI which is a Public sector undertaking, is the world’s second largest food chain management system and first in Asian Continent. It operates with five Zonal Offices and 24 Regional Offices. It procures 12 to 15 percent of India’s rice and 15 to 20 percent of wheat produced in a year. The procurement of foodgrains is made directly from the farmers at the rate decided by Government (Minimum Support Price). The Corporation has been divided into five zones such as North, South, East, West & North-East and each zone is further divided into regional offices. More interesting facts about the PSUs in India can be found on Drona website. All the zonal offices operate under the guidelines issued by the headquarters.
FCI conducts recruitment for various positions, below is the list of posts recruited by Food Corporation of India. These government jobs come under central government job category. Other popular PSUs that recruit eligible candidates for various posts are NTPC,BSNL, BHEL, etc.
- Assistant general manager
- Deputy general manager
- General manager
- Executive Director
- Assistant Grade-I
- Assistant Grade-II
- Assistant Grade-III
- Dusting Operator, Watchman, Picker, etc.
For recruitment of Category I and II employees, a competitive examination will be conducted across India, and selected candidates will be trained for six months at Institute of Food Security in Gurgaon. Post completion of test trained professionals will be inducted as Assistant General Managers / General Managers in Food Corporation of India. Cadre III officials are recruited by a competitive examination conducted by Food Corporation of India or through the exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission.
Dronaprovides essential information about the recruitment in Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)like Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), Food Corporation of India (FCI) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). The Drona website also provides necessary information regarding preparation techniques and required study material to crack the exam.