Overview of Assam Police Jail Warder Recruitment 2020
- Board Name: Assam Police Department
- Post Name: Jail Warder
- Application Starting Date: 05th March 2020
- Final Date for Application Submission: 25th March 2020
- Selection Process: Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Written Test
- No of Vacancies: 173
- Application Process: Online
- Work Location: Guwahati
- Official Site: https://police.assam.gov.in/
Assam Police Jail Warder Recruitment 2020
Assam Police Department, Guwahati has issued a notification for the recruitment of 173 Jail Warder positions on 02nd March 2020. The online application process will start from 05th March 2020. Before applying for this recruitment, candidates need to check their eligibility criteria in the official notification. Those who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply through the official website on or before 25th March 2020. Assam Police Jail Warder Recruitment is a golden opportunity for the candidates who are searching for the Assam Police Jobs 2020. Candidates can also find more information about this recruitment in this article like Selection Process, Application Process, Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria and Monthly Salary etc.,
Assam Police jobs 2020
The total vacancies in Assam Police Department are 173 Jail warder posts. The Jail Warder vacancies are divided into category wise as follows
- Unreserved – 155
- OBC/MOBC – 5
- ST(H) – 08
- ST(P) – 05
Assam Police Jail Warder Eligibility
- Male Jail Warder
- Qualification: HSLC or Class X from a recognized institute
- Age Limit: 18 to 38 years
- Female Jail Warder
- Qualification: Should have passed the Annual Examination of Class VIII or an equivalent from a recognized institute
- Age Limit: 18 to 38 years
Physical Standard Test
- Male Candidates
- Height (Minimum) – 162.5 cm for Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC and 160 cm for ST (H)/ST (P)
- Female Candidates
- Height (Minimum) – 144.5 cm for Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC and 142cm ST (H)/ST (P)
- Chest (Only for men)
- The Circumference of the chest should not be measured less than 81 cm when exhaled
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates who clear Physical Standard Test are eligible for the Physical Efficiency Test. In Physical Efficiency, Test candidates need to participate in a race of
- Male Candidates – 1600 Meters Race
- Female Candidates – 1200 Meters Race
The following Marks are given for the Male and Female Candidates in 1600 Meters race and 1200 Meters race based on their time taken to complete the race. It carries a total of 15 marks.
Male and Female Candidates
- 6′ 30” – 6’11” – 8 Marks
- 6′ 10′ ‘- 6’01 – 8.5 Marks
- 6′ 00” – 5’51” – 9 Marks
- 5′.50 – 5′ 41″ – 9.5 Marks
- 5′ 40” – 5’31” – 10 Marks
- 5′ 30” – 5’21” – 10.5 Marks
- 5′ 20” – 5’16” – 11 Marks
- 5′ 15” – 5’11” – 12 Marks
- 5′ 10”- 5’06” – 13 Marks
- 5′ 05″- 5′ 01″ – 14 Marks
- 5 min or less – 15 Marks
Assam Police Jail Warder Selection process
Eligible candidates should attend for the Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Written Test. Those who clear these tests will be selected for the jail warder post
- Physical Standard Test (PST): In Physical Standard Test, officials will measure the height, chest and weight of the candidate. Candidates who meet the minimum standards will be eligible for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): In Physical Efficiency Test, candidates need to participate in a race of 1600 meters for Male Candidates and 1200 Meters for Female candidates. Officials will allot marks for the candidates based on their time taken to complete the race
- Written Test: Written Test is conducted to the candidates by the selection committee officials for those who clear the Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Candidates should get the minimum qualifying marks to get selected for the position.
- Final Results: The Final Results will be given based on all the rounds. The marks are allotted to every round as follows
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – 15 Marks
- Written Test – 75 Marks
- Extra-Curricular Activities and Special Skills – 10 Marks
- Total – 100 Marks
The officials will prepare a selection list based on the marks scored by the candidates in all the tests. The officials will prepare a separate selection list for Unreserved candidates and one for ST Candidates. In case of tie marks, the candidates with the older age will be preferred over. The selection list will be published through the official website and newspapers.
slprbassam.in Online Application Process 2020
Candidates can apply for the Assam Police Jail warder Recruitment 2020 through the official website. Applied candidate should get the photocopies of educational and age proofs certificates to the Physical Standard Tests(PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The candidates will be called for the PST & PET. Candidates will be called for the events based on their application order.
Documents to be Carried for the Assam Police Jail Warder Test
- Age Proof Certificate
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination
- Certificate of Class VIII for Female Candidates (If they have not passed HSLC or equivalent examination)
- Mark-sheet of HSLC or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of additional qualifications (If any)
- Certificate of sports, games etc. (if any)
- Experience of serving in Home Guard & certificate of NCC (if any).
- In the case of Ex-serviceman
- Copy of Discharged Book
- Copy of Identity Card of Ex-Serviceman.
- Caste certificate belonging to ST(P)/ST(H)/SC/OBC & MOBC.
- Two passport size photographs
- Candidates should produce undertakings as to know bi-cycling.
- The candidates will get a pay of Rs. 14000/- to Rs. 49,000/- and Grade Pay of Rs. 5,000/- per month plus other allowances
Steps to Apply for Assam Police Recruitment 2020
- Visit the official website (https://www.slprbassam.in/)
- You can see the advertisement left side of the home page
- Click on it and go through the eligibility criteria
- If you hold the eligibility criteria, click on ‘Apply Online’
- Enter the details
- Cross-check the details and
- Click on ‘Submit’
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the Jobs in Assam Police?
Ans: Jail Warder and Constable Jobs are the current jobs available in the Assam Police Department
Q.What is the Jail Warder Salary in Assam Police?
Ans: The Salary for a Jail Warder is Rs. 14,000/- to Rs. 49,000/- and a Grade Pay of Rs. 5000/- plus other allowances
Q. What is the Age Limit for the Assam Police?
Ans: The Age limit for the Assam Police Jail Warder Recruitment is 18 years to 25 years
Q. How to Apply for the Assam Police?
Ans: Candidates can click on the official link provided on this page, or they can visit the official website to apply for this recruitment