Bihar Combined Competitive Examination (Bihar-CCE) is conducted by Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) for recruitment of candidates under Bihar Administrative Services (BAS), Bihar Police Services (BPS), Bihar Registration Services (BRS), Bihar Labour Services (BLS), Bihar Election Services (BES) and other Bihar state services. Currently, there are more than 600 vacancies under Bihar-CCE. Other similar government job notifications are Haryana Civil Services, Gujarat Civil Services, Nagaland Civil Service Exam, WB Civil Service Executive Exam, etc.
|S.No.||Posts||Age Limit (lower)||Qualification||Pay Scale||Grade pay|
|1.||Bihar Administrative Service||22 years||Graduation or equivalent||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|2.||Bihar Probation Service||21 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,200|
|3.||Bihar Financial Services||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|4.||Bihar Police Service||20 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|5.||District minority officers||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|6.||District Commandant||20 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 5,400|
|7.||Rural Development Officer||21 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,200|
|8.||Product inspector||20 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|9.||Planning officer||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|10.||District Audit Officer||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|11.||Sugarcane Officer||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|12.||Bihar Election Services||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|13.||Bihar Labour Service||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|14.||Bihar Registration Service||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
|15.||Revenue Officer||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,200|
|16.||Assistant Employment Exchange Executive||22 years||Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800||Rs. 4,800|
The upper age relaxations can be given as –
- Unreserved male – 37 years
- Unreserved female – 40 years
- OBC – 40 years
- extremely backwards classes(male & female) – 40 years
- SC/ST – 42 years
Other popular notification of Government jobs in the state are Bihar Assistant Professors
Bihar Police, Bihar TET, etc. For regular updates on the notifications associated with Bihar Combined Competitive Examinations visit Drona.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- Log on to the official website ‘http://bpsc.bih.nic.in/’
- Click on online registration.
- Register with a valid email id and give a valid password.
- Enter academic and personal details.
- Upload your scanned signature and photograph.
- Make the fee payments.
- Submit the online application.
- Take the printout of application form for future references.
The selection process for Bihar Combined Competitive Examinations is a categorized into three steps. Candidates qualifying the first step is eligible for the next step and so on.
Step 1 (Prelims)
The Preliminary Examination is the first stage of the Bihar Combined Competitive Examination. This exam is conducted to screen the candidates on the basic level. Good grip on GK and current affairs in necessary to crack prelims. Candidates qualifying preliminary exams are eligible for the next step i.e. Main examination.
Step 2 (Mains)
The Main Examination is the second stage of Bihar Combined Competitive Examination. The Main examination is said to be slightly tough than preliminary examination. It consists of three papers.
Step 3 (Interview)
The Interview is the last stage of the selection procedure in Bihar Combined Competitive Examination.
It consists of one paper and paper is of objective type. It consists of 150 questions with total marks of 150. The time duration for prelims examination is 2 hours. The questions are asked from the following category –
- Paper I -General Studies
It consists of one Hindi paper, two general studies papers and 2 papers from optional subjects. Hindi paper is of 100 marks with a time duration of 1 hour. General studies papers are of 150 marks each with a time duration of 3 hours each. Optional papers are of 200 marks each. The questions are asked from following categories-
- Paper I – General Studies
- Paper II – General Studies
- Paper II – Optional Subject
List of Optional subjects –
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Indian Administration
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Labour and Social welfare
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Hindi Language & Literature
- English Language & Literature
- Bengali Language & Literature
- Sanskrit Language & Literature
- Persian Language & Literature
- Arabic Language & Literature
- Pali Language & Literature
It is the last stage of selection procedure and it carries a total of 150 marks.
The questions are asked from –
- General Knowledge
- Current Events – National and International Importance
- History of India & Bihar
- Principal geographic divisions of Bihar
- Important Rivers of Bihar
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economic System
- Changes in Bihar’s Economy after Independence
- Bihar’s Contribution in National Revolution Of India
- General Mental ability
The questions are asked from following categories
Paper I – General Studies
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- Current events of National and International Importance
- Statistical Analysis, graphs and Venn diagrams
Paper II – General Studies
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy and Geography of India
- The Role of Impact of Science and technology in the development of India.