This “Post Office Jobs” page is designed for the convenience of the candidates who are looking for Central Government Jobs. Every year, Indian Post releases various job notifications to recruit eligible aspirants for various posts like a postman, postal assistants, sorting assistants, hindi typist, etc. So, candidates who wish to kick-start their career in Indian postal department can grab this chance and go through below sections of the page.
Upcoming Postal Results in India
- Assam Posta GDS Results 2020
- Bihar Postal GDS Exam Results
- Kerala Postal GDS Results
- AP Post Office GDS Results
- GDS Exam Results in Chhattisgarh
- TS Post Office GDS Results
- Maharashtra Postal Results
- WB Postal GDS Results
Indian Postal Recruitment Notifications 2020
Indian Post Office is the largest central government organization that works under the Department of Posts (DoP). It is controlled by the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology and has 22 postal circles across the country. A chief postmaster general heads each postal circle. Each circle is again divided into regions headed by a postmaster general. Its headquarters is situated in Sansad Marg, New Delhi. Some of the services that are offered by the postal department are as follows:
- Mail services – Delivery of letters, postcards, etc
- Counter services – Money order booking, postage stamps sales, etc
- Financial services – saving schemes, etc
Post Office Recruitment 2020 – Overview
- Board Name: Indian Postal Circle (Bharatiya Dak Vibhag)
- Name of the Posts: Gramin Dak Sevaks, MTS, Postal Assistants, Sorting Assistants, etc
- Total Number of Vacancies: Various
- Sarkari Naukri 2020
- Application mode: Online
- Selection Process: Written Exam, Interview, Merit list, etc
- Location of job: All over India
- Official Portal: http://www.appost.in/ or https://www.indiapost.gov.in/ or https://www.indiapostgdsonline.in/ or https://www.ippbonline.com/
- Also, check State Govt Jobs here
Indian Post Office Recruitment 2020
Indian Post Office is available in the following states, and each state conducts recruitment separately to recruit the eligible candidates for the available posts. State-wise Postal Circle Recruitment Notifications 2020 are as provided below:
- AP Postal Circle Recruitment
- Telangana Postal Notification
- Gujarat Postal Circle Recruitment
- Karnataka Post Office Notification
- Kerala Postal Circle Recruitment
- Punjab Post Office Notification
- Delhi Postal Circle Recruitment
- Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle
- Jharkhand Post Office Recruitment
- Haryana Postal Circle Notification
- Uttarakhand Postal circle Notification
- North Eastern Post Office Recruitment
- West Bengal Postal Circle Notification
- Odisha Postal Circle Notification
- Jammu and Kashmir Postal Circle Recruitment
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle Notification
- Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment
- Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment
- Tamilnadu Post Office Notification
- Chhattisgarh Postal Circle Notification
- Assam Postal Circle Recruitment
- Bihar Postal Circle Notification
- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle Recruitment
Post Office Vacancies in India
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak Sevak
- Stenographers grade D
- Senior Hindi Translator (SHT)
- Motor Vehicle Electrician and Painter
- Lower selection grade posts
- Drivers Ordinary Grade-III
- Staff Car drivers
- Postal Assistants (PA)
- Sorting Assistants (SA)
- Indian postal service group A and B
- Senior artist
- Hindi typist
- Skilled artisan
- Stenographers grade-I/II
- Higher selection grade-I/II
- Mail guards
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS)
- Postmaster cadre
- Private secretary
- Senior private secretary
- Junior Hindi Translator (JHT), etc
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Post Office Jobs
Applicants must be a citizen of India and should have the knowledge of a local language.
- The lower age limit is 18 years, and the upper limit varies according to the post
- Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories is as follows:
- SC/ST candidates: 5 Years
- OBC candidates: 3 years
- PWD candidates: 10 years
- PWD + OBC candidates: 13 years
- PWD + SC/ST candidates: 15 years
- EWS: as per the govt norms
Post-wise educational qualifications are as follows:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant/Postman/Mail Guard: 12th class pass from a recognised board
- GDS/Multi Tasking Staff: 10th class pass with Mathematics and English from a recognised board
- Candidates should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard
Postal Department Recruitment Process
To get selected for Indian Postal Jobs, candidates have to face the following rounds:
- Online written examination/Aptitude test
- Computer proficiency test/Typing test
- Personal interview
- Document verification
- Driving test
- Merit list, etc
Salary Benefits in Department of Indian Post Office
Candidates who get recruited for Post Office Jobs will receive the following pay scale:
- Postman/Mail Guard: Rs.21,700 – 69,100/-
- Multi-Tasking Staff: Rs.18,000 – 56,900/-
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant: Rs.25,500 – 81,100/-
- GDS: Rs. 10, 000 – 15, 000/-
Documents Need to Apply for Postal Jobs
At the time of filing the Postal Application, candidates have to get ready with the following documents:
- Date of Birth certificate or SSC marks memo
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature in JPG format
- SSC marks memo (10th class marks sheet)
- Community/Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Computer certificate if required
Application Process for Post Office Jobs
The details provided here about the Post Office application process will help you. The Postal Application Process involves two modes:
If officials ask you to fill and submit the Post Office Application form in online mode, follow the steps provided below:
- How to Apply Online?
