Assam TET is an eligibility test conducted by the government of Assam for recruiting eligible candidates into teaching positions across the state. The exam is mandatory for the candidates to qualify for primary or upper primary teaching positions in the state government run schools. Regular notifications pertaining to the vacancies and exam dates are released by the government on a need basis. Other states that issue TET notifications are Maharastra, AP, Telangana, Orissa, etc. In order to stay updated about the notifications, candidates are advised to visit ‘Drona’.
|1.||Secondary/ Senior Secondary Teachers||21-38||
|2.||Senior/Higher Secondary Teachers||21-38||A candidate must be a Graduate from any UGC recognised University with at least 50% marks with B.T/B.Ed.
For language teachers, the candidates must have the respective language as a subject in their graduation.
For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years.
The Upper age limit for the candidates working under the scheme of “Strengthening and Improvement of the Quality Education in the State” will be given 5 years relaxation
- PwD candidates having locomotor/orthopedical complications are only eligible to apply in PwD category
- Visit www.rmsaassam.in
- Press “APPLY” online link
- Fill in the Application form carefully and enter all the details correctly
- Upload recent colour passport size photograph along with signature
- Get the printout of the filled Application form for future use
To qualify in TET, general category candidates must score at least 60% marks in both the papers, and minimum 55% marks (in both the papers) in case of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/ PH category candidates.
For Senior Secondary Level Candidates
- The examination will have two papers. The Paper I will be common to all candidates.
- The Paper II will have 3 options (option A, option B and option C) the candidates shall have the liberty to opt any one of the options.
- Each paper will bear 100 marks, with multiple-choice questions and the time allotted will be 2 hours
|S. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|1||General Studies and Current Affairs||100 MCQs||100|
|2||Pedagogy and General English||100 MCQs||100|
Candidates MUST pass both the papers separately to qualify for the position.
Validity of Card
TET certificate will be awarded to the qualified candidates and it will have a validity of 5 years from the date of issuance, subject to the condition that the candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria.
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus and manage time for preparation accordingly.
Following links would redirect you to the Syllabus:
- Assam Pedagogy Paper I Syllabus
- Assam Secondary TET Paper II Option A Syllabus
- Assam Secondary TET Paper II Option B Syllabus
- Assam Secondary TET Paper II Option C Syllabus
- Assam Secondary TET Syllabus
- Assam TET Secondary Syllabus
- Assam-Special TET General Studies Syllabus
- Assam-TET Madrasas Education Syllabus
- Previous papers
- Solved papers