Central TET Notification 2020 is issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to appoint the eligible candidates as teachers for Classes I to VIII. Job hunters who are looking for Teacher Jobs can grab this opportunity & apply for CTET July 2020 Exam on or before the due date i.e, 24th February 2020. Scroll down the page to get more details of CTET July 2020 Notification.
CBSE CTET Notification 2020
Here is a piece of good news for those candidates who are eagerly waiting for Teaching Jobs. Recently, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released CTET Notification 2020 on its official portal. With the release of notification, the CBSE officials are going to conduct CTET Exam 2020 for the appointment of the candidates as a teacher for Classes I to VIII. The starting date to fill the application form is 24th January 2020 & the closing date is 24th February 2020.
Candidates who are aspiring to appear in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020 for July Session have to fill & submit the application form through online mode. Other details of Central TET Notification 2020 like selection process, eligibility requirements, application fee, the process to apply online, important links, etc.
Central TET Notification 2020 Brief Details
- Name of the Conducting Board: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Name: Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET).
- Name of the Posts: Teacher posts.
- Level of Exam: National level
- No. of times exam conducted: twice a year.
- No. of languages in which CTET Exam conducted: 20 languages
- Type of Job: All India Govt Jobs
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 24th January 2020
- Last Date to Apply Online: 24th February 2020
- Last date for submission of fee: 27th February 2020
- Date of Examination (Paper-I): 05th July 2020 (9.30 AM to 12.00 Noon)
- CTET Exam Date (Paper-II): 05th July 2020 (2.00 PM to 4.30 PM)
- Mode of Application: Online
- Official portal: https://ctet.nic.in/
Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) Requirements
Candidates who possess the following qualifications are eligible to apply for Central TET Notification 2020 July Exam.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (OR)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE, Regulations, 2002. (OR)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed). (OR)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education). (OR)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. (OR)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed). (OR)
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard. (OR)
- Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed). (OR)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed. (OR)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education). (OR)
Any candidate having qualified B.Ed program recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET.
20 Languages in which CTET Exam is conducted
CTET Exam is conducted in 20 languages all over the country. The list of languages offered along with their codes are as follows:
- English -01
- Hindi -02
- Assamese- 03
- Bengali -04
- Garo- 05
- Gujarati -06
- Kannada -07
- Khasi -08
- Malayalam -09
- Manipuri -10
- Marathi- 11
- Mizo -12
- Nepali- 13
- Oriya- 14
- Punjabi -15
- Sanskrit- 16
- Tamil- 17
- Telugu -18
- Tibetan- 19
- Urdu -20
CTET July 2020 Selection Process
Applicants of CTET Exam 2020 have to appear for the following selection rounds.
Validity Period of CTET Certificate
- The validity period of the CTET qualifying certificate for the appointment will be seven years from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
- There is no restriction regarding the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate.
- A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
CTET 2020 Application Process
Candidates who wish to apply for CTET Exam 2020 can visit the official website i.e, www.ctet.nic.in from 24th January 2020 to 24th February 2020. Follow these simple guidelines provided below while filling the CTET July 2020 application form.
Before applying for Central TET Notification 2020 July Exam, candidates need to go through the details provided below.
- Applicants have to go through the Information Bulletin carefully.
- To appear in the exam, candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Before the submission of the application form, select the mode of payment of the exam fee.
- The scanned image of the photograph & signature should be in JPG/JPEG format only for uploading.
- Keep the Confirmation Page along with the original copy of E-Challan (In case the fee is paid through E-Challan) of Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank for future reference.
Method of Submission of Central TET Online Application Form
- STEP 1: Log on to CTET official website i.e, www.ctet.nic.in
- STEP 2: Go to the link “Apply online” and open the same.
- STEP 3: Fill in the online application form and note down Registration No./Application No.
- STEP 4: Upload the scanned images of the latest photograph and signature
- STEP 5: Pay examination fees by e-challan or debit/credit card and net banking
- STEP 6: Print the confirmation page for record and keep it for future reference.
CTET Registration Procedure
- Authentication Form: Fill the details like state, identification type & number (select any identity as applicable), candidate’s name, and date of birth and gender.
- Fill Online Application Form: Fill the details in the online application form like the Candidate’s particulars and choose a password. After the submission, a Registration Number/Application Number gets generated. Note down the Registration No./Application No for the future reference. For subsequent login, system generated Registration No. /Application No. and Password will be used.
- Choice of Examination Centres: Candidates have to select three different options for Examination Centres cities in order of preference from where he/she wishes to appear for the test.
- Languages Offered for CTET: Select two languages in which you wish to appear for CTET from the dropdown menu.
- Online Uploading of scanned images: Candidates need to upload the scanned copies of the photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- The scanned photograph and signature are in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 to 100 KB
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Size of scanned signature should be between 3 to 30 KB.
- Image Dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height).
- Pay the Examination Fee: Candidates have to pay the requisite amount of application fee through online/ offline mode.
- Downloading of confirmation page: Candidates have to take the printout of the confirmation page & keep it for future reference.
- For Gen/ OBC (Only Paper I or II): Rs. 700/-
- For Gen/ OBC (Both Paper I & II): Rs. 1200/-
- For SC/ST/Differently Abled Person (Only Paper I or II): Rs. 350/
- For SC/ST/Differently Abled Person (Both Paper I & II): Rs. 600/-
Candidates have to pay the application fee through Syndicate Bank or Canara bank E-challan/ debit card/ Credit card, etc.
CTET July 2020 Exam Pattern
- All questions in CTET will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with four alternatives out of which one is correct.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- There are two papers for CTET Exam.
- Paper I is for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper-II is for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
- A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- The duration of the exam is 2 1/2 hours.
- The main question paper shall be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
- Opt two languages (Language I & II) in which you wish to appear for CTET.
Paper I (for Classes I to V) Primary Stage – Structure and Content (All Compulsory)
- Child Development and Pedagogy – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Language I (compulsory) – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Language II (compulsory) – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Mathematics – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Environmental Studies – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Total – 150 MCQs for 150 Marks
Paper-II (for Classes VI to VIII) Elementary Stage – Structure and Content (All Compulsory)
- Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Language I (Compulsory) – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Language II (Compulsory) – 30 MCQs – 30 Marks
- Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher) – 60 MCQs – 60 Marks
- Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher) For any other teacher – either (IV) or (V) – 60 MCQs – 60 Marks
- Total – 150 MCQs for 150 Marks
Names of the CTET Exam Centers
The state wise list of exam centers for Central TET Notification is given here. The Central Teacher Eligibility Test July 2020 will be conducted in the following cities:
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Port Blair
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Tezpur, etc
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE:
THE JOINT SECRETARY(CTET),
CENTRAL TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST UNIT,
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION,
PS 1-2, INSTITUTIONAL AREA, IP EXTENSION, PATPARGANJ,
Contact No: 011-22235774, 22247176 Fax: 22235775
- Opening Date for Online Application Submission: 24th January 2020 (Friday)
- Last Date for Online Application Submission: 24th February 2020 (Monday)
- Last Date for Fee Payment through E-Challan or Debit/Credit Card: 27th February 2020 (Thursday)
- Final Verification of Fee by the Candidates: 28th February 2020 (Friday)
- Online corrections by candidates: from 17th March 2020 (Tuesday) to 24th March 2020 (Tuesday)
- Download Admit Card: Third Week of June 2020 (Tentative)
- Date of Examination: 5th July 2020 (Sunday)
- Declaration of Results: 6 weeks from the date of examination
Other Related Links