Bihar police agency was formed in the year 1935 and Director General of Police heads the department. The state is divided into four zones which are further divided into two or three ranges and comes under the direct command of Deputy Inspector-General. Examinations for posts under Bihar police is conducted by Bihar Police Exam Board (BPEB). Currently, there are more than 1500 vacancies for the posts under Bihar Police. Other important state level police recruitments are Arunachal Pradesh Police, Kerala Police, Chattisgarh Police, Maharashtra Police, etc.
|S. No.||Posts||Age limit||Educational Qualifications||Pay Scale|
|1.||Head Constable||18-28 years||Must pass 10th or 12th||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200|
|2.||Constable||18-28 years||Must pass 10th or 12th||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200|
|3.||Assistant Sub Inspector||18-28 years||Must have done 3 years of polytechnic diploma||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200|
|4.||Sub Inspector||18-28 years||Any Graduate||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200|
|5.||Home Guard||18-28 years||Must pass 10th or 12th||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200|
- 6 years of age relaxation for SC candidates.
- 8 years of age relaxation for ST candidates.
- 3 years of age relaxation for OBC candidates.
- For General Male candidates
- Height – Not less than 165 cms
- Chest (normal) -81 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 86 cms
- For SC/ST Male candidates
- Height – Not less than 160 cms
- Chest (normal) -79 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 84 cms
- For Gorkha candidates
- Height – Not less than 158 cm
- Chest (normal) – 79 cms
- Chest (expanded) – 84 cms
- For Female candidates
- Height – Not less than 155 cm
- Chest (normal) – Not required
- Chest (expanded) – Not required
Other important government job notifications released by the government are Bihar Assistant Professors, Bihar CCE, Bihar TET,etc. For more updates on the Bihar Police Department examinations stay connected to Drona.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
Eligible candidates can apply online for the advertised posts by submitting an ‘application form’ which is notified on the official website.
- Log on to the Official website i.e. http://biharpolice.bih.nic.in/.
- Click on the desired advertisement on the home page.
- Click on apply online and fill the details carefully.
- May the necessary payments.
- Click on the link “Submit application”.
- Take the print out of the application form for future reference.
The mode of selection is conducted in three consecutive steps. Candidates selected in Step 1 must attend the next step of the selection mode and so on.
- STEP 1 – Written Examination
- STEP 2 – Physical test
- STEP 3 – Interview
The first stage of selection procedure in Bihar Police Department examination is Written Examination. There are 3 papers in this section. For written examination candidates should have a thorough knowledge of the subjects along with current affairs and Standard GK.
The Physical test is the second stage of the Bihar Police Department examinations. Candidates should match up to the specifications mentioned in point 3.1. There are other physical efficiency tests that need to be qualified by the candidates like, running, high jump, long jump and shot put.
The Interview is the last stage of the recruitment process for the Bihar Police Department examinations.
For the selection of deserving candidates from all the candidates, the Bihar Police Department conducts the examination in three consecutive steps.
It is the first stage of Bihar Police examination. It consists of one objective type paper. There are total 100 questions carrying a total of 300 marks. The time duration for each paper is 2 hours.
The questions in the examination of Bihar Police is asked from the following categories-
- General Science
The candidates should match the specification of physical standards mentioned in 3.1.
For Male candidates
- Running – 1 km in 6 minutes.
- High jump – 3 feet 6 inches
- Long jump – 10 feet
- Shot put – 16 pounds (14 foot)
For Female candidates
- Running – 1 km in 8 minutes.
- High jump – 2 feet 6 inches
- Long jump – 7 feet
- Shot put – 12 pounds (8 foot)
It is the last stage of Bihar Police examination. The candidates selected for the written examination must attend the Interview. Interviews are taken for reviewing the selected candidate’s personality.
All the syllabus related to the Bihar Police examinations are provided here.
Syllabus for Mathematics –
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time, Work, & Distance
- H.C.F. & L.C.M
- Simple & Compound Interest
Syllabus for Hindi –
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Detection
- Translation of Sentences
- Plural Forms
Syllabus for English –
- Correction of Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
Syllabus for Geography –
- Water & Agriculture
- Geography as a social study and as a science
- Earth and the solar system
- Natural and human environment.
- Types of Resources
Syllabus for Civics –
- Government of India
- Social Justice
- State Government of Bihar
- Diversity in Indian
- Judiciary System
- Parliamentary & Local Government
- The Indian Constitution
Syllabus for General Science –
- Physics (Class X-XII level)
- Chemistry (Class X-XII level)
- Biology (Class X level)
- Academic book – Mathematics (Class X level)
- Academic book – Physics (Class X level)
- Academic book – Chemistry (Class X level)
- Academic book – Biology (Class X level)
- Academic book – Civics (Class X level)
- Academic book – Geography (Class X level)
- Reasoning and Arithmetic by ‘ R.S Agrawal’
- Quantitative Aptitude book for All Competitive Examination by – Abhuit Guha
- Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams by – Pratiyogita Kiran