- Visit the official website, i.e., http://www.appost.in/
- On the home page, find the related advertisement link under “Notifications” section
- Go through the details provided in the official Indian Postal Jobs notification
- Ensure the eligibility and hit the “Registration”
- Enter the details like name, mobile number, gender, category, date of birth, etc
- OTP will be received to your mobile number for verification
- After completion of registration, a unique registration number will be generated
- Pay the fee online or offline at any head post office
- Fill the Postal Application using the registration number and other information
- Upload the required educational certificates/documents, scanned photograph and signature, etc
- Submit the post preferences and preview all the details before the final submission of the Postal Online Application
- Take a print out of the Post Office Online Application Form and keep the hard copy for future reference
- Also, check the status of your application by clicking the “Application Status” and entering the required details
If officials ask you to fill and submit the application in offline mode, then you need to follow below steps or procedure:
- How to Apply Offline?
- Go to http://www.appost.in/
- Find the related advertisement link under “Live Notifications” section
- Read the full details provided in the official Post Office Recruitment notification
- Check the eligibility and download the Postal application form
- Fill all the personal, academic, and other information in the application form
- Pay the fee
- Attach the required documents along with the application form
- Send the application form and other documents to the given address before the last date
Post Office Application Fee Details
- At the time of applying for the Postal Office Recruitment, candidates have to pay the application fees online or offline
- Unreserved/OBC/EWS (Male) candidates have to pay the application fee as mentioned in the official notification
- SC/ST/PWD and female candidates are exempted from the payment of the application fee
Fee Payment through Offline
- Applicants have to check the list of head post offices available on the official portal
- Then, visit any of the head post offices to pay the application fee offline
Fee Payment through Online
- To pay the fee online, candidates have to visit the official portal, i.e., http://www.appost.in/ and hit the “Online Fee Payment”
- Enter the registration number, and other information
- Check the application fee amount you are required to pay and hit the “Make Payment”
- The online fee payment is completed successfully
Career Opportunity in Postal Department
Career ladder in postal department depends upon the level of responsibility, seniority, and performance. As you go up on your career ladder, you have to take more responsibilities, and your salary also increases.
How to Prepare for Indian Postal Jobs?
Sound preparation is required to crack the Postal Circle written exam, so, you have to put your efforts in a proper way. Here are the best ways to prepare for the Postal exam 2020 to score good marks.
- Know the Postal syllabus and exam pattern
- Analyse and make a study plan by giving the highest priority to the important topics/subjects
- Take mock tests and practice more Post Office question papers
- Analyze your weak areas and strong areas
- Maintain short notes which will help you at the time of the revision
- Set some time for revising the essential topics
- During the exam, first, start working on the subject in which you feel confident
- Leave the lengthy and difficult questions and solve them at the end
- Do not panic, attempt the questions confidently
Postal Exam Date 2020
The officials will announce the Postal Exam date 2020 along with the release of official notification or some time separately. So, you have to refer to the official Post Office notification to know the exam date.
Post Office Admit Card 2020
Candidates who are going to appear for the written exam have to download Postal Admit card from its official portal. To download the Post Office Hall ticket, you have to enter the valid login details like registration number, date of birth, etc. in the required fields. After downloading, check the details like your name, registration number/roll number, DOB, exam date and time, venue of the exam, etc. If you have come across any errors, contact the officials for corrections.
Exam Pattern of Post Office Jobs
Applicants of Post Office Recruitment can make use of the syllabus and exam pattern to score better marks in the written exam.
- The questions are of multiple-choice (OMR based)
- Exam paper comprises 100 questions
- Each question carry one mark, i.e., 100 marks
- The questions asked in the aptitude test will be of 10th/ matriculation standard
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers
- The duration of the exam is 120 minutes (2 hours)
Postal Exam Syllabus 2020
You need to go through the Post Office Exam Syllabus for better understanding of the subjects/ topics.
- Part-A: General Knowledge
- Part-B: Mathematics
- Part-C (I): English Language
- Part-C (II): Regional Language
Postal Exam Answer Key 2020
After the completion of the written exam, the officials will upload the Post Office Answer key on its official portal. Those can download the set wise exam key and cross-check answers to estimate the score. If you have found any wrong answers, raise objections against the Postal circle key as per the schedule.
Post Office Question Papers
Download free Postal exam model question papers with answers and make use of it in your preparation and score better in the exam. Proper practising of Postal circle previous papers will help you in cracking the written exam.
Post Office Result 2020
The officials will release the Postal Results on its official portal, i.e., appost.in After the declaration of the results, the officials will also send the result through post or email. Candidates who have appeared for the written exam can check the Indian Post Office Result by entering the valid login details like registration number, date of birth, etc. The results for state-wise postal circles is provided below:
- AP Postal Circle Results
- Telangana Postal Results
- Gujarat Postal Circle Results
- Karnataka Post Office Results
- Kerala Postal Circle Results
- Punjab Post Office Results
- Delhi Postal Circle Results
- Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle Results
- Jharkhand Post Office Results
- Haryana Postal Circle Results
- Uttarakhand Postal circle Results
- North Eastern Post Office Results
- West Bengal Postal circle Results
- Odisha Postal circle Results
- Jammu and Kashmir Postal circle Results
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle Results
- Rajasthan Post Office Results
- Maharashtra Postal Circle Results
- Tamilnadu Post Office Results
- Chhattisgarh Postal Circle Results
- Assam Postal Circle Results
- Bihar Postal Circle Results
- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle Results
Books to Prepare Post Office Jobs
Are you in search of Preparation Books for Post office jobs? To help you, we have listed some of the recommended books for Post Office jobs here.
- Upkar’s Postal/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Test – Dr.Jain and Sharma
- Master Guide Department of Posts: Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant Recruitment Exam – R.Gupta
- Department of Posts: Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Exam – Arihant publishers
- Kiran’s Department of Posts Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant (Saving Bank Control Organisation) Practice Work Book – Kiran Prakashan
- The Ultimate 473 Postal Exam Study Guide and Job FInder
- Pass the New Postal Test 473e Second Edition
- Postal Exam Book: for Test 473 and 473-C
- McGraw-Hill’s Postal Exams 473/473C
- Norman Hall’s Postal Exam Preparation Book
- Postal Exam Secrets (Mometrix Secrets Study Guides)
- Department of Posts-Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Recruitment Exam Guide
- Postman and Mail Guard Recruitment Exam Guide
- Postman and Mail Guard Recruitment Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
- Department of Posts Recruitment of Postman/Mail Guard Exam Books Regional Language English
Postal Circle Merit List PDF
After the successful completion of receiving the application forms, the officials will upload the Post Office Result cum Merit List on its official portal. The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the 10th class.
Applicants have to download the Postal Merit List from the official portal. After downloading the Postal selection list, find whether your name and the registration number is available in it or not. Selected candidates are eligible to appear for the document verification process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I apply for various posts released by various postal circles?
- Ans. You can visit the official portal, i.e., http://www.appost.in/ and hit the “Registration”. After registration, fill the application form with the other details and submit it.
- Is there any written exam for the selection of applicants for Indian Post Office GDS Recruitment?
- Ans. No, there is no written exam. A merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained in the 10th class is the only criteria for finalising the selection of the applicants.
- How can I get the notification and apply online link for Indian Post Office Recruitment?
- Ans. Go to http://www.appost.in/ and to get the notifications under Live Notifications section. To apply online, first of all, register by hitting “Registration.”
- What are the requirements to apply for Indian Post Office Recruitment?
- Ans. Candidates who have passed 10th class possessing 18 years of age are eligible to apply for Indian Postal Jobs.
- If it is possible to change the data after the submission of the Post Office Online Application Form?
- Ans. No, it is not possible to change the data once submitted. So, candidates have to fill the Postal Online Application carefully.
- Will Indian Postal Admit Card is sent to me through post or email?
- Ans. No. Candidates have to download the admit card/ hall ticket from the official portal using registration number, date of birth, etc.
- Is it necessary to upload the documents at the time of registration for Postal Department Recruitment?
- Ans. Yes. It is mandatory to upload the scanned photograph and signature, community certificate, educational qualification certificates, DOB certificate, etc. at the time of registration for Postal Office Recruitment.
- When I am submitting my registration details, the page is redirected to the home page, What is the reason?
- Ans. While registering, you should not open multiple tabs/browsers in the same desktop.
- Are there any charges for fee payment of Indian Post Office Recruitment?
- Ans. There are no charges for the fee paid offline (by cash) at any of the head post office counters. Candidates can also pay the fee online using a credit card, debit card, net banking, etc. The charges for online payment is as follows:
- Credit card: 1% of the transaction amount
- Internet banking: Rs. 10/- per transaction
- Debit card: Nil up to Rs. 2, 000/-
- I have paid the fees double times. How can I get the fee refunded?
- Ans. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. So, be careful at the time of fee payment through online mode.
- I have forgotten my registration number. Where can I get the registration number?
- Ans. If you have lost your registration number, then you can check it from “Forgot Registration/Fee Details”. Also, you can change the mobile name using “Change of Mobile Number” option.
- I do not have my PWD/Community/EWS certificate. What I have to do?
- Ans. It is mandatory to upload the community/caste certificate. If you have not uploaded, you will be treated as belonging to UR category, and you are not eligible for age relaxation, fees, etc.