Bihar Public Service Commission conducts Bihar Assistant Professor Examination for recruitment of Assistant Professors in different departments within the state. Assistant Professor is recruited for various subjects. Currently, there are more than 3300 vacancies for the post of Assistant Professor under Bihar Public Service Commission. Other important PSCs in the country are APPSC, KSPSC, TSPSC, TNPSC, etc.
|S.No.||Posts||Age Limit||Qualification||Pay Scale||Grade pay|
|1.||Assistant Professor (All Subjects)||23 – 55 years||Master’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 55% aggregate.||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 6,000|
- 5% of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates at Master’s degree.
- 5% of marks relaxation for PH candidates at Master’s degree.
- Current Notifications click here
- Upcoming Notifications click here
- Previous Notifications click here
- Log on to the official website ‘http://bpsc.bih.nic.in/’
- Click on online registration.
- Register with a valid email id and give a valid password.
- Enter academic and personal details.
- Upload your scanned signature and photograph.
- Make the fee payments.
- Submit the online application.
- Take the printout of application form.
- Attach the required documents with application form and post it to address mentioned on the official website.
The Written Examination is the first stage of the Bihar Assistant Professor Examination. There are the different syllabus for different subjects. Preliminary Examination is a paper of objective type. Drona provides excellent study material that helps in the preparation for the aspirants.
It is the second stage of the Bihar Assistant Professor Examination. Candidates are selected on the basis of their academic marks and merit.
The Interview is the last stage of the selection procedure in Bihar Assistant Professor Examination.
It consists of one paper and paper is of objective type. It consists of 60 questions with total marks of 60.
The marks are given on the basis of candidate’s academic performance.
Interview carries a total of 15 marks.
The overall syllabus for the Bihar Assistant Professor for different subjects –
Syllabus for Mathematics –
- Real & Complex Analysis
- Mathematical Statistics
- Graph Theory
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Measure Theory & Functional Analysis
- Differential Geometry
- Mathematical Programming
- Fluid Dynamics
Syllabus for Physics –
- Classical & Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Theory and its Applications
- Condensed Matter
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Experimental Physics
Syllabus for Chemistry –
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
Syllabus for Botany –
- Genetics & Cytogenetics
- Plant Breeding
- Environment & Ecology
- Plant Pathology & Mycology
- Angiosperms Morphology Taxonomy
- Biochemistry & Biotechnology
- Plant Physiology
- Bacteria, Viruses, & Algae
Syllabus for General Knowledge –
- International & National Organizations
- Books & Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Five Year Plans & Budget
- Important Days
- News – Financial & Economic
- Awards & Honors
Syllabus for English –
- Correction of Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
Syllabus for Hindi –
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Detection
- Translation of Sentences
- Plural Forms
Syllabus for Sanskrit –
- History of Vedic & Sanskrit Literature
- Kavyas and Darsana
- Alankara Sastra
Syllabus for Geography –
- Population Geography
- Geography of India
- Geographic Thought
- Settlement Geography
- Map making
- Economic Geography
- Remote Sensing
Preparation / Strategy
- Lucent GK
- Academic Books of different subjects from class 6th to class 10th
- Bihar special Book
- “Pratiyogita Darpan”
- Indian history and culture by – VK Agnihotri
- Mathematics for Higher Level Competitive Exams by – Santanu Roy
- Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams by – Pratiyogita Kiran