Before applying for Banking jobs, it is compulsory that the applicant’s academic qualifications should match the eligibility required for the particular post. So, we have shared the Bank Exams eligibility details like nationality, age limit, educational qualification, number of attempts here. Also, check the eligibility criteria for bank jobs like Clerk, Probationary Officer (PO), Specialist Officer (SO), etc from the below modules of the page.
Eligibility Criteria For Bank Jobs in India 2020
At the time of applying for bank jobs, generally, a question arises in your mind i.e, What is the Eligibility criteria for Bank jobs in India?” As most of the candidates are searching for the answer to this question, we have provided here. The first thing that is taken into consideration while applying for the Bank jobs recruitment 2020 is the eligibility criteria. The age limit of the applicants should be between 21-30 years. Candidates should have completed Graduation from a recognized university with 65% marks. In the case of SC/ST/PWD/reserved category candidates, a minimum of 55% marks are required.
Go through the below sections to get the Bank Jobs Eligibility details like nationality, age limit, educational qualification, number of attempts, etc. Also, get post-wise eligibility criteria from this article.
Bank Jobs Eligibility Nationality
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for Bank jobs
- Nepal/Bhutan or Tibetan refugees can also apply
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Malawi, Zaire, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, and Vietnam, with an intention of settling in India permanently are also eligible to apply
Bank Exams Eligibility Age Limit
- In general, the age limit of the applicants should be between 21 to 30 years
- Age relaxation in the upper limit for the reserved category candidates is as follows:
- SC/ST: 05 years
- OBC: 03 years
- PWD + SC/ST: 15 years
- PWD + General: 10 years
- Ex-servicemen: 05 years
Eligibility For Bank Exams Educational Qualification
- Candidates who possess a Graduation degree or an equivalent from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Bank Jobs
- Those who are in the final year or final semester of their Graduation are also eligible to apply
- Candidates in the final year have to apply for Bank exams with a condition, that they have to produce the proof of a graduation pass certificate at the time of interview
- Those who have completed Charted Accountant (CA) from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for Bank PO
Banking Jobs Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts for Bank jobs is decided by the authorities according to the applicant’s category
- Appearing in the preliminary exam is not counted as a chance. Only appearing in mains is considered as an attempt
- If you have already completed the maximum number of attempts, you are not eligible to apply
Bank Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Candidates must be citizens of India
- Aspirants who are willing to apply for clerical posts should have completed 10+2 or Graduation from a recognized board or university
- The age limit of the applicants should be in between 18-25 years
- In the case of SC/ST candidates, age relaxation is applicable up to 3 or 5 years as per the organization norms
Eligibility Criteria For Bank PO
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to apply for Bank PO Jobs
- They must have a good knowledge of computers especially in MS office, etc
- The age limit of the applicants should be in between 21-30 years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per the organization norms
Other Related Links
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the qualification for bank exams?
Ans. Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to apply for Bank exams.
2. Can I give the bank exam after 12th?
Ans. No, it is not possible. The minimum qualification required to apply for Bank jobs is Graduation.
3. What is the age limit for bank exams in India?
Ans. For government banks like RBI, SBI, IBPS, etc, the age limit should be between 20-30 years.
4. Is 60% necessary in graduation to become a bank PO?
Ans. Yes, 60% marks or less than 60% marks in the Graduation degree is necessary to apply for Bank exams.
5. What is the passing percentage in graduation for bank PO?
Ans. The passing percentage in graduation for bank exams is 60% marks or less than 60% marks.
6. Does 12th marks matter in a bank PO?
Ans. no, 10th and 12th class marks are not considered to apply for Bank exams.
7. Who are eligible for bank exams?
Ans. Candidates having the age limit between 21-30 years and possessing a Graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for Bank exams.
You May Also Like
- Age Limit For Bank Exams
- Bank Exam Syllabus PDF
- Bank Exams Question Papers
- How To Prepare For Bank Exams
We hope that the information provided on this page regarding the Bank Exams eligibility is clear and informative (only for the reference). For further detailed eligibility requirements, keep visiting our page regularly or bookmark our page using CTRL+D